2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at the airport waiting to board our plane. Thank you for all the advice and helping me pass the time to our trip. I am going to try to post trip up dates while we are there. Please let me know if there is anything that anyone wants me to find out.

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are at the airport waiting to board our plane. Thank you for all the advice and helping me pass the time to our trip. I am going to try to post trip up dates while we are there. Please let me know if there is anything that anyone wants me to find out.

Amber

Looking forward to meeting you today.

Amber

Have a fabulous trip!

page 244-249

I got lucky again!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Been checking availability at YC/BC for months looking for anything to open up the first week of June. Some of you might even remember me posting several times about not having any Epcot resorts available that week. We had booked a 1br at BWV as our only option. Finally yesterday I was able to get 4 of our nights at YC CL LV!!!! :cool1: I don't know what happened but suddenly they had every room category available!!!??? It must have been a block of rooms on hold. Maybe Mark Hamill released them??? :rotfl: I don't know how I got lucky again, this is the exact same thing that happened to us in March. I had been checking YC/BC availability since Christmas and was finally able to get it a couple of weeks before our Spring Break. Fate must be working on my side. :goodvibes I will keep checking for more days to open up earlier in the week, but as it stands right now we'll be there June 4-8. :thumbsup2 The kids are going to be so shocked and excited!!! It's their favorite resort. :cloud9:

:woohoo:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list and keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that more days open up for you at YC.

:goodvibes

Thank you for the detailed times and I hope we're that lucky! We're coming in on a Monday morning so hopefully as easy.

Grey Gooses are yum. I have a sangria in my sights at Via Napoli. What's in a Sunken Treasure I keep seeing mentioned? Will have to enjoy one of those as well. :hippie:

There is a tribute to the Sunken Treasure on Page 2 of this thread, in the Community post. I'll come back and edit in the recipe.

:)

Please note that the Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's, however if you get a bartender who knows how to make the drink, you may still be in luck!

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experiemented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

SunkenTreasureingredients.jpg
P1130980.jpg

SunkenTreasureNinjaMom.jpg
SunkenTreasure2.jpg

LOL, I love that we can't *not* have a thread! It's there, waiting in the wings...

Of course! We always need a home.

:thumbsup2

Hi to all the awesome YC/BC experts!

In two weeks we will be at the Yacht Club, and this is our very first time staying there as a family. We're really excited.

I have a couple questions I'm hoping you all might be able to answer...

What time do the buses/boats start running in the morning?
Does anyone know how long it takes to get to MK, AK and DTD?
Is it realistic to think of walking to HS? Or is that just too far?
Is the pool crazy crowded in the afternoons since everyone has the same idea to take a break then? (i.e. how likely are we to score chairs in early afternoon?)
Would there ever be a hope of a walk-up at Beaches & Cream, or should we make a reservation?

I've read these boards through for many tips - and I'm super grateful for everything I've learned. Any other info you wish to impart is appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :yay:

Here are some of my answers to your questions-

I hesitate to definitively state when buses and boats start operating, but I think an hour before that park opens is a good rule of thumb.

The trip to MK takes between 12-15 minutes and about 15 minutes to AK (plus whatever wait time you have for the bus). The travel time to DTD is approx. 25-30 minutes. Consider getting a taxi back to the resort from DTD. I'm a total cheapo, but paying for the cab fare for that route of travel is worth every penny!

How little are the legs that are joining you on the trip? We have done the walk back to the resort from HS. We beat the boat when we are briskly walking. We haven't done the walk TO HS because we don't want to wear ourselves out early in the day. Whether or not you want to do the walk should probably depend on weather and how tired you are. About a 20-25 minute walk between YC and HS.

Not sure about the Beaches & Cream wait or crowd conditions at the pool.

:thumbsup2

Is there a list of connecting rooms for YC??

Not that I have ever seen.

I will say the Yacht Club quiet pool was always empty!! One day I chose to go to that pool and it was a completely relaxing afternoon. I had a cocktail, laid by the pool, a great getaway from the crowds. :)

I live in Chicago, near downtown! :)

Here's a question- where did you get the cocktail? Did you BYOB or get something from Hurricane Hanna's or elsewhere before going to the quiet pool?

page 244-249 (continued)

Anyone currently at Y&BC or BCV- i am leaving tomorrow and have some groceries left over. Free for the taking: bottled waters, 1 gallon un-opened organic whole milk, dozen eggs and frozen breakfast sausage. I feel bad throwing it out. I'll be here until 11am at the villas. Please pm me if anyone is interested.

What a nice offer! I hope someone was able to take you up on it.

Sadly, I've had to cancel my upcoming birthday trip to WDW. natebenma, please remove me from the October 2013 YC list. :sad1:

However, I'm already planning my birthday trip for next year, and it's my 40th, so I'll be going all out and hope to stay at YC or BC! :dance3:

I had a horrible cold when I was in WDW about 7 weeks ago, but I was able to walk around BC and YC for the first time ever and even made a visit to Beaches & Cream! I LOVED the resorts, and I can't wait to stay there!

:(

So sorry to hear that! Please let us know when you book your birthday trip! We'll be waiting.

Hi - we have a RO for 2 nights at BC then on day 3 are moving to caribbean beach with FD. No tickets for our BC stay but does anyone know if I have to physically go to CBR on day 3 to activate my tickets and magic bands or can they do that for me at the BC?

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list if you let us know when your trip is.

:woohoo:

Not positive about the answer to your question, but I think you have to physically go to CBR.

Do all of the GV CL rooms have balconies? Any suggestions for room requests? Thx!

Yes, all BC GV CL rooms currently have full balconies. I don't expect that to change with the upcoming refurb, but who knows!

We check in tomorrow morning at the YC!! I'm beyond excitied!!!!

Amber

Have a fantastic time!!!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but if you are staying in the CL do you need to do the 60 day advance online check in? Our situation is a little different as we are staying off property our first night and we will arrive at the YC very early. We will leave our luggage with bell services (or CL staff)?, check in, and head right to Epcot. Would online check in speed up this process, or should we rely on checking in with the CL when we get there?

Thank you!!!

I don't think it matters to much if you do the advanced checkin or not when staying CL. Can anyone think of major advantages? Maybe a slightly quicker checkin since you have already provided your credit card info.

We have had 3 BC CL stays, never did the online checkin and our room was ready every time (approx. 11:30 am).

:cool1:

OK, folks, it is time to move.

Buzzy- I want to make sure that you have the right address to find us.

Wing on over to www.I<3thedarkside.com

We will be coming along shortly.

Don't worry if it takes us a little while to get there. Just wait there and we should show up eventually.

:upsidedow

Hello fellow Chicagoans cantwaitvaca09, nharding20 and amg35! I know there are a few more suburban peeps on here too! I'm in Orland Park but grew up in the city. And yes, this weather definitely stinks! 19 days until we leave......I. Can't. Wait!!!!!!!
I'm in NW Indiana so lump myself in as a Chicagoans too, so Hello. As all of you I agree this weather has been horrible. 21 hopefully short days till we check in & I can't wait.

Hi Everyone

Please bare with me if this question has been asked many times. I was wondering if the market place sells cases of water. We won't have a car this trip, and when I saw the "upcharge" (double) from gardengrocer I thought we might as well just get a case at the resort if they sell it. I know they sell milk etc. so I thought they might have cases of water?

If so I'll just pack our cereal, buy the milk and water there and avoid having to use the grocery delivery service. I'd appreciate any tips you all might have. ;)

Hi Everyone Please bare with me if this question has been asked many times. I was wondering if the market place sells cases of water. We won't have a car this trip, and when I saw the "upcharge" (double) from gardengrocer I thought we might as well just get a case at the resort if they sell it. I know they sell milk etc. so I thought they might have cases of water? If so I'll just pack our cereal, buy the milk and water there and avoid having to use the grocery delivery service. I'd appreciate any tips you all might have. ;)

They don't sell cases but they sell large bottles. One of the best ways to get a case of water is to have Amazon ship it to your hotel.

They don't sell cases but they sell large bottles. One of the best ways to get a case of water is to have Amazon ship it to your hotel.

How clever! So how far in advance do I do this? And do I just give the address of the Beach Club? Where would I put our guest info so that the front desk knows who it is for? Im sorry I am new to this one; so I need the "step by step" instructions! lol I really appreciate the info....hubby and I never even thought you could do that and we are both very impressed.

Or have a case shipped from Staples.... Free shipping there if you join their free rewards program.

I was wondering about this too. We are flying and I wondered if I could put a case into my checked luggage.

Howdy folks! This thread is not longer active. I'll copy and post your questions about cases of water on the new thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3277682

2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, May 2014: New Thread

BTW- I believe the Marketplace does have cases of water available, at least it is on the listing of items DVC members can preorder:

24 pack of 12 oz Dasani water, $16.00

Hi Everyone

Please bare with me if this question has been asked many times. I was wondering if the market place sells cases of water. We won't have a car this trip, and when I saw the "upcharge" (double) from gardengrocer I thought we might as well just get a case at the resort if they sell it. I know they sell milk etc. so I thought they might have cases of water?

If so I'll just pack our cereal, buy the milk and water there and avoid having to use the grocery delivery service. I'd appreciate any tips you all might have. ;)

I was wondering about this too. We are flying and I wondered if I could put a case into my checked luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!