Some FREE DINING Info & Guidelines

I wish they did stuff like that. :rolleyes: We rarely use out snack options and would rather do the opposite of that and pool them together to make another QS meal option. :)

What?!! You don't use your snacks? :scared1: Get something, water, pkg of chips, anything!! But don't just waste them. They are for you to use. I can't imagine not using up every last snack option. You can always get water for the trip home. Mickey bars, lollipops, pieces of fruit, soft drinks in the park, whatever, but there are so many selections. Bottle drinks or milk for the room...the list goes on and on. :confused3

Okay, I read through the first post with all the dining info (much appreciated btw). At this point, I would just like someone to check my math and make sure I have this right. We are booked Dec 11-15th 2011 at Pop Century. We went with the free QSDP but at this point I'm beginning to think about upgrading to the regular DDP. If I read correctly, the upgrade would cost us $11 per adult for each night. So, that's $22 x 4 nights = $88. So, for approximately $88 we could upgrade to the regular plan?? If someone can please confirm this for me, I just may be on the phone with Disney Reservations again in the morning :rotfl:

ETA: Also, if I make ADR's while we don't have the regular dining plan, do I have to go back in and make ADR's again once we add it or will they automatically be covered by the dining plan when we upgrade?

Yes, your pricing is right to upgrade. You do not have to cancel and re-book anything if you change your dining plan - just adding on additional ones is fine!

Nope, sorry, they won't do that :-)

Last time we went - September 2009...we were told by a CM at ASMusic Food Court, that we were allowed to take 3 Snacks for a CS credit.

We have about 6 CS credits left on the night before we left, so we loaded up on a whack full of snacks to burn through - and finished them the next morning, with another cashier putting us through.

So, we could split.

Has that changed since?

Last time we went - September 2009...we were told by a CM at ASMusic Food Court, that we were allowed to take 3 Snacks for a CS credit.

We have about 6 CS credits left on the night before we left, so we loaded up on a whack full of snacks to burn through - and finished them the next morning, with another cashier putting us through.

So, we could split.

Has that changed since?
There are reports here on the Dis of CMs converting TS credits to CS and CS to Snacks, but it's not an across the board guideline that Disney does. They do not advertise it and they won't confirm that they do or don't convert snacks if you email them. I think it's one of those things where you can most likely convert to some degree, but don't always count on it. Sorry, that's so vague, but it's one of those vague guidelines - kind of like late fastpass, they usually accept them, but it's not advertised and they have to option at any time to not accept them.

What happens if Disney changes the dates offered for Free Dining after you make a reservation but before you fully pay for the package?

What happens if Disney changes the dates offered for Free Dining after you make a reservation but before you fully pay for the package?

I may be wrong but I believe that if you are booked and have paid some on your package (deposit) then Disney will still allow you to keep the FD on your package even if they change the dates.

The only difference would be if you were not supposed to be able to get the FD offer then they may add on the DDP cost later once they see the error. But some here have done this and have yet to have that happen and I have heard from others that have.

I didn't read the entire thread so sorry if this has already been asked. Is it possible to do a split resort stay and still get FD? And if so, what if the date you are checking into the second resort is not a FD date?

Please help! :confused3 I have a free dining package booked 1/27-2/10. We will not be staying 14 nights probably more like 6 or 7. My husband most likely find out exactly what dates he can take off work in early December. I was thinking that I could change the dates (something inside my curent date range just less days) before my 45 day mark but it will be after the free dining booking period is over. Can I do this???

Please help! :confused3 I have a free dining package booked 1/27-2/10. We will not be staying 14 nights probably more like 6 or 7. My husband most likely find out exactly what dates he can take off work in early December. I was thinking that I could change the dates (something inside my curent date range just less days) before my 45 day mark but it will be after the free dining booking period is over. Can I do this???

You should be able to change your dates provided you are still checking in on a date that FD is offered. And remember, the FD dates changed. I believe the original offer was through February 4, but now it's February 2. We had a reservation February 1-14. I wanted to shorten up our stay and was hoping since I already had a reservation that it wouldn't matter what I changed the dates to. I specifically wanted to check in February 4, but since that date is no longer part of the FD offer, I couldn't do it. I have to check in during the FD dates. Does that make sense; answer your question?

Yes, I think so. I was just worried about changing the dates after the free dining offer has ended:confused3

We were allowed to trade one counter service meal for 3 snacks(it's called a continental) with no problem numerous times just last week. The only thing it, it has to be at a place that actually sells MEALS, not just snacks. We were allowed at the food courts at the hotels or at QS restaurants but not at the candy store or food cart that only sold snacks. They told us they do not have the proper "continental" button on their machine to allow it. At any rate, we got a bunch of fruit cups, chips, and drinks on the way out. I think this is only fair, I do not see why you should have to lose credits. We just cannot eat that many quick service meals b/c we are not huge eaters and usually share a meal. Or for instance my daughter and I like a biscuit and gravy for breakfast. They give you two biscuits and we split this and it is only a snack credit!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!