Victoria and albert

No, I am not an employee so again no. I am sick to death of silly unnecessary dress codes. Why does it matter matter if I am in shorts or in a coat? Even the Fat Duck does not have these silly dress code. And did I mention I am Florida when I go to V&As. I should be in how ever and what ever I feel comfortable. I work in fine dining. And never understand why someone would have one? What is the rational?
Seriously, if you don't like it don't go there. But your whining on here only makes me think your probably the exact reason they have one... I don't want to spend $300 to sit next to someone in Mickey Mouse Hat and board shorts . Sometimes you have to be a grown up. We have dress codes at work and schools too!

No, I am not an employee so again no. I am sick to death of silly unnecessary dress codes. Why does it matter matter if I am in shorts or in a coat? Even the Fat Duck does not have these silly dress code. And did I mention I am Florida when I go to V&As. I should be in how ever and what ever I feel comfortable. I work in fine dining. And never understand why someone would have one? What is the rational?
Creating a particular atmosphere? If one doesn't like it, there are plenty of other options.

V&A is not selling $300 worth of food and wine - it's selling a dining experience. They serve the 10-course dinner with wine pairings using fine china, silverware and crystal stemware instead of paper plates, plastic utensils and styrofoam cups. Your dinner is served in a room decorated like an elegant mansion instead of a 1960's McDonald's, despite the fact that the food would taste the same either way. When you are in the room, you are visible to those around you and, like it or not, part of the ambiance. Hence the dress code.

How you view dress codes is a matter of perspective. If you see them as forcing you to serve as table decoration for people you don't know or care about unless they're paying for your dinner, then certainly dress codes are annoying. But there are a whole lot of people out there who view dressing nicely in an upscale restaurant as nothing more than simple good manners - a show of respect for the shared dining experience and their fellow diners. Sometimes it truly is about other people.

If it's true that you will never understand why you can't wear shorts at V&A, then the answer is simple. Boycott the place until they see things your way. That leaves you with what, every other restaurant at WDW?

Thanks, yes 10 courses was available in the main dinning room in 2015 when we ate there before, but 7 courses worked out fine, so I was thinking of opting for that again.

Thanks for verifying, we're still a couple of months from our 180 days opening, but I was just figuring out the budget and thought I'd check, last time the main dinning room had gone from $150 to $185 during my planning phase, hope it doesn't go up this time too.
I don't think you have to book V&A 180 days out. I think you can call anytime to book. But I could be wrong. They are very helpful. You should call them.

Some restaurants have a "suggested" dress code that they do not enforce. They do this because they want to sell people a certain atmosphere, i.e. pretend they are a better restaurant than they really are. The reason they don't enforce it is because they know not everyone is going to fall for it. Most Disney "Signatures" fall into this category.

V&A actually is fine dining. I will be the first person to laugh at the idea that those afore-mentioned "Signatures" require anything even resembling formal attire, but if I'm going to V&A, their management has asked me to dress a certain way in accordance with the experience I am going to have & treat it like a special occasion. I too have eaten at fine dining venues that did not have a dress code & had very good food there. The atmosphere was much different - more casual - and that's okay. V&A is not casual. That's okay too. It does mean, however, that you either suck it up & put on a jacket for a few hours, or you do not go. Arguing about it serves no purpose. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter