20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found this thread; boy am I slow sometimes.

Count me in, cat 9, deck 2, midship. Just my wife and me. Our 2 boys will be enjoying quality time with grandma.

Had a cat 11, couldn't decide whether to keep or not, and someone here talked me into the cat 9. :eek: I'd better darn well have a good tax refund or work bonus next year. :teeth:

Next year is my 10th anniversary and my birthday will occur during the cruise, so those are just as good excuses as any to go cruising.

14 days... man. And I thought a 7 day cruise was bliss; this is going to be heaven! I took my first 7 day cruise last March and I have never, ever been so relaxed and so disengaged from work in my life.

Sam

We are in. Category 6, deck six...two adults in our 30's (barely!) This will be our second Disney cruise and we leave in 10 days for our first 14-night cruise. This one is on Celebrity from San Diego up the coast and into Alaska. Can hardly wait but having trouble focusing on this one because we are too busy thinking about the Disney cruise a year from now! It's sure to be a wonderfully magical time!!!!

It is ok Sam ...

WE still LOVE YOu ... some of more than others...

lol

once Again here is the link to the home page and list that Jeff/ Tigfanjeff is keeping ......

this is going to be great..... Peter

http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/

BINGO---

Last year on the RCCL Radiance of the Seas......hold your breath here......the final jackpot was over................

$$$$$$$$$17,000

The guy that won, he didn't want to be there, had never played bingo, complained the whole time he was in the theater, and if I were his DW I would have slapped him. Anyway, that SOB complained even after he won that he hated bingo. (Sorry, I am still bitter, I was only one number away from blackout).

So start saving your bingo dollars, it should be a big one!

Linda

A Big DISNEY WELCOME to all our new posters....Dave, Sam, and Trampslady (hope I didn't miss anyone). Can't wait to get to know everyone better.

It is a beautiful day outside, that's where we are headed. Just wish it was for a Disney ship!!!! Oh well, at least it is getting closer to the Christmas Cruise and then, oh year, the PC!!!!

Can't wait.

I was looking in my PC book last night, our stop in Guatemala does not look very promising in terms of shore excursions. We aren't going to be there long enough. My guess is that was the only port Disney found open to stop or else they might have stopped in Costa Rica instead.

Oh well....new places to explore!

Linda

I'll be down in the lower decks with the rest of the riff-raff. 2558 to be exact. I've got late dining.

Here's a photo my wife and me for the website. It's a fun, self portrait I took on formal night during the 2/28/04 Western.

Sam

mchan1.jpg

Hi Everyone,

We are going on the 5/14/05 cruise! I think I'm still in a state of shock on this one. Our group consists of myself, my DH, and our twin boys (age 9 when we cruise), and my in-laws. We will hopefully all end up on Deck 6. I've secured an actual cabin for my in-laws and put a deposit down. We have GTY status and I will have the deposit in by tomorrow before the close of the business day. We are waiting to hear what DCL is going to do about allowing transfers of onboard booking discounts, but we will book even if they won't allow the discount.

Juli

I hope there is room for two more because my husband and I are going! It has been a VERY exciting couple of weeks... first we closed on our house and were sad that we had to give up our vacation this year (we need too many things for the new house) and then when this cruise was unofficially announced, we were thrilled because we can rent next year's DVC points to pay for it and don't have to worry about coming up with a fortune for food and annual passes! I am SOOOO excited, I can't stand it!

My husband, Allen (34) and myself, Lisa (going to be 30 in 3 weeks, boohoohoo... er, I mean going to have my first anniversary of 29) are going. We don't have kids yet.

How are we going to wait a whole year??? Oh well, the anticipation is half the fun! :bounce: :bounce:

Lisa

ok, I've gotten every picture and info list that I've gotten either through PM or e-mail posted up at http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal

Feel free to take a look and let me know if anything looks wrong. If you want to get added to the list you can e-mail me at jeffc@tiggerfan.net or PM me here.

If you don't see your info or a picture and you've sent it to me, please send it again. Thanks

-Jeff

Originally posted by moocow35
In the 5 Disney cruises I've taken to date, I have never played Bingo. This time I most definately plan to. How much does it cost?

Robin

Robin, I forget exactly but it isn't expensive. If I remember it was $5 for 1 card or $10 for 3. Cards are only good for the one day you are playing, and the jackpot snowballs till the end of the cruise with smaller prizes during the daily sessions.

Okay now that I finished reading this thread, I have a few questions...

First of all, what are everyone's plans for after the cruise? We are probably going to spend 4 nights at Disneyland but I have no clue how to do that! I wonder if the resorts will sell out quickly because of all of the people getting off of the ship!

Also I just wanted to say, Leslie, bring your pins! We used to be very heavily into pin trading but life has gotten so busy that we haven't been able to THINK about it for a while, but we miss it!

Originally posted by Lisa F
Okay now that I finished reading this thread, I have a few questions...

First of all, what are everyone's plans for after the cruise? We are probably going to spend 4 nights at Disneyland but I have no clue how to do that! I wonder if the resorts will sell out quickly because of all of the people getting off of the ship!

Also I just wanted to say, Leslie, bring your pins! We used to be very heavily into pin trading but life has gotten so busy that we haven't been able to THINK about it for a while, but we miss it!

We're planning a disneyland stay, but haven't gotten any more of an idea then that.

It mostly depends on my time off available.

I'll bring my pins as well.

First of all, what are everyone's plans for after the cruise?

Hi Lisa,
We will be heading down to San Diego to see BIL, SIL, and their kids for a few days. We'll wait until another time for a trip to DL. I'm thinking the crowds will be thick since it is a holiday weekend as well as the ship's passengers adding to the numbers.

One of my boys loves pin trading. Just trades for what he likes. Doesn't really know what's rare or not. He'll definitely be bringing his pins.

Juli

Monday morning to all!!! It's great to see so many new cruisers on our thread. And....we should hit post 100 today for sure.

For anyone planning a trip to DL after the cruise, you might want to check into a couple of options if you are trying to save some $$$$$ after the PC cruise. If you just have to stay at a DL Resort, then I suggest you look at a package deal. However, if you want to save some bucks, DL is so different than DW in terms of hotels. If you haven't been to DL, there are tons of hotels/motels right across the street and down the street from Disneyland.

When we just want a room to sleep in, we stay at the Fairfield Inn while is right across the street to DL and we just walk across and into the park. It's cheap, nice, and McDonalds is just a hop, skip and jump away!

When we like to have a pool, room with a view, and breakfast, we stay at the Marriott (generally using Marriott points). they are located on Convention Way. They (along with all the other hotels within a block or two) offer the shuttle service over to the parks every 30 minutes from before opening to after closing. We find that if we call the Marriott in Anaheim ourselves when wanting a package deal we can get a great deal that includes room, great buffet breakfast each morning, etc. etc. at a great price.

We also have stayed at the DL Hotel and the Paradise Pier. The newest hotel Disney's Grand Californian is beautiful. You will, of course, spend the most money for these.

Anyway, since we live in Utah and I grew up in Southern California, DL is where we go at least once (if not more) per year. Wish we were closer to DW. Oh well, at least we can get our Disney fix!!!

If you want anymore info, don't know how helpful I can be, but am willing to answer any questions if you haven't been there.

Linda

We'll be going to DL for a few days after the cruise. Hoping to stay at the Grand Californian but I haven't made any ressies yet.

We're thinking about going to DL, hubby is a CM at WDW so we can get into the parks without trouble. I have family in Anaheim I don't see much as well. I really don't know... :confused:

I really can't complain... I'm going to be on a Disney cruise ship for 14 days... :tongue:

Hmmm family or disney... family or disney... That's tough. How much do you like your family? I'd probably go to Disney and have the family meet me there!

Juli and Jeff, I didn't mean to leave out other potential pin traders! It's been so long since we have been to the parks or traded that I'm not sure I even remember how. I do know that trading on the ship always seems a lot more fun and low key.

Oh, and some info about us (besides names). This will be our fifth disney cruise, basically we have done one of each itinerary! We haven't ever cruised another line because I think it would break my heart to see a disney ship and not be on it! (though would consider another line for itineraries that don't overlap with disney... someday!).

We are DVC members and consider that to be one of the best purchases we have ever made. I am finishing my Master of Architecture degree. After taking 1.5 years off to work and househunt, I will be graduating in december, so maybe the cruise will be a bit of a graduation present too. My husband is a computer programmer who WISHES he could be a part time monorail pilot. He's a monorail NUT (anyone have any interesting recent monorail pins to trade? hehe) and pretty much his favorite thing to do at WDW is ride in the front (but he will always give it up if kids want to ride there, what a sweet guy!)

It's kind of interesting that most people (at least on the dis) seem to have picked late seating. I wonder if for once late seating will have the wait list? Hmm. Oh, and if there is a Palo brunch get together, we would love to go too. We're also hoping for multiple Palo opportunities on a 14 day cruise as we never seem to have enough room to try everything that looks good!

Sorry to babble so much but I haven't had a chance to be excited about getting the booking until now (spent an exhausting extended weekend working on the house while my travel agent booked the cruise for us!).

Lisa

We are DVC members and consider that to be one of the best purchases we have ever made. I am finishing my Master of Architecture degree. After taking 1.5 years off to work and househunt, I will be graduating in december, so maybe the cruise will be a bit of a graduation present too. My husband is a computer programmer who WISHES he could be a part time monorail pilot. He's a monorail NUT (anyone have any interesting recent monorail pins to trade? hehe) and pretty much his favorite thing to do at WDW is ride in the front (but he will always give it up if kids want to ride there, what a sweet guy!)

Lisa

you realize Lisa, that tigfanjeff, my hubby IS a monorail pilot at WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter