Very tall 2 year old at Disney

mom23kids

Earning My Ears
All of my kids are very tall for their age. People have always assumed they are older than they are because of it. Will they give me a hard time about my 2 year old at Disney?? She is currently 39 inches.....and could probably pass as a 4 year old.

ETA Thx for all the advice. Will take a copy just in case. Also wanted to add that my 5 year old dd is about 49 inches! She rode almost all of the rides at Cedar Point so the rides at DW will be a piece of cake for her!

All of my kids are very tall for their age. People have always assumed they are older than they are because of it. Will they give me a hard time about my 2 year old at Disney?? She is currently 39 inches.....and could probably pass as a 4 year old.

I know how you feel. :thumbsup2 My 3 year old son is 41 1/2 inches tall! :faint: He is often mistaken for a 4 or 5 year old...easily. When we went to Atlanta a couple years ago...I took a copy of his birth certificate because at the Atlanta Aquarium 2 year olds are free. I was never questioned about his age, however, he was sitting in his stroller at the time. Take a copy of her birth certificate if you feel more comfortable. Disney however will not question you NOT purchasing her a ticket. They just trust and hope that YOU as the parent will be honest. ;) The one good thing about your daughter's height and my son's height is the fact they will meet most of the height requirements of certain rides. My son meets the one for Splash Mountain and that's the only "thrill" ride I'm concerned about him meeting. :blush:
Good luck! No worries...it's not Disney you have to worry about giving you a hard time. :rolleyes1

I know how you feel. :thumbsup2 My 3 year old son is 41 1/2 inches tall! :faint: He is often mistaken for a 4 or 5 year old...easily. When we went to Atlanta a couple years ago...I took a copy of his birth certificate because at the Atlanta Aquarium 2 year olds are free. I was never questioned about his age, however, he was sitting in his stroller at the time. Take a copy of her birth certificate if you feel more comfortable. Disney however will not question you NOT purchasing her a ticket. They just trust and hope that YOU as the parent will be honest. ;) The one good thing about your daughter's height and my son's height is the fact they will meet most of the height requirements of certain rides. My son meets the one for Splash Mountain and that's the only "thrill" ride I'm concerned about him meeting. :blush:
Good luck! No worries...it's not Disney you have to worry about giving you a hard time. :rolleyes1

you wanna switch places LOL My 8 yr old is just shy of 45" At least this year he was tall enough to finally go on all the rides he's been eyeing:)

My (then) 2 1/2 year old was 40 inches on our last trip to Disney. Nobody said one word to us questioning her age. I wouldn't worry about it.

you wanna switch places LOL My 8 yr old is just shy of 45" At least this year he was tall enough to finally go on all the rides he's been eyeing:)

Get.....out! Your EIGHT year old is JUST shy of 45"??!! OMG! My husband said it tonight as we walked into Wal-Mart. Our 3 year old son is 7 inches away from being 4 feet tall! :faint:
MY son who is not half your son's age is almost as tall as him??!! Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor...I just fell out of my computer chair! :rotfl2::rolleyes1

Get.....out! Your EIGHT year old is JUST shy of 45"??!! OMG! My husband said it tonight as we walked into Wal-Mart. Our 3 year old son is 7 inches away from being 4 feet tall! :faint:
MY son who is not half your son's age is almost as tall as him??!! Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor...I just fell out of my computer chair! :rotfl2::rolleyes1

Yup, he turned 8 on New Year's Day:)

Poor kid. I can only hope there's a growth spurt in his future (I'm 5'9" and dh is 6')

Yup, he turned 8 on New Year's Day:)

Poor kid. I can only hope there's a growth spurt in his future (I'm 5'9" and dh is 6')

You're scaring me! :lmao: I'M 5'9" and MY DH is 6'1"....and look at our "little" one. :blush:
Don't be surprised...that growth spurt will hit him soon enough! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to let you know that we were never questioned at the gate (DD is very tall) but we WERE charged COUNTLESS times at the restaurants (even though we noted on the ADRs that she was 2). So plan ahead that you may have to send back the bill (it wasn't an issue just a pain to have to have our account credited every meal :rolleyes:)

I had the same problem my then 2 an half yr old looked at least 4 I remember we were going through the gates at Hollywood studios and in from of us they asked the parents how old their son was and they said 4 an h had no ticket the parents said they didn't know so then the woman looks at me and asks how old she was and I told her two she gave us no problem but from then on I did carry their birth certifies just as a comfort to me.

I heard that they have the right to ask for proof of age but they very rarely exercise that right. If you do want to take proof just in case, make a COPY of the birth certificate; that way you don't chance losing the original and having to go to your vitals department and pay for a new one.

We've never had a problem with ODS anywhere. What I do is make sure he stands next to DH instead of me. I'm small-boned and 5'1", so ODS always looked huge next to me. I simply have him stand next to 6'5" DH and he doesn't look so big! ODS never had an old face and was speech delayed so that likely helped too. I've never carried ODS's birth certificate with us for anything. (Can't remembe all of ODS's heights, but he was 36" at 18 months and 42" at 3.5 years old. He's big boned too with a big head making him look larger too).

We took DD just before her 3rd Bday and she looked MUCH older. Nobody said anything but one CM at the EPCOT gate gave me a look. I had a copy of her birth certificate along because she is so tall for her age.

Our youngest (DS) is big (was over 40" before he turned 3) and our middle child (DD) is petite. Although there's an over 2 year age difference they're about the same size... depending on growth spurts DD may be an inch or so taller, but DS is always heavier.

For our two trips with DS under 3, both kids were both in matching strollers. DH usually went through with DS (no ticket) and then I would go through with DD. Honestly, many of the CMs gave me a strange look for giving them a ticket for DD. They assumed they were twins even though DD was over 5.

My niece is a giant ;) (almost 44" during her last "under 3" trip) and they never even had a CM ask her age. You will not have an issue.

My (then) 2 1/2 year old was 40 inches on our last trip to Disney. Nobody said one word to us questioning her age. I wouldn't worry about it.

Same here. My son was riding all the 40" rides at 2.5 including ToT. At 3.5 he hit 44" and was riding Everest and Space Mountain. He will be 5 in March and he is a hair over 46" now. I doubt he will make the 48" mark by our May trip...but he may for our October trip.

We have had zero issues at Disney with him being tall. Even at the turnstyles we never had an issue and we were there 3 months before his 3rd birthday and he was HUGE compared to the other 2 year olds. He also looks a lot older than he is...You shouldn't have a problem.

We took DD just before her 3rd Bday and she looked MUCH older. Nobody said anything but one CM at the EPCOT gate gave me a look. I had a copy of her birth certificate along because she is so tall for her age.

Yes, I got some looks as well and was always asked at the gate; we took my DD just before she turned 3; she was 40.5" at her 3 year check up. I had her birth certificate with me just in case, but I never had to show it. Lots of eye rolling, and one rather grouchy CM.

She is now 6 and 51.5"+; she went on all of the big roller coasters at 5 (her fav was Rock n' Roll, as she calls it). I was scared, but she handled them just fine. Some kids are just tall!

Poor guy! My DD was 45" at her 4 year old check up... I have my Dr's book right here. I'm sure being on the lower end of the chart is just as challenging as being on the higher end. She's 6 now and 51.5"+. Crazy! But, I'm sure your DS will have a growth spurt sometime soon.

Just wanted to let you know that we were never questioned at the gate (DD is very tall) but we WERE charged COUNTLESS times at the restaurants (even though we noted on the ADRs that she was 2). So plan ahead that you may have to send back the bill (it wasn't an issue just a pain to have to have our account credited every meal :rolleyes:)

We had that happen twice too! I didn't know enough to dispute it as it was our 1st WDW trip with a child, so I just paid it. I just assumed we were supposed to and that she was not free if she ordered a meal off the menu. One of the places we got hit was Akershus, so it wasn't cheap!

We had that happen twice too! I didn't know enough to dispute it as it was our 1st WDW trip with a child, so I just paid it. I just assumed we were supposed to and that she was not free if she ordered a meal off the menu. One of the places we got hit was Akershus, so it wasn't cheap!

She is only free at restaurants if she eats off your plate so you were correct in paying for her.

my dd rode splash mountain, thunder mountain etc before she was 3. As well as being tall her speech was very advanced too, I worried about being stopped as she had no ticket but we were there for 2 weeks and noone said a word, although I always made sure I had her passport with me.
She is 6 now and is 52", my oldest ds is 13 and is 6ft 1" and my other ds is 9 and is 60" so i guess they will all be very tall

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!