What Happens at the Beach Club... Travels with Teens, Take Two, (PTR) 4/6 p. 29

It was approaching 4 pm as I was exiting EPCOT. I texted Rebecca to let her know I was going to the room to change for swimming. She said they had just finished an afternoon rest and were planning on doing the same.

We walked to the pool. I will admit, we didn’t really find any empty chairs as we walked through the main walkways of the pool. I suggested climbing up to the gazebo area above Hurricane Hanna’s because I usually have good luck finding open loungers there. We got there and did find an empty chair to stash our stuff.

From above, I can see a couple of empty loungers

In the center of the picture, right behind the stairs, but it looks like those seats are about to be taken

Empty chairs in the far right of this picture

Once we were in the water, we saw these empty chairs, the same ones that Ninja Mom and I used for our stuff when we were at SAB earlier.

So the rest of this update is just going to be pictures of Stormalong Bay, from both my 10 am visit earlier that day with ~NM and from the hour I spent in the lazy river and around the pool with Rebecca and Carol. It was refreshing, and we had fun floating and chatting.

Monday August 18, 2014
10 am to 11 am:

Monday August 18, 2014
4 pm to 5 pm:

Poolside Activities
Frozen sing along

“Let it Goooooo”

“The cold never bothered me anyway”

When we were out of the pool and near Hurricane Hanna’s, I showed Rebecca something I had seen on Lisa’s (Mickeytoontown) trip report.

Bird Poop Hidden Mickey!!!

A CM saw us looking and told us there was another one:

My swimming mates returned to the room to shower and get ready for our exciting and long-anticipated evening. I stayed a little longer.

Click here for next update: EPIC DISMeet
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52545177&postcount=368

Great photos of Stormalong Bay! I can't wait to hear about the meet!

Bird poop hm love it!! My girls are so good noticing those but that is a first!! Next time you do have to do the behind the seeds tour. Promise you will have time to swim after Dee.... Yay epic meet is next!!!

Dee, I really enjoyed the pictures that you took at Stormalong Bay. Makes me long for a stay at either the Yacht or Beach Club. Hey, you found the bird poop Mickey!

Two Hidden Mickey Bird Poops? Who would have thunk it? :rotfl2:

Great pics of Stormalong Bay. The weather looks as if there were a few dark clouds coming in? Did it rain or just keep it a little less hot?

An Epic DIS meet? This I can't wait to hear all about.

Great pictures of and around Stormalong Bay Dee. And as an added bonus, you got one with the iconic sky-writing as well.

Oh... and bird poop Mickeys!!

Good day! :goodvibes

Ahhh. Nice pictures. We surely did cool off. It was a really relaxing time hanging out at the lazy river floating and chatting.

Rebecca

Great photos of Stormalong Bay! I can't wait to hear about the meet!

Thank you!

The good news- the meet was the best part of the trip

The bad news- we don't have many pictures. Uncharacteristically, I only took a couple. I am hoping someone else took a few that I can share.

:)

Bird poop hm love it!! My girls are so good noticing those but that is a first!! Next time you do have to do the behind the seeds tour. Promise you will have time to swim after Dee.... Yay epic meet is next!!!

The poles with the HM are near Hurricane Hanna's. Brilliant!

I was sorry to miss the Behind the Seeds since it was a great opportunity for me to do this, but...

Swim with friends or walk around in a giant greenhouse?

I made the right choice.

:goodvibes

Dee, I really enjoyed the pictures that you took at Stormalong Bay. Makes me long for a stay at either the Yacht or Beach Club. Hey, you found the bird poop Mickey!

I hope you stay someday, but then again, you love CBR so much, why mess with that?

I would not have even thought to look for the HM if it hadn't been for your report. So thanks!

:thumbsup2

Two Hidden Mickey Bird Poops? Who would have thunk it? :rotfl2:

Great pics of Stormalong Bay. The weather looks as if there were a few dark clouds coming in? Did it rain or just keep it a little less hot?

An Epic DIS meet? This I can't wait to hear all about.

The bird poop Hidden Mickeys are so clever! I think they are my second favorite. The one I like best is at one of the gift shops in Dinoland made out of extension cords. A CM pointed it out to me (when I was blubbering after a teen reduced me to tears on Nate's class trip. But that is another story)

I was so lucky with rain (or lack of it) during this trip! My first August trip, the boys' first one, featured those 3 pm thundershowers you know so well. Our second August trip was during Tropical Storm Faye. My sneakers are STILL wet from that one! So when it rained while I was on the Magical Express, I figured I was in for another wet trip. But that was the only rain I saw in the 2 days I was there.

It was HOT though!

Coming up is the meet that was the whole purpose of this trip!

:grouphug:

Such nice pictures of SAB. Would be so nice to be there now.

ITA!!!

:thumbsup2

Great pictures of and around Stormalong Bay Dee. And as an added bonus, you got one with the iconic sky-writing as well.

Oh... and bird poop Mickeys!!

Good day! :goodvibes

Thank you!

I think I have only seen the sky writing a couple of times on my trips. How much money do you have to be able to do that on a daily basis?

Aren't the HM cool? What is your favorite HM?

Ahhh. Nice pictures. We surely did cool off. It was a really relaxing time hanging out at the lazy river floating and chatting.

Rebecca

I realize that I didn't really comment in the update that it WAS really nice to just hang out and relax. I don't do much of that when I am on a typical trip to Disney with my family.

I spent more time in SAB on that 2 day trip than I have on any previous trip to the Beach Club!

:cloud9:

Aren't the HM cool? What is your favorite HM?

I have 2 favourite hidden Mickeys. One is the Hickey head island with all the flamingos on the safari.

But my absolute number 1 is and probably always will be is this room number sign at POP...

09.jpg

Though admittedly it is more of a cerebral Hidden Mickey. ;)

I have 2 favourite hidden Mickeys. One is the Hickey head island with all the flamingos on the safari.

But my absolute number 1 is and probably always will be is this room number sign at POP...

09.jpg

Though admittedly it is more of a cerebral Hidden Mickey. ;)

I didn't see it at first, but then it clicked!

;)

I didn't see it at first, but then it clicked!

;)

;)

I'm behind in commenting, but have been keeping up reading everyone's posts. I'm so sorry about Schooner. The summer before I started law school, I worked in a barn with horses, most of them retired show horses for the crazy but sweet wealthy woman who owned the barn. One of the horses was a complete doll named Nicky. He was around twelve or so at the time. A huge Irish draft who had a fair number of health problems. I haven't seen him in about 15 years. Because I've never been to the barn when he wasn't there, I tell myself he's still around. It would break my heart to see someone else in his stall.

The pictures of the pool party remind me that we missed it this time. My kids love them, I'm surprised they never asked to go. Maybe because they're sort of tucked out of sight and we didn't see them? I might have spied it once, but I can't remember. At Kidani, the pool area is so relatively small, you can't miss the party.

;)

I'm behind in commenting, but have been keeping up reading everyone's posts. I'm so sorry about Schooner. The summer before I started law school, I worked in a barn with horses, most of them retired show horses for the crazy but sweet wealthy woman who owned the barn. One of the horses was a complete doll named Nicky. He was around twelve or so at the time. A huge Irish draft who had a fair number of health problems. I haven't seen him in about 15 years. Because I've never been to the barn when he wasn't there, I tell myself he's still around. It would break my heart to see someone else in his stall.

The pictures of the pool party remind me that we missed it this time. My kids love them, I'm surprised they never asked to go. Maybe because they're sort of tucked out of sight and we didn't see them? I might have spied it once, but I can't remember. At Kidani, the pool area is so relatively small, you can't miss the party.

Thanks for continuing to follow along, in between your searches for a van/bus for our epic road trip!

I appreciate your kind words of sympathy about Schooner and thank you for sharing your story about Nicky. I am hoping to be able to share news of a new addition to the farm soon. My manager has been scanning the website of the MSPCA site where we get our rescue animals (sort of like a dating service for farms and domestic animals). She saw a horse that would be a perfect fit for us, and when she called, the woman she spoke to said she had already contacted the manager of our site to see if we wanted her. :goodvibes

SAB is so large, and somewhat disjointed, so if you are over in the kiddie sandbar area or the lazy river/main pool, it is really easy to miss the stuff going on at the activities pool. My boys are never into that, even when I can get them to the pool.

:rolleyes1

Wish I was floating around SAB now instead of taking a break from cleaning kitchen cupboards!!!! Ever wonder why you started something?? Place looked relatively tidy until I had some sort of mad impulse to clean the bottom, rarely used stuff, shelf and well now lets just say I hope no-one calls for the rest of the day :eek::eek:

Wish I was floating around SAB now instead of taking a break from cleaning kitchen cupboards!!!! Ever wonder why you started something?? Place looked relatively tidy until I had some sort of mad impulse to clean the bottom, rarely used stuff, shelf and well now lets just say I hope no-one calls for the rest of the day :eek::eek:

Me too!

How did the kitchen cupboards come out?

Tasks go much better if you are blasting late 70's/early 80's music while working.

Just sayin'

:music:

Me too!

How did the kitchen cupboards come out?

Tasks go much better if you are blasting late 70's/early 80's music while working.

Just sayin'

:music:

Cupboards are sparkly clean and I got to look at my collection of refillable mugs from various years that I can't bear to part with :thumbsup2 We are now sorted and organised by colour and size (much like your lego from years back):cheer2: Feel free to call anytime as I'm open for visitors again-finally!!!!!!!!!
Oh and definitely missed my music blasting-VH1 just didn't cut it today :( Need to get myself an ipod.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!