• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrive Thursday can anyone tell me what time storm a long bay is open to till right now?

According to post #2 of this thread, guests were reporting a closing time of 11PM in March 2014. I can't imagine it closing earlier now that the days are longer and warmer.

this is off topic as far as yacht and beach club but hoping the experts here can help me help my sister in law. ( i am staying at the yacht club in a couple of weeks btw ) anyways this has to do with a room only before a package . they are spending the night at all star sports
before starting their package at cbr. their travel agent told them they can go straight to the parks when they wake up the next morning. i thought that you had to check in at the new resort for the tickets / dining plan to be activated. i know their luggage will be transferred. this is the first trip for the kids ( boys 4 and 5) and i want it to be as magical as possible. i would hate for them to get to mk and be told they cant get in ! thanks for your help!

this is off topic as far as yacht and beach club but hoping the experts here can help me help my sister in law. ( i am staying at the yacht club in a couple of weeks btw ) anyways this has to do with a room only before a package . they are spending the night at assports before starting their package at cbr. their travel agent told them they can go straight to the parks when they wake up the next morning. i thought that you had to check in at the new resort for the tickets / dining plan to be activated. i know their luggage will be transferred. this is the first trip for the kids ( boys 4 and 5) and i want it to be as magical as possible. i would hate for them to get to mk and be told they cant get in ! thanks for your help!

Your sister-in-law needs a new travel agent. They will indeed need to check in at CBR before heading to a park or using their dining credits. If they didn't have a package and had room only and tickets purchased separately, they would be able to go directly to a park.

QUESTION: We are a "rope drop" family. We usually arrive before the scheduled opening of each park. How does this work if we are walking to Epcot from BC? Will we be allowed to walk through WS early and wait at a roped off area before entering FW at opening time? :confused3

QUESTION: We are a "rope drop" family. We usually arrive before the scheduled opening of each park. How does this work if we are walking to Epcot from BC? Will we be allowed to walk through WS early and wait at a roped off area before entering FW at opening time? :confused3

No
The Internaqtional Gateway entrance opens at about the same time as the main entrance. You are held there in the morning.

I have looked everywhere. Can someone describe to me where the club lounge is on the 5th floor... ie somewhere near the lobby or closer to Epcot side?

Wasn't someone looking for spa information? Touringplans posted this review of the Beach Club spa this morning.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/05/06/yacht-beach-clubs-ship-shape-salon-pedicure-review/

Thanks so much for posting the link to the review!!!

:goodvibes

I have looked everywhere. Can someone describe to me where the club lounge is on the 5th floor... ie somewhere near the lobby or closer to Epcot side?

It is on the 5th floor right off of the lobby elevators, so above the lobby area. If you find the old Disneyzone map (look in the Beach Club Room post on Page 1). The lounge is not on this map, but it is where the ICE is listed.

Hope that helps.

:)

My room and my first stay at Beach Club, Club Level is booked for 2015.
Does anyone know if the lounge will move after the remodel?

BEYOND excited to be staying at BCV this October!!! This looks like an amazing resort! :)

Oct 2-6th

And then we're off to the Disney Wonder for a 4 day cruise!

BEYOND excited to be staying at BCV this October!!! This looks like an amazing resort! :)

Oct 2-6th

And then we're off to the Disney Wonder for a 4 day cruise!

:cool1::cool1: Congratulations on your upcoming trip.

We stayed at BCV and BC CL last September and loved it.

Keep tuned to this thread for any and all questions you may have. There is a wealth of information to be found here thanks to all the wonderful people who frequent this thread:)

Wow, gone for 2 days and I had to read through pages and pages! I'll have to be better at checking in!

We stayed at AoA last year for the room size and fun themes, but the busses to every park almost did us in! :crazy2: I'm really excited about walking to Epcot:rotfl:Lucky you to work at such a beautiful resort and live in such a nice town- we used to live in Winter Garden.
We are doing the split stay, first at AoA for 3 nights, then over to the BC for 4 nights. I know I'll be itching to get over to the BC as fast as I can wake up on that Wednesday. :thumbsup2

I actually couldn't care less. If I drank coffee...you'd be peeling me off the ceiling. :lmao: I know there are a lot of big coffee fans on this board though!
I'm a morning Diet Coke or Iced Tea girl. No coffee here! :sad2:

And another review that popped up today on fb: ************************************disneys-beach-club-resort-review/

PS- if the pool closes at 11 I'm assuming lifeguards are not there that long? Anyone know what time they work until? Thanks!

Erika, that was an awesome blog post about BC! I felt like I was at the hotel while reading it! You definitely captured the spirit of the Beach Club! Beautiful pictures, too. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I haven't had a lot of free time to post but I've been checking in here and there reading everyone's updates. We are 29 days away from our trip! I. Can't. Wait!!!! May is a crazy month around here with band/choir concerts, school musical, baseball and honors nights plus end of the year banquets. I haven't even had much time to get excited about our upcoming trip!

To everyone there now, enjoy! To everyone traveling soon, have a great trip! For everyone planning their trips, happy planning! Buzzy the Fly Guy, this includes you too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter