Very tall 2 year old at Disney

She is only free at restaurants if she eats off your plate so you were correct in paying for her.

Just to clarify, the child does not have to literally "eat off your plate". At buffets they can get their own plates of food and eat free. Also, many places will bring out something small (a bowl of pasta, etc) at no charge. My sister intended to share all her meals with my niece, but most CMs offered to bring DN something on her own plate.

I would assume if you order a child's meal from the menu that you should/would have to pay for that meal.

I know how you feel. My 4 year old could easily pass for a 6 year old. :scared1:

When we visited in October she was still 3 (11/24 birthday), I would insert her ticket, not put my finger on the scanner and get a look, a pause, and an "Oh, this is HER ticket" from the cast members at the entrance. So, I'd say you won't have any problem, especially if he's in a stroller.

(On another note, my cousin didn't buy a ticket for her daughter, who's also 4, because she's short. I don't agree with this. As another poster said, they trust you to be honest with your childs age.)

Both of my kids are tall and have always been in the 100% for height but we never ran into any sort of problem with the CMs. I might have gotten looks from other guests when I was taking my rather tall 2 yr old in to change his diaper but never had an issue with the CMs.

Others on here have mentioned being charged for food but that is easily corrected by telling the CM that your child is under the age of three or inquiring about getting juice or milk for your under three child.

To the poster that said their nephew is 6'7", that scares me. I am 5'10 and my DH is 6'2" and my fourth grade nine year old is already 4'9. I really don't want to have to grab his shirt collar to scold him when he is only in middle school.

To the poster that said their nephew is 6'7", that scares me. I am 5'10 and my DH is 6'2" and my fourth grade nine year old is already 4'9. I really don't want to have to grab his shirt collar to scold him when he is only in middle school.

That was me. And I wasn't exaggerating LOL

At least he's good at basketball;)

His 13 yr old sister is now about 5'7". Gotta feel for her. If she doesn't stop soon, things are going to get awkward.

Just wanted to let you know that we were never questioned at the gate (DD is very tall) but we WERE charged COUNTLESS times at the restaurants (even though we noted on the ADRs that she was 2). So plan ahead that you may have to send back the bill (it wasn't an issue just a pain to have to have our account credited every meal :rolleyes:)

Whereas I had the opposite happen....My (vertically-challenged, LOL) son and I went to the Playhouse Disney meal (breakfast) when he was 3.5....and I didn't realize until the end of the day (when we were back in our room and I was going through receipts) that I hadn't been charged for him. I really felt guilty about that one....especially considering how much food he ate!

I have the opposite with my kids. My dd will be 10 in March and is only 48" and weighs 41 lbs (smallest one in all of 4th grade). My younger dd will be 4 in early March and is only 36". We are leaving in 10 days and I'm glad my that my almost 4 year old is not a big fan of rides b/c I'd feel really bad knowing that there are quite a few she can't go on.

I have very small kids, I think ods might be close to the pp 8 year old when he gets there. He is just pushing 41" and 32 lbs and is 5 and my yds is just over 2.5 and he is 23 lbs and 36". Ill take birth cert. but I dont imagine they will question my yds.

My dd is tall too! She's 5 and is over 46 inches.
We took dd when she was 23 months. We never got asked about her age at the gate. The only time we had any issue was the night of MVMCP. They were still using arm bands and we got asked for her ticket 3 times (we were walking around MK letting dd look around out of her stroller). The last guy saw our arm bands and said that dd looked so tall he gave her an arm band so we wouldn't get asked again. She was so proud of that 'bracelet'!
On her 2nd trip at age 3 she rode TT with me and her dad. We were baby swapping with DS (who's a shorty) and dd was playing with a little boy. The mom asked how old dd was and when I said 3 she was shocked. Her ds was nearly 7 and dd was taller.
Last Oct dd rode ToT twice. The 2nd time she got scared but the first time she enjoyed it.

I think you'll be fine. I never took her birth cert.
This year we have to pay for both kiddos :(
Oh Well it's worth it!!:goodvibes

All of my kids are very tall for their age. People have always assumed they are older than they are because of it. Will they give me a hard time about my 2 year old at Disney?? She is currently 39 inches.....and could probably pass as a 4 year old.

Don't worry too much about it but, if it makes you feel better just bring a photo copy (don't chance losing the original) of his birth certificate.
I used to bring a copy of DD14's birth certifiacte because I was worried about the same thing when she was younger, but no one evr asked me for it and never looked like they doubted my claim that she was under 3.
I just checked her baby book so that I could give you accurate info. She was 38 1/2 inches at her 2 year check up (she was exactly 2 years and 4 days old). She was tall enough to ride many of the "thrill" rides when she was still a toddler and all of them before she entered kindergarten. She is currently a bit over 5'8" maybe a bit taller because her last physical was in July.

Due to interesting circumstances I have a dsd (darling step daughter) and a dd who will both be 2 on our trip to WDW in sept 2011. I don't like the idea of bringing their personal information with me to the parks. would it be easier for me to just say they're twins or walk through the turnstiles seperatly with one while DH takes the other?

Due to interesting circumstances I have a dsd (darling step daughter) and a dd who will both be 2 on our trip to WDW in sept 2011. I don't like the idea of bringing their personal information with me to the parks. would it be easier for me to just say they're twins or walk through the turnstiles seperatly with one while DH takes the other?

It is possible to have two kids in one year...it is called "irish twins".

I wish I could remember back to when my kids were two! My daughter was also exceptionally tall for her age and we were never questioned. I do agree with others though and maybe a copy of the BC to carry with you would help you not to worry about it.:goodvibes

... and my fourth grade nine year old is already 4'9. I really don't want to have to grab his shirt collar to scold him when he is only in middle school.
Maybe he needs the extra embarassment of being grabbed by the shirt collar and scolded so next time he won't misbehave!

Or is it too much to ask a kid to grow up inside as fast as he does outside?

A common method Disney uses to determine a child's age is asking the child.

Hey Jedi! Just noticed that you have a new baby boy...CONGRATS!:yay::yay:

Are you getting any sleep yet?:goodvibes

Actually, the sleep hasn't been too bad...the newborn is waking every 2-3 hours to feed, but I don't have to wake up since DW is breast feeding.

Why would you do that? Are they exceptionally tall for their age? What does being twins have to do with anything? :confused3

I do refer to them as Irish twins when I don't feel like explaining to people That 1.5 months after my husband and I started dating we found out that his ex was pregnant. I later conceived our DD22mo around the time DSD2.5 was born so they are 10mo apart and usually get weird looks or questions when I say they are both 2 at our local zoo and waterpark. I think we are going to be moving the time of our trip tho to allow a few more months to save so we can stay longer and get the deluxe ddp

A common method Disney uses to determine a child's age is asking the child.[/QUOTE]

Wish my dd could answer them:...she has verbal apraxia:sad2: but someday she will!

Yay for tall little ones ~ getting to ride Splash & Thunder *and Space @ Disneyland* so young ~ if they want to :)

My DD is pretty petite ~ it took her till her 7th B-day to hit 46" and finally be tall enough for Indiana Jonas *Disneyland* and once was enough for her, she didn't care for it - I made her go on it the past Thanksgiving weekend and she rode with her hands covering her eyes and her thumbs plugging her ears *yet she had no problem with Dinosaur???

She made it to 48" by Thanksgiving so 7 years & 5 months ~ she got to ride CA Screamin' and loves it :banana:

DD & my mom on Indy ~
DSC02738-1.jpg

My son is very tall also and we've never been questioned (in 5 trips). He was 40" when he turned 2, 44" when he turned 3, 48" when he turned 4....... and so on, lol. He's consistently grown about 4" a year. Last year he was nine and around 5'3". I was worried that we'd be questioned b/c we did the dining plan but it was never mentioned. It's hard having a kid who looks so much older!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter