Viggle App: Get rewards for watching television!

Another thought I have is maybe they will only increase point value of the popular gift cards. Like Target (and maybe Amazon.) And then maybe the other rewards will stay the same. We'll have to wait and see....popcorn::

But I also thought the same thing you did, IBelieveInTheMagic: Since we can only accumulate up to $550 per calendar year, that it's ok if Viggle hikes the price point of gift cards. Especially with the Play Along Events, there's no reason why an average user of Viggle couldn't hit the $550 per calendar year.

Even so, I'm still disappointed...been a Viggle member from the beginning so much has changed and it's been frustrating to go through it. But from a business aspect I understand. And I'll continue to Viggle! :thumbsup2

diznee25

I am only a week in but even with the special events I only have about 12,000 points. A little disappointed about the Target GCs but I will keep working for them. My Viggle GCs are going towards my food and wine festival tastings. I am really hoping to pull of $75 by the end of October.

I have to get DH involved with this as well to see what we can do.

Autumn

I cashed out today on B&N - I have $15 online and 25 printed out, I also have a $15 target. I don't like the higher points necessary but they have to make money somehow, I guess. I don't know how people get up to the kindle point level so quickly.

On Viggle's FB page, a member said they e-mailed Viggle about the price difference between a Target and Best Buy Gift card. (Both are $25 cards, but the Target costs 50,000 points and BB is 37,500.) Here is Viggle's response:

"Viggle is a new app and we have only been launched for a month. Our intention has always been to offer different rewards at different point values. We have also been experimenting with different price points. We have never defined a dollar value for points. Perhaps when we have more experience, we will do so, but this is not defined at this time."

To me this sounds like they are testing people's spending thresh hold. Are people willing to fork out a high amount of points for a $25 GC? Or will people stop buying Target GCs because they are to expensive?

That's my take on it. Maybe it can be viewed a different way. But my advice would be to not buy the Target GCs! Everyone should hold out and force Viggle to lower the price point. They did say they were experimenting after all. Let's make this experiment fail!! :rotfl2: I just have to laugh, this may come across more serious then I wanted....I'm half serious! ;)

diznee25

I have to say, I have been on the brink of cashing out for other stuff. But there is just nothing I need! So I am sitting here with about 30,000 on 3 of my families accounts. I think we will try to save up for the Target. Hopefully it won't go away before we can get there. It took a full week, including playing bonus stuff to get to where we are so I imagine it will be another 3 or 4 days before we hit 50,000. I will keep saving for Target because that is the best use for us.

I bought a $25 gift card on Bestbuy.com and paid with the e gift card. They ship it free through the mail, and it looks like it went through. Slickdeals says some people are having trouble doing this last night, and also mentions buying an Amazon gift card through Bestbuy.com. I guess it's a your mileage may vary type of thing.

Yep! That's what I did too after I read that on SlickDeals - ordered the "real" gift card with my egift card online to have it shipped to me. SD is a hot mess, I tell ya and I can't stay in there long because it's a different feeling over there :)

I just rechecked and I still show the 14000 iTunes gift card in my rewards? Perhaps they restocked overnight if any one was looking? I logged out and back in to double check. I think once I get to 14000, I might cash out for one of these and then see where that takes me. While I don't use too many credits on iTunes, I can share with my DS and the point value is still a good one. I'm at 49,000 on it's going to hurt to see all those go for a $25 Target card but that's what I'm aiming for still.

Heather

Yeah, I read they added more iTunes last night, but I don't need any. My new strategy is to redeem at 7500 increments for B&N & Starbucks (while they are still available at that price point) and add them to my accounts. My DH buys books for his Nook and Nook app, so that's good, and I like Starbucks. Giving up on Target for now...

I joined on 2/14 and have gotten:
$30 Target
$25 Best Buy
$10 Starbucks
$5 B&N

So, $70... Not too shabby. Anyone know how many B&N e gift cards you can add to an account? I think I read 3 somewhere, but I don't remember where I saw that.

Yep, I saw that too...Itunes gift card holds steady at 14,000. Which means that Viggle was honest in their response about the Target GC, that they are experimenting at a higher price point. If they notice that members are willing to redeem Target GCs at 50,000 points, then unfortunately Target GC will always be priced higher. :sad2:

I predict they will do the same for Amazon GC as well.

I definitely understand that most of the rewards out there really aren't that great. But I think Viggle notices that too. They see which rewards are sitting around not being redeemed. And then they see the popular rewards flying off the shelf.

It's all about supply and demand.

diznee25

QVCshopper, yep you can have 3 BN cards at one time on your account. BN cards are one of my favorites as well.

diznee25

Just an FYI

I used 5 of the printed out B&N $5 cards today in one transaction. The cashier had to type in the number each time but it worked.

I have 3 stored in the online thing but I have a B&N really close to printing them out is probably a better option for me.

So I decided not to wait to get the Target GC and got a few CVS GCs. It is something I will use every week because I do most of my couponing at CVS. I am going to take the advice of another user and just put the money I save into an account for Disney.

Very excited for CVS hope they don't increase the point value.

Autumn

When you redeem points for the gift cards, is there a expiration date on them?

Does anyone know if you can use the CVS eGift Card to buy a Disney gift card?

I have enough to get several of the CVS eGift Cards and would want to combine them and buy a Disney gift card.

When you redeem points for the gift cards, is there a expiration date on them?

I would think each company could be different, so you may want to check out the company's policy for the gift card you want.

I know for Target GCs those never expire, but the other companies I'm not to sure about.

diznee25

DH started doing this app on the 20th and he's already redeemed for $30 in Chili's GCs and $35 in BK GCs. I'm impressed. :thumbsup2

We'll use them on our spring trip. $35 will be plenty for the 6 of us to get 2 meals so lunch and dinner on the way down and if the BK comes back or some other fast food, then he can get another $35 for the trip back home. I already have some Chili's GCs so combined together that should be enough for 1 meal for the 6 of us.

Just an FYI

I used 5 of the printed out B&N $5 cards today in one transaction. The cashier had to type in the number each time but it worked.

I have 3 stored in the online thing but I have a B&N really close to printing them out is probably a better option for me.

Good to know that B&N e-cards can be printed out and used in local stores. I didn't know you could combine them in one transaction, awesome! :thumbsup2

There's a new cover that I want for my Nook Color, so I'm saving up Viggle points for B&N gift cards. :goodvibes

diznee25

I was just thumbing through the rewards catalog and notice that BestBuy and Target cards are gone. Guess people didn't have any problems with the spike in Target cards, they are still flying off the shelf faster than other rewards! :rotfl2:

Now we'll have to see if/when the Target cards are restocked if they'll lower the price point or not. My guess is they'll stay at 50,000. Or Viggle will get a lower denomination (like $15) but price it over 30,000 (ish). Just a guess....

diznee25

Still wondering if anyones if you can use the CVS GC to buy Disney ones???? This would be a good deal if you can

Still wondering if anyones if you can use the CVS GC to buy Disney ones???? This would be a good deal if you can

From what I've noticed, it's hit or miss on CVS even selling Disney gift cards. The CVS near me doesn't sell Disney gift cards. :sad1:

CVS policy regarding their e-gift cards says you can't use an e-gift card to purchase an e-gift card. But no mention of physical gift cards...

Absolutely no help to you, I know! :rolleyes: Hopefully this will get the conversation rolling and someone who knows will post! :thumbsup2

diznee25

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter