2. Flights of Passage
2. Expedition Everest
3. Rock N Roller Coaster
4. Splash Mountain

4. Forbidden Journey
3. Expedition Everest
2. Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure
1. Rise of the Resistance

If we're ranking them together, all 4 of my top spots go to Disney. Don't get me wrong, I do like Universal. I'm just not big on thrill rides and I feel that's what gets the most love there.

2. Haunted Mansion
3. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
4. Tie between Pirates and Small World because these are both hugely nostalgic with a different feel.

(It was also really hard to not fit Space Mountain and Big Thunder in there somewhere so let's say they are 5 and 6 lol.)

If I rank Universal separately it would look like:

1. E.T.
2. Hagrid's
3. Mummy
4. Dr Seuss High in the Sky Trolley (weird choice maybe, but I just think its nice and relaxing lol)

4. Big Pink Donut
3. Zebra Domes
2. Dole Whip
1. Butterbeer

But, seriously... I would go with these as my top 4:
4. Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey (haven't been on Hagrid's yet, so it could bump something on this list)
3. Escape from Gringott's
2. Flight of Passage

I ranked these based not just on my personal preference, but also recognition of the technological marvel, immersion, etc. that they represent, so this list doesn't include some of my personal favorites (Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Soarin', Kilimanjaro Safari, Jurassic River Ride, Spiderman, Tower of Terror), but I give them honorable mention.

Mine would be:

4. Splash Mountain
3. Hulk
2. Rock n Rollercoaster
1. Flight of Passage

I haven't been on RotR or MMRR yet so I'm not including them.

2. Hagrids
3. Flight of Passage
4. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Honorable mention favs: Spiderman & Big Thunder Mountain (especially at night)

1. Hagrid's
2. Pirates of the Caribbean
3. Haunted Mansion
4. Rise of the Resistance

Honorable mentions go to Rip Ride Rockit, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and...does the Skyliner count?😅

You can see that I'm a bigger Disney fan than a Universal fan.
1. Tower of Terror at HS (love the theming)
2. Soar'in (at Epcot) -- first time I did it thought it was the coolest thing ever (am even going to drag by 85 year old dad on this next time)
3. Festival of the Lion King (at AK) -- gets me singing and dancing every time - what's not to love
4. Mickey's Philharmagic (at MK) -- like to do something that showcases the great Disney music

I thought I would be a total outlier, but even saw another poster with my same number 1 and 2. Loved seeing that!

Side note: Some of the newest very popular things are things I haven't done (Rise of the Resistance - HS, Flights of Passage - AK, and Hagrids - one of the Universal parks). I tend not to want to fight the crowds unless it's a long trip with lots of park days or if I'm with someone who is really keen on doing the latest and greatest stuff - just makes for longer lines all day. On my next trip I am just doing Epcot (2 days during Flower and Garden) and SeaWorld (one day) -- doing these parks with my 85 year old - will be sooo much fun, so won't get these new things in then either. I'm also not a big fan of the many popular simulator rides at Universal -- Forbidden Journey (although the castle is really cool) and Gringott's - -although the overall theming of the HP areas is very impressive and worth seeing at least once if you are an HP fan).

Rise of the resistance
Flight of Passage
Expedition Everest
Toy Story MM

.... the other park
Harry Potter

1. Haunted Mansion, especially the NBC version (sacrilege, I know).
  2. Rise of the Resistance
  3. Indiana Jones Adventure
  4. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Honorable mentions to Expedition Everest (disco yeti keeps this from the top spots), and the PeopleMover (obviously).
I do love Universal but nothing cracks the list (why does seemingly every ride there shoot water in your face?)
Forbidden Journey has that cool and different ride vehicle, but nothing full of spiders gets on the list.

Top Four from Each, why not?

WDW:
1) Flight of Passage - fell in love with this (alongside my son) on the first ride. Wasn't sure what to expect, ended up genuinely thrilled. Which is amazing considering we waited three hours for that first ride.
2) Haunted Mansion - as charming and eerie as possible. Imaginative, quirky, and lovely. Classic.
3) Big Thunder Mountain - excellent balance of gentle thrills with theming fun. Resonates with me.
4) Kilimanjaro Safaris - love seeing the animals.

Universal/IoA:
1) Spider-Man
2) Hulk Coaster - great build up and launch. Just a great coaster, period.
3) Mummy Coaster - much better than I expected. Has the energy and zip of the silly movies.
4) T2:3D. RIP to a real one. I know it was a show, but I thought it was a lot of fun.

EDIT: Haven't ridden Hagrids or Runaway Railroad yet. Looking forward to both. Did get a chance to the new SW rides pre-COVID 2020. Neither really grabbed me at all. Honestly prefer Star Tours to both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter