Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Spring like weather continues in Scotland, temp around 50 for last week, lots of sunshine. Took the campervan for a day trip to the beach at St Andrews this week, still not allowed to stay overnight in Scotland due to COVID lockdown. All campsites still closed also.

We live in hope........😎🏄🚣🏊🤽

Spring like weather continues in Scotland, temp around 50 for last week, lots of sunshine. Took the campervan for a day trip to the beach at St Andrews this week, still not allowed to stay overnight in Scotland due to COVID lockdown. All campsites still closed also.

We live in hope........😎🏄🚣🏊🤽

I would LOVE to walk the golf courses at St Andrews, Ronaldo, just as a pedestrian, during the summer months when IIRC they are closed one day a week from golfers. My golf game is so bad it would be awful to put me on it with clubs but it's cool that you got your campervan out-and-about already this year. I've already planned it with the train ride to the Leuchars station then the very short bus ride into StA.

Is there any maintenance or prep work to do for the camping season if/when you are free to camp again that is part of your annual routine? We don't have many campervan DIS folks (class B is the phrase here) so I always wondered.

It was 75F and sunny blue sky today again (3 days in a row) but some rain coming in after midnight and into the weekend so the Alabama baseball games may come into question. One concern I have, and I wonder what @tiggerdad and @garneska think as my fellow Southerners, is that warming up too fast will put us in a tornado situation when the next cold front comes through. That's generally how the pattern is here in the south - warm air in a location is collided into by a cold front moving through and along that line is where the tornadoes break out as the system generally moves southwest to northeast.

Bama Ed

I would LOVE to walk the golf courses at St Andrews, Ronaldo, just as a pedestrian, during the summer months when IIRC they are closed one day a week from golfers. My golf game is so bad it would be awful to put me on it with clubs but it's cool that you got your campervan out-and-about already this year. I've already planned it with the train ride to the Leuchars station then the very short bus ride into StA.

I didn't walk the full course, but I did walk out on the 18th hole about 25 years ago. Pretty cool!

My game is like yours. Sounds like a DisFort golf weekend could be fun!

My game is like yours. Sounds like a DisFort golf weekend could be fun!

You and me, mickeyfan0805, would have a heckofa putt-putt contest over at the Fairways course (next to the Fantasia course) over near the Swolphin. My money would be thrown away at a full scale golf course at Disney but putt putt is more my speed. I like the Fairways course because it's NOT putting through a windmill or over a winter sled. Very competitive (and a total obnoxious jerk) I can be - I admit I trash talk on the putt putt course. :rolleyes1 We could bet BIG money (like loser buys the winner a Coca Cola - that kind of thing).

Although I will say I was over at the Disney Golf Resort (Palm/Magnolia) clubhouse on this last trip in October to get my dad a new golfing Mickey shirt and saw they have a walking 9 hole course (The Oaks) there as well. That is something I'd be up for. I just have to bring a fresh dozen balls in the hopes of completing 9 holes. :woohoo:

And to keep it weather related here in the weather thread - I hope we can have our match in beautiful weather conditions.

Ed

Yeah Ed, I see this Saturday and Sunday we are expected to hit 80 degrees. Usually this does not go well when the cold fronts come through as you stated.

Keep our fingers crossed. I'm headed to Aberdeen tomorrow, about 2 hours north of me and not too far west of you. Time for the my camper to be taken in for her yearly maintenance. I hear they have finally thawed out up there!

Teamubr, A neighbor heard I had frozen grey & black tanks & by myself. He came over thawed both tanks & even back washed the black tank. He replace the back grey hose & would not let me pay for it. I have told a few, Jesse was my angel sent from God & Arnold. Then he wanted to see where the hose that broke connected to the ice maker. I thought Arnold had said the connection under the kitchen sink controlled the on & off water flow to the ice maker. He turned the hose to off (too tight & was afraid to turn too much that I might break it off),that did the trick. Sunday evening I had water (hot & cold). The repair man came Monday & said where the hot water heater is, a hose has a tiny hole & figured that is where the water in the basement was coming from. He has to order the hose, but not fixed yet. The leak is so slow, the towel we wrapped it into is dry. I differently have given Jesus the praise to bring Jesse to help me. He actually he favored a picture I have seen of Jesus. PS: I had no hoses break inside the camper only outside. Thank you for your concern.

Gloria,

It's so nice to hear things worked out on the good side. Campers are are nice helpful group for the most part. The campground we were at in January is mostly long termers. Our friends that have been there since September said they intend on staying. It is a small community where everyone looks out for each other.

Glad Jesse was close and capable.

j

Yes, the full timers are great. Their are 6 of us that look out for each other. I love where I live & the RV park is beautiful. Owners are great. My son wants me to sell the camper, move to Seguin, Tx & live in an apartment. Not sure what I am going to do.

It was 102 last night and 35 this morning. Crazy weather in the Midwest.

20210225_195032_copy_2304x1296.jpg

First time I have been in the hot tub this year. We were gone all of January. Then it was way too cold and then covered under snow. Looks like we will have a good stretch of hot tub weather coming up.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter