You Better Start Believing in Success Stories, You're in One! Nov. W.I.S.H Challenge

I was listening to some of my audiobooks this morning while on the treadmill and will share some thoughts on my thoughts on it

Question – What do I want? In terms of weight loss and fitness, what is it that I want?

I want to feel energetic, I want to feel good about how I look, and feel strong, I want to find it easy to make healthy choices, I want to love my life, and what I do including how I eat and how I exercise. I don’t want to struggle; I want to find it easy. I don’t want to feel overly restricted, I don’t want to be drained, I don’t want to live my life on a diet and gaining and losing weight.

What must I believe in order to be back at finding it hard??? I found it easy few weeks ago. What in my believes is holding me being back there

I must believe that it’s hard, that will always be hard, that I can’t really change and that weight management will always be a struggle.

Is this true??

No, it isn’t. It really isn’t unless I make it hard for myself! It’s something I used to believe but not anymore.

What can I do? I can put the focus on happy healthy living.

For example in the past during the winter I would try to walk outside in the rain and wind and when it’s cold it’s horrible and I keep picking up coughs and colds and it’s dark early and miserable but I will try to persist as I need my steps or activity level even though honestly I hate doing it!

What can do?

I can focus on happy winter. As walking on the treadmill instead and listening to podcast in one of the two gyms I am paying membership for! They are lovely and warm and I can wear my cute clothes and enjoy myself. As finding winter warming recipes to try as more soups. As putting the focus back on happy healthy living. I will always love summer more, but I need to figure out healthy winter living that is also happy.

We often ask the question what must you believe to get where you want but sometimes a good question is what must we believe to keep us not getting where we want. Often our beliefs aren't really true, but we keep telling them again and again and we see no solution to making it easy and making a real difference. As me thinking how hard it is, instead of focusing on how to keep it happy. Of course it will be hard if I keep telling myself it's hard and trying to force myself to do things I don't really enjoy or even hate instead of taking a minute and asking myself how can I make it easy for myself to live healthy and happy?

Last edited:
This has pretty much sucked. I am still feeling sick. I did make it through a full day of work yesterday and I am at work now. I am starting to think I have the flu and it was not from Chipolte. I was feeling crummy last week but it wasn't too bad. I think it just was a coincidence that they happened at the same time. I did eat toast and some soup yesterday and that was it. I am still not real hungry but eating a little bit has seemed to help. I need to be better for tomorrow. We have tickets to see Santa at his work shop. It is an hour long tour with some experiments the kids get to do. It should be a lot of. I am thinking this will be that last year for this kind of stuff. I know my 9 year old still believes in Santa. 2 years ago she made a hat for Santa and gave it to him at a family party. My uncle was Santa and he gave me the hat back so i still have it hidden in my closet. A friend of ours has always been over on Christmas Eve and has written letters to my kids that were from Santa. I had him mail her a letter saying thank you. It was really cool. At the party all the kids said it was Uncle John except my daughter. She was not going to believe it. After she read the letter she told me see I know he was real and the it wasn't Uncle John. I think I got a few more years of her believing from that. My 10 year old doesn't talk about it so I am not sure if he still does or if he is just going along with it all. Either way tomorrow should be a lot of fun.

I was listening to some of my audiobooks this morning while on the treadmill and will share some thoughts on my thoughts on it

Question – What do I want? In terms of weight loss and fitness, what is it that I want?

I want to feel energetic, I want to feel good about how I look, and feel strong, I want to find it easy to make healthy choices, I want to love my life, and what I do including how I eat and how I exercise. I don’t want to struggle; I want to find it easy. I don’t want to feel overly restricted, I don’t want to be drained, I don’t want to live my life on a diet and gaining and losing weight.

What must I believe in order to be back at finding it hard??? I found it easy few weeks ago. What in my believes is holding me being back there

I must believe that it’s hard, that will always be hard, that I can’t really change and that weight management will always be a struggle.

Is this true??

No, it isn’t. It really isn’t unless I make it hard for myself! It’s something I used to believe but not anymore.

What can I do? I can put the focus on happy healthy living.

For example in the past during the winter I would try to walk outside in the rain and wind and when it’s cold it’s horrible and I keep picking up coughs and colds and it’s dark early and miserable but I will try to persist as I need my steps or activity level even though honestly I hate doing it!

What can do?

I can focus on happy winter. As walking on the treadmill instead and listening to podcast in one of the two gyms I am paying membership for! They are lovely and warm and I can wear my cute clothes and enjoy myself. As finding winter warming recipes to try as more soups. As putting the focus back on happy healthy living. I will always love summer more, but I need to figure out healthy winter living that is also happy.

We often ask the question what must you believe to get where you want but sometimes a good question is what must we believe to keep us not getting where we want. Often our beliefs aren't really true, but we keep telling them again and again and we see no solution to making it easy and making a real difference. As me thinking how hard it is, instead of focusing on how to keep it happy. Of course it will be hard if I keep telling myself it's hard and trying to force myself to do things I don't really enjoy or even hate instead of taking a minute and asking myself how can I make it easy for myself to live healthy and happy?

I love ALL of this! These are the questions that we should be asking ourselves, both when things are going well AND when things are swirling downhill rapidly! What book/podcast are you listening to? It sounds very inspiring and thought provoking. And you are right.... believing that you CAN'T do it is as powerful as believing that you CAN!

Hey all! Here I am, working in the office, so I was able to pop over here and chat a bit! We are having our big Veteran's Day assembly so EVERYONE in the entire building is there (except for me). I don't have children in the assembly or a Veteran here, so I am more than happy to volunteer to cover the phones and doors during this special event.

BBL to chat more......P

Jack, Will, and Elizabeth make their way back on board the Black Pearl. They think they are in the clear until the Flying Dutchman surfaces right beside them. The Black Pearl takes off and is able to get away from the Flying Dutchman. Jack thinks they are safe, especially because he has Jones's heart in a jar of dirt. But when they hit the reef and the jar smashes to the deck he realizes just how wrong he was. The heart is gone. And that reef they hit wasn't a reef after all it was the KRAKEN!

kraken.jpg

Will has seen the kraken in action before so he is able to come up with a plan to hurt the kraken and buy them some time to get off the ship. In the meantime Elizabeth sees Jack rowing away on the only rowboat they have left. But don't worry in end he comes back and does the right thing.
As they all abandon ship Elizabeth tricks Jack and shackles him to the Black Pearl. She tells him the kraken is after him and not the ship. She justifies leaving him for dead by saying that once the beast gets what he wants he will leave the others be.​

kraken2.jpg
The kraken gets what he wants and Davy Jones is satisfied or is he? He opens the chest and finds his heart is gone. Where could it be?

Elizabeth is quick to leave Jack behind for the greater good. If we want to have a successful journey we need to leave bad habits behind for our greater good too. What are you going to leave behind as we inch closer to the holiday season?

I had a busy morning, DS6 had his Thanksgiving play at school. DH also made it home! I only get to see him for today since the kids, my mom and I are leaving for VA in the morning. He will join us later in the week. I am not looking forward to the 10 hour drive. But it will be fun to be in the mountains again and get a taste of fall/winter.

for today's question I am leaving behind going for seconds. I think if I can eat a little bit of everything I want and not go back for more I will be doing good.

Thanks @4Mickeys for the birthday post, I thought about it last night and then totally forgot today!

I need to be better for tomorrow. We have tickets to see Santa at his work shop. It is an hour long tour with some experiments the kids get to do. It should be a lot of. I am thinking this will be that last year for this kind of stuff. I know my 9 year old still believes in Santa.
I hope you are feeling better tomorrow, that sounds like a lot of fun. All of my kids still believe too including DS9. He is really into Santa so I hope no one spoils it for him at school.

Happy Friday All! Hope the above isn't too heavy for Friday but I feel great today. So much more positive!
I am glad you feel so good today! and I liked the questions they were nice for some soul searching I try to put off.

Elizabeth is quick to leave Jack behind for the greater good. If we want to have a successful journey we need to leave bad habits behind for our greater good too. What are you going to leave behind as we inch closer to the holiday season?

I'm going to leave behind eating so much that I feel like I'm going to burst! I treat the holidays like they only come around once a lifetime! And most of the time I binge on things that I get every holiday season. So I'm going to save calories and space by going after things that are holiday specific and not eat until I feel like I can't stand up straight (which I have been known to do more than once).

I'm also going to steal piglet1979's answer and say laziness because I want to make sure that I stick to my consistent gym routine for the rest of the year.

Jack, Will, and Elizabeth make their way back on board the Black Pearl. They think they are in the clear until the Flying Dutchman surfaces right beside them. The Black Pearl takes off and is able to get away from the Flying Dutchman. Jack thinks they are safe, especially because he has Jones's heart in a jar of dirt. But when they hit the reef and the jar smashes to the deck he realizes just how wrong he was. The heart is gone. And that reef they hit wasn't a reef after all it was the KRAKEN!

Will has seen the kraken in action before so he is able to come up with a plan to hurt the kraken and buy them some time to get off the ship. In the meantime Elizabeth sees Jack rowing away on the only rowboat they have left. But don't worry in end he comes back and does the right thing.
As they all abandon ship Elizabeth tricks Jack and shackles him to the Black Pearl. She tells him the kraken is after him and not the ship. She justifies leaving him for dead by saying that once the beast gets what he wants he will leave the others be.​

View attachment 206802
The kraken gets what he wants and Davy Jones is satisfied or is he? He opens the chest and finds his heart is gone. Where could it be?

I'm going to leave behind my old ways of thinking and doing things. This morning I signed up for a year long on-line self exploration/growth workshop... it doesn't start until mid-January but there are some books to read and things to journal about before then. I ordered three of the books and will be picking up a nice journal this weekend.

Speaking of the weekend, I'm still not certain what all I will do. I'm behind on my pre-Thanksgiving household chores, so there's lots of cleaning and organizing to do. I'm not going out to the yarn shop but am still thinking of going to the Nordic yuletide fest. I want to get the rest of the holiday lights up outside... Saturday looks like the dryer day. I really wanted to finish my scarf this week, but I've got around half of the last skein to go, so there's going to be plenty of sitting and knitting. Looks like it's going to be a weekend of lots of little things.

I don't think I'm going to be able to post tomorrow so I'm going to go ahead and post the weekend question tonight.

After Jack's demise we are taken into Lord Beckett's office back in Port Royale. There the disgraced commodore Norrington has arrived with pardon letters, he has taken the liberty of filling in his name. But what could he possible have to trade for a king's pardon? It turns out he was the one with Jones's heart!

IMG_4984.JPG

At the same time we see the crew of the Black Pearl at Tia Dalma's place. They are all upset over Jack's death. Will, thinking that Elizabeth was in love with Jack, asks Elizabeth if she would do anything to bring him back. Tia Dalma perks up and asks everyone what would they do to have Jack back. They all agree that they would do whatever it took to get him back. At that moment Captain Barbossa comes walking down the steps ready to take the crew to the end of the world to rescue Jack.

IMG_4985.JPG

Lord Beckett and The crew of the Black Pearl would not be able to accomplish what they want without help from those around them. Our journeys also benefit from the people we surround ourselves with. When it comes to your journey what was the best piece of advice you have been given by the people helping you?

I am not looking forward to the 10 hour drive

Drive safely - have a great time - hope you get the snow you are hoping for :-)

I'm going to leave behind my old ways of thinking and doing things. This morning I signed up for a year long on-line self exploration/growth workshop... it doesn't start until mid-January but there are some books to read and things to journal about before then. I ordered three of the books and will be picking up a nice journal this weekend.

This sounds interesting, how did you find it> ... I know I need to adjust a lot of my thinking about myself and life in general ... let us know what you think of it after you start it.

What are you going to leave behind as we inch closer to the holiday season?

I also want to leave behind laziness and this coming vacation period embrace the fantastic outdoors where I live - I really don't make use of it enough. And I want to leave behind the stresses of the year busy caseload, losing a loved one and my Dad's cancer treatment - I want to be more joyful, relaxed and ENJOY this holiday season.

When it comes to your journey what was the best piece of advice you have been given by the people helping you?

It is impossible to chose one - after almost a year on here with you all there is just so many little pieces big and small along the way that have been tumbling around in my head helping me along the way. I don't even know if what I am going to say is actual things that have been said per se but I feel like along the way the advice I have taken/learned is that balance is important - too strict and it won't last - be mindful but not obsessed with the healthy change (tracking, food planning, activity tracking), its ok and important to fit 'me' time into a busy family/work lifestyle.

Lord Beckett and The crew of the Black Pearl would not be able to accomplish what they want without help from those around them. Our journeys also benefit from the people we surround ourselves with. When it comes to your journey what was the best piece of advice you have been given by the people helping you?

I posted it many times before but the below quote. It really thought me to not worry about what others think is the best way to loose weight but to focus on finding what that healthiest lifestyle I can truly enjoy is.

Dr Yoni

"Best weight” is a non-statistical goal that is easy to set and easy to explain to patients. Patients can diet themselves down to any weight they put their minds to, but to maintain that weight, they need to actually enjoy the lifestyle that got them there.

A patient’s best weight is therefore whatever weight they achieve while living the healthiest lifestyle they can truly enjoy. There comes a point when a person cannot eat less or exercise more and still like their life. The weight they attain while still liking their life is thus their “best” weight, as without the addition of pharmacotherapy or a surgical intervention, no further weight loss will be possible.

We need to remember that in modern society, eating is not simply about survival. We use food for comfort and for celebration and, with the exception of religious prohibitions, there should be no forbidden foods. If your patient cannot use food to comfort or celebrate, or if they consider certain foods “forbidden,” then they are likely on a diet, and unfortunately diets are known to fail over 95% of the time. For sustainable weight management, a patient should be consuming the smallest number of calories that still allows them to enjoy each day. Some days will simply warrant more calories, such as birthdays, anniversaries, religious holidays, and days when injuries, illness or fights with loved ones occur. Simply put, ice-cream and cookies and their cultural and ethnic equivalents are vital parts of a rich life experience.

With exercise, a patient should be encouraged to be as physically active as possible and include as much additional exercise as they can enjoy each day. Some days obviously will allow for more activity than others, but there is a maximum, above which the patient would run out of time or energy, hurt themselves or come to hate exercise. That is when they quit. Eating less and exercising more within the context of a life the patient does not enjoy is the very definition of a diet, which is why diets almost always fail over the long-term. If a patient does not enjoy the way they are living while they are losing weight, they will almost certainly revert to “normal” practices and gain the weight back.

I have to leave behind the "do it tomorrow" attitude! While we aren't attending anything for Thanksgiving, we're going out of town and have a 5k coming up in early December. We're in the middle of training for it so we can't skip any days, though we have missed some sadly. Luckily we can finish the mileage in the amount of time allotted, but I want to do better than the bare minimum!

I've had all sorts of advice thrown at me but I think the best is to just stick with it. If you are constantly starting something else because one thing gets hard then you're never going to finish anything. Right now I'm really good at applying that to how I eat and exercise (in a REALLY bad way) so I need to work on using that power for good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter