Victoria and albert

Dumbo7

Mouseketeer
Can anyone speak to the dress code at Victoria and Albert. How dressy is dressy.

"Men must wear dinner jackets with dress pants or slacks and shoes. Ties are optional. Women may wear a cocktail dress, nice dress, dressy pant suit or a skirt with a blouse."

As disbuck above illustrated, the dress code is pretty straight forward. Got any specifics you'd like to have some insight to?

I went with Khaki pants, a long sleeve button down shirt, and a blue blazer, and it was fine. Sort of business casual with a sports coat.

We've been twice. I've worn a cocktail dress both times; my DH has worn dress pants, a button down, and a jacket both times. My DH accidentally forgot his dress shoes once, and they let him in with black sneakers, which was nice of them!

Am I the only that does not understand why we have dress codes. I can sort of understand no swimsuit. But really shouldn't I who is paying 300 dollars decide what I want to wear. And I work in the industry just have to rant.

Am I the only that does not understand why we have dress codes. I can sort of understand no swimsuit. But really shouldn't I who is paying 300 dollars decide what I want to wear. And I work in the industry just have to rant.

There are other high end, expensive restaurants that do not have a dress code. Those are always an option. I think V&A is trying to evoke a certain ambiance. I think the chef's table has a slightly more casual dress code.

My husband got told off for not putting his jacket back on when he went to the bathroom! Lol

I don't agree with you.
But if you don't agree with dress codes there are over 100 other restaurants you can go to

I agree but hate dress codes in general.
I generally agree. One of the things we like about WDW is being able to dress casually at some pretty decent restaurants.

To be honest, I think that over time fewer and fewer even "fancier" restaurants have strict dress codes. You can go to Nobu in Manhattan and have incredible food with a "smart casual" dress code. Same with many nice restaurants in DC these days.

There are exceptions... like Inn at Little Washington and V&A -- I do think they're going for a particular atmosphere and I respect that. To be honest, I don't want to get all dressed up like this often... for V&A once a year I'll make that exception. :)

What aurora said above plus, plus!

I think that if everyone who went to V&A dressed the kind of smart casual you see in Nobu Manhattan or London they probably wouldn't need a dress code.

I got really cute funky pencil skirt at nic and Zoe. So hopefully that's appropriate.

People really dress up to go here! I wore a cocktail dress and got my hair done in an updo and hubby wore suit and tie. I was so glad we made the effort to dress so spiffy if not we would have felt out of place it is a really nice dinner experience. One of the best nights we had. Enjoy!

I wore a cocktail dress and DH wore a suit. It was our anniversary dinner and we wanted the dress-up experience. The other diners were dressed similarly with some ladies in long gowns.

We enjoyed the entire experience!

Also... if you google "Victoria & Albert's" and check out images, you will see some examples... :)

I'm a big fan of a well tailored suit, no tie, but pocket square for men, and cocktail dresses, but not long gowns for women. Being over dressed is a faux paus too. All of that to say, again, that I think its awesome to have a reason to dress up at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter