What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Last night was salmon, sautéed veggies for me and noodles for DH. Leftovers for lunch for me today (and probably tomorrow) because the kids didn’t eat and I made too much.

Tacos tonight. Ground beef. Youngest DD doesn’t believe tacos made with anything else should be called tacos. She is going through her first breakup and is struggling so I am catering to her a little bit. It’s the little things.

Tacos tonight. Ground beef. Youngest DD doesn’t believe tacos made with anything else should be called tacos. She is going through her first breakup and is struggling so I am catering to her a little bit. It’s the little things.
How lovely of you.

I bet they're not little things to her, right now, too. They're the things that will help her build herself back up and feel good about life again.

Enjoy the tacos! 😋

Finally, it’s the Thai pork salad. Took longer than normal to defrost and marinate the tenderloin.
Should be a nice meal though especially since I ll be using up most of my basil, cilantro and mint as greens mixed with thin sliced cabbage and peppers.

ETA: decided it needed some mango chunks after I tasted it.

Last edited:
I had some tortellini with butter sauce. DH had breakfast for dinner (waffles, hash brown and sausage). We desperately need to go to the grocery store so we are cobbling things together. No point in grocery shopping since we are heading to the shore directly from work tomorrow. When we get back on Sunday afternoon I'll make a grocery run. There's certainly enough floating around that 2 adults won't starve, but we are definitely eating down the freezer and the pantry (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Tonight (Friday) will be leftover chicken marsala from earlier in the week. There are mashed potatoes and spaetzle also left over so everyone can choose their carb. I'll serve it with a can of peas or frozen green beans.

It's been a "high off the hog" week here, thanks to Memorial Day BBQ sales at the grocery store. Tuesday was steamed lobster (7.99 a pound), Wednesday was bone-in strip steaks (6.99 a pound), and last night I made lobster rolls from the leftover lobster (Leftover lobster? Whoever heard of such a thing? I bought extras...). SO.. tonight will be leftovers. Not sure what the weekend holds, but we are spending Sat and Sun nights on Islesboro, at our friends' home, and I'm bringing little lamb chops for one night's dinner.

I have no idea. My fridge died last weekend and when the new one was delivered yesterday they said they couldn’t install it until a plumber put in a valve on the line to the ice maker. Hoping the plumber comes as scheduled and I can get it up and running for the weekend. . .

ETA - the plumber was a no call, no show :sad1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter