Some FREE DINING Info & Guidelines

question..... i just got a pin code for our dates in august 2012 and we are already booked. if i use the pin code and free dining is offered for our dates, do i lose the pin code offer??? i know you cant combine offers but i wasnt sure if its the same with the pin code...anyone know??
thanks!!

question..... i just got a pin code for our dates in august 2012 and we are already booked. if i use the pin code and free dining is offered for our dates, do i lose the pin code offer??? i know you cant combine offers but i wasnt sure if its the same with the pin code...anyone know??
thanks!!
You can not combine/stack any kind of WDW discounts. If you are booked under a pin code and a better code comes out that you want to apply to your reservation, then yes, you must give up the pin code discount.

You can not combine/stack any kind of WDW discounts. If you are booked under a pin code and a better code comes out that you want to apply to your reservation, then yes, you must give up the pin code discount.

I figured as much. This is the first time ive gotten a pin code for the time we are actually going. Im really hoping for free dining. the pin saves me just as much as i saved with AAA. thanks!!

If I book a DVC ressie, can I add FD if/when it comes out?

If you made the reservation on points, you are not eligible for free dining. If you booked through Disney Travel Co. and are paying cash, you may be able to apply the discount if you have a package with tickets and your room type is available. Sometimes Disney does not include certain room types in their discounts.

If you booked using DVC points you are not eligible for free dining or any other Disney resort discounts. If you book a Magic Your Way package through Disney at one of the DVC properties, then, yes, you can apply a free dining or room only discount.

So DVC owners are not eligible for fd? I thought there was a way for them to still take advantage. :confused:

So DVC owners are not eligible for fd? I thought there was a way for them to still take advantage. :confused:
No, DVC owners are not eligible for free dining or any other resort/room discounts from Disney. Disney has their business no matter what, they aren't giving them extra discounts on top of their DVC ownership. Free Dining is probably the reason we won't ever buy into DVC or even rent points. For a family our size, I believe, it's a minimum of a $25,000.00 buy in to get a villa the size we need. I haven't hardly spent that much money in 7 years worth of free dining trips. And as for renting points, it's double the cost of our vacation, as opposed to staying in 2 connecting rooms at a value resort with free dining.

Now, don't get me wrong, the DVC villas are very beautiful and most DVC owners love it, you just have to run the numbers to see what works for your family. If you have a smaller family and do a lot of your own cooking, the villas can be a good option.

No, DVC owners are not eligible for free dining or any other resort/room discounts from Disney. Disney has their business not matter what, they aren't giving them extra discounts on top of their DVC ownership. Free Dining is probably the reason we won't ever buy into DVC or even rent points. For a family our size, I believe, it's a minimum of a $25,000.00 buy in to get a villa the size we need. I haven't hardly spent that much money in 7 years worth of free dining trips. And as for renting points, it's double the cost of our vacation, as opposed to staying in 2 connecting rooms at a value resort with free dining.

Now, don't get me wrong, the DVC villas are very beautiful and most DVC owners love it, you just have to run the numbers to see what works for your family. If you have a smaller family and do a lot of your own cooking, the villas can be a great option.

Oh... well, that weighs the scales a bit. See, I look and look at the numbers and DVC always seems to not be a good option for us. We always go on some discount and rarely stay in more than a value. This last time though, we stayed deluxe and I wondered if maybe dvc would have been better to have. Dh really is the one would probably will only stay deluxe now and he actually was the one to seriously suggest DVC. But... I assume that you could get free dinning. :scratchin oh well, I guess I like my hunt for a good discount. :goodvibes

Oh... well, that weighs the scales a bit. See, I look and look at the numbers and DVC always seems to not be a good option for us. We always go on some discount and rarely stay in more than a value. This last time though, we stayed deluxe and I wondered if maybe dvc would have been better to have. Dh really is the one would probably will only stay deluxe now and he actually was the one to seriously suggest DVC. But... I assume that you could get free dinning. :scratchin oh well, I guess I like my hunt for a good discount. :goodvibes
Yes, you must run the numbers. But if you are staying at one of the Villas and booking through Disney, or you are staying at a deluxe resort, a 40% off room code is going to probably be a larger discount than a free dining discount. If you are staying at a Villa or a Deluxe resort and your room discount is 30% or less or all of the people in your room are considered Disney "adults," then the free dining discount is probably going to be greater.

Hi there!

Thanks for the good info on here. Sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find anything about this....

Quick question--we're currently booked at POR with free dining, and not quite at the 45 day mark. We were considering upgrading to the Wilderness Lodge (we love it there, and can't quite let it go!). Since the free dining booking is over, will we lose the FD if we change resorts?

TIA!

Hi there!

Thanks for the good info on here. Sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find anything about this....

Quick question--we're currently booked at POR with free dining, and not quite at the 45 day mark. We were considering upgrading to the Wilderness Lodge (we love it there, and can't quite let it go!). Since the free dining booking is over, will we lose the FD if we change resorts?

TIA!
No, you shouldn't. You are just modifying a reservation and you are doing an upgrade - Disney doesn't charge you for spending more money with them, even if you are inside of your 45 day window. We have changed resorts under a free dining reservation twice and I didn't have any issues. There have been people report here on The DIS that a CM told them they could not do that, but that is incorrect information. If the CM who answers the phone can't help you, just ask to speak with a CM manager and they should be able to modify your reservation without issue.

No, you shouldn't. You are just modifying a reservation and you are doing an upgrade - Disney doesn't charge you for spending more money with them, even if you are inside of your 45 day window. We have changed resorts under a free dining reservation twice and I didn't have any issues. There have been people report here on The DIS that a CM told them they could not do that, but that is incorrect information. If the CM who answers the phone can't help you, just ask to speak with a CM manager and they should be able to modify your reservation without issue.

Hmm, but if Wilderness Lodge is out of the pre-allotted free dining rooms, then they may not be able to book a free dining room at WL. Not sure how this would all work out, but be careful when switching and make sure you can still get the FD offer at WL before changing your reservation.

Dan

Hmm, but if Wilderness Lodge is out of the pre-allotted free dining rooms, then they may not be able to book a free dining room at WL. Not sure how this would all work out, but be careful when switching and make sure you can still get the FD offer at WL before changing your reservation.

Dan
The CM would have to check for availabilty, that is true. If there is availability, they should be able to change resorts without issue. The CM isn't going to change or modify their current reservation until they have verified availability at WL.

I have edited the first post of this thead to include historic Free Dining Promo dates and release dates.

Thanks for the info! Is there a way to find out the 2011 schedule?
All of the free dining dates that were released for 2011 are listed in the first post of this thread - is that the info you are talking about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter