Victoria and albert

I'm a big fan of a well tailored suit, no tie, but pocket square for men, and cocktail dresses, but not long gowns for women. Being over dressed is a faux paus too. All of that to say, again, that I think its awesome to have a reason to dress up at WDW!

Why no long gowns? There are different levels of gowns that may be appropriate in a cocktail type attire. I have a few Tommy Bahama dresses that I would never consider formal but are fine for semi-formal which is about where Victoria and Alberts is on the etiquette rules.

Why no long gowns? There are different levels of gowns that may be appropriate in a cocktail type attire. I have a few Tommy Bahama dresses that I would never consider formal but are fine for semi-formal which is about where Victoria and Alberts is on the etiquette rules.

Oh, I don't mean that literally - I mean the "long, formal, "we're going to a charity gala" type of thing. There are tons of amazing maxi dresses that would be PERFECT for V&A! TB and LP makes some super ones too!

Oh, I don't mean that literally - I mean the "long, formal, "we're going to a charity gala" type of thing. There are tons of amazing maxi dresses that would be PERFECT for V&A! TB and LP makes some super ones too!

Oh yes a bedazzled charity gala/ball gown definitely is way too over the top haha. I have seen a few of those headed into V&A though and always wonder why they chose to pack that one.

Oh yes a bedazzled charity gala/ball gown definitely is way too over the top haha. I have seen a few of those headed into V&A though and always wonder why they chose to pack that one.

Right? Did they buy that special? I can't fathom buying clothes for a single meal.

To your point, I always wonder what other clothing might catch and be ruined by close proximity to those type of dresses.

Right? Did they buy that special? I can't fathom buying clothes for a single meal.

To your point, I always wonder what other clothing might catch and be ruined by close proximity to those type of dresses.
Eh, you never know. I actually have multiple cocktail dresses from my time doing charity galas. When you're organizing/promoting, you still have to dress for the event. I actually have a floor-length dress that machine washes and that I can climb ladders in. Professional need!

Reactions: Kae
Eh, you never know. I actually have multiple cocktail dresses from my time doing charity galas. When you're organizing/promoting, you still have to dress for the event. I actually have a floor-length dress that machine washes and that I can climb ladders in. Professional need!

I have a closet just for this type of crap (professional hazard), but its not something I'd take to WDW.

Seriously jealous of machine wash formal clothes. My mom has a beautiful jersey knit number that I wish they'd made in my size!

I have a closet just for this type of crap (professional hazard), but its not something I'd take to WDW.

Seriously jealous of machine wash formal clothes. My mom has a beautiful jersey knit number that I wish they'd made in my size!
The trick was that it was actually a really lush stretch velour, but low on adornment. Had to glam up with accessories, but given my role, being somewhat understated was also a professional virtue. Blingy bracelet, blingy earrings, all was good... and they didn't matter in the wash.

It's all about avoiding satins, embroidery or heavy adornment.

The trick was that it was actually a really lush stretch velour, but low on adornment. Had to glam up with accessories, but given my role, being somewhat understated was also a professional virtue. Blingy bracelet, blingy earrings, all was good... and they didn't matter in the wash.

It's all about avoiding satins, embroidery or heavy adornment.

I naturally don't tend toward to bedazzled, I literally have never bought an adored dress, but the fabric thing - you're dead on. Silk and taffeta is rampant.

But, those kind of dresses? Aren't something I'd wear at V&A - its still a resort setting.

I naturally don't tend toward to bedazzled, I literally have never bought an adored dress, but the fabric thing - you're dead on. Silk and taffeta is rampant.

But, those kind of dresses? Aren't something I'd wear at V&A - its still a resort setting.
Eh, if it makes those people happy? I have no real issue. It does no harm to me, and if they feel that the price tag at V&A merits ultra-swanky, I have no standing to contest that, or reason, and hope they have a fabulous time feeling fabulous.

Of course, I did a bar crawl after my wedding. In my dress. So maybe I am a bad example.

Victoria and Albert's is MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT ANY WHERE! my husband and I have been several times. Once we ate at the front of the restaurant and the rest of the times we at at the Chef's table....always dress up a bit! the decor in the restaurant is very relaxing, with a touch of dark lighting and wood fixtures. Very old style...perfect place to put on your best outfits and go in style! it's nice to dress up like a grown up once in a while at Disney world and this is the perfect place...ENJOY!

Victoria and Albert's is MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT ANY WHERE! my husband and I have been several times. Once we ate at the front of the restaurant and the rest of the times we at at the Chef's table....always dress up a bit! the decor in the restaurant is very relaxing, with a touch of dark lighting and wood fixtures. Very old style...perfect place to put on your best outfits and go in style! it's nice to dress up like a grown up once in a while at Disney world and this is the perfect place...ENJOY!
What is the secret to snagging the Chef's Table? I've never been able to get it.

Bumping this thread
- can anyone confirm that the main dinning room is still $185 + tax and tip for 7 courses?
Victoria's @ $235 for 10 courses?
Chef's table $285?
Thx.

Bumping this thread
- can anyone confirm that the main dinning room is still $185 + tax and tip for 7 courses?
Chef's table $285?
Thx.
I'm not sure about the prices, but you can now order the 10 course meal in the main dining room, in addition to the 7-course meal.

Bumping this thread
Chef's table $285?
Thx.
That's what it was in September. You can always call to confirm with them if it's changed since then.

I'm not sure about the prices, but you can now order the 10 course meal in the main dining room, in addition to the 7-course meal.
Thanks, yes 10 courses was available in the main dinning room in 2015 when we ate there before, but 7 courses worked out fine, so I was thinking of opting for that again.

That's what it was in September. You can always call to confirm with them if it's changed since then.
Thanks for verifying, we're still a couple of months from our 180 days opening, but I was just figuring out the budget and thought I'd check, last time the main dinning room had gone from $150 to $185 during my planning phase, hope it doesn't go up this time too.

Thanks, yes 10 courses was available in the main dinning room in 2015 when we ate there before, but 7 courses worked out fine, so I was thinking of opting for that again.

Thanks for verifying, we're still a couple of months from our 180 days opening, but I was just figuring out the budget and thought I'd check, last time the main dinning room had gone from $150 to $185 during my planning phase, hope it doesn't go up this time too.
You can call the V&A reservation line and they will tell you.

Am I the only that does not understand why we have dress codes. I can sort of understand no swimsuit. But really shouldn't I who is paying 300 dollars decide what I want to wear. And I work in the industry just have to rant.
And shouldn't the restaurant be allowed to decide how they want their patrons to be dressed?

And shouldn't the restaurant be allowed to decide how they want their patrons to be dressed?
No, I am not an employee so again no. I am sick to death of silly unnecessary dress codes. Why does it matter matter if I am in shorts or in a coat? Even the Fat Duck does not have these silly dress code. And did I mention I am Florida when I go to V&As. I should be in how ever and what ever I feel comfortable. I work in fine dining. And never understand why someone would have one? What is the rational?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter