Some FREE DINING Info & Guidelines

This idea may have been mentioned already in the thread....either way, I think the main post should be a Disney Discount Codes and Rates sticky. :goodvibes

I know there is already a Free Dining sticky but the info in post#1 is really essential.

Hi! If I book a room for the last day FD is offered, a thurs night, but check in the next morning on a fri at 7, 8 or 9am ( fly in on a red eye ) will we still be elig for the plan? I'd rather have the room on arrival than wait for check in- and of course we would love to take advantage of FD if poss! Has anyone done this or know if it's possible? Thank you!

Wouldn't you counted as a no show and lose the reservation if you don't check in by a certain time? I don't really know, but am interested in the answer.

Hi! If I book a room for the last day FD is offered, a thurs night, but check in the next morning on a fri at 7, 8 or 9am ( fly in on a red eye ) will we still be elig for the plan? I'd rather have the room on arrival than wait for check in- and of course we would love to take advantage of FD if poss! Has anyone done this or know if it's possible? Thank you!

If you are not checked into a room on the day of FD, they won't HOLD the room until the next day.

BUT, I believe you are asking if there is a way to insure you HAVE a room available for your ACCESS based on that DATE - even if you arrive after midnight. I suggest you CALL to verify, explaining your flight does not arrive until sometime after midnight (have flight number handy in case they need to confirm), but want the room ready upon your arrival and are willing to pay for the NIGHT BEFORE check-in to insure that.

What I would NOT say is that you are doing this to lock in the FD - though that is certainly a bonus. ;~}

I have, indeed, done this for a client. A large family was flying in from various parts of the country for a family reunion and 2 couples were coming in from Las Vegas on red-eye flights. We booked them to arrive on the day before everyone else, even though they 'technically' arrived on the same date, so that they could get into their rooms and rest/sleep while waiting for the others who arrived late morning and mid-afternoon.

In our instance, we did a 'room-only' booking because they were all paying for their dining AND this change was made only a few days pre-arrival. But I believe the same thing could be done with your reservation. Realistically, those who arrive in the middle of the night or wee morning hours that are willing to pay to have a room available on arrival should be allowed to do so.

Many many thanks for posting this, it was EXACTLY what I was looking for and explained everything in simple, easy to understand terms. Thank you so much! :love:

We have paid in full for a 4 night free dining trip for 3 adults/3 kids, ages 11, 9, and 5. So, technically the oldest is listed as an adult for pricing/menu options. Well, the middle one...a son...is a big and adventurous eater. And I didn't realize until looking closely at menu options that he would be disappointed in the amount and quality of food offerings for kids. I read somewhere on here that you could upgrade a child to adult for menu purposes (its basically the difference between a child ticket to an adult ticket)....in our case $23.43.

But my TA wasn't sure if Disney would charge a change fee since we are in our 45 day window, which she thinks might be an add'l $10-15, she thinks. But she is out for the rest of the day so I won't know for sure until tomorrow and I don't think I can do it myself since I have a TA. We leave in a little over 3 weeks. Does anyone know if there is a fee to do this kind of upgrade? Other than just the upgrade cost? I've searched DW website and just can't tell.

We have paid in full for a 4 night free dining trip for 3 adults/3 kids, ages 11, 9, and 5. So, technically the oldest is listed as an adult for pricing/menu options. Well, the middle one...a son...is a big and adventurous eater. And I didn't realize until looking closely at menu options that he would be disappointed in the amount and quality of food offerings for kids. I read somewhere on here that you could upgrade a child to adult for menu purposes (its basically the difference between a child ticket to an adult ticket)....in our case $23.43.

But my TA wasn't sure if Disney would charge a change fee since we are in our 45 day window, which she thinks might be an add'l $10-15, she thinks. But she is out for the rest of the day so I won't know for sure until tomorrow and I don't think I can do it myself since I have a TA. We leave in a little over 3 weeks. Does anyone know if there is a fee to do this kind of upgrade? Other than just the upgrade cost? I've searched DW website and just can't tell.
No, there aren't going to charge you any fees. You are upgrading and therefore spending more money. Disney doesn't ever turn down your money or charge you money for spending more money for a trip to WDW. They only charge you a "change" fee on a package if you are less than 45 days from your check in date and are downgrading your package in some way.

No, there aren't going to charge you any fees. You are upgrading and therefore spending more money. Disney doesn't ever turn down your money or charge you money for spending more money for a trip to WDW. They only charge you a "change" fee on a package if you are less than 45 days from your check in date and are downgrading your package in some way.

You were right! Got my son upgraded for $23.43 and no change or processing fee. Just the increase in price from a child myw ticket to adult. He'll be so pleased he can order anything off the menu now!! Yeah!

Please forgive me if this was already asked, but does anyone know when in August Free Dining has been offered?

Please forgive me if this was already asked, but does anyone know when in August Free Dining has been offered?
The basic timeframes for Free Dining Promos are listed in the very first paragraph of the very first post on this thread.

Basically, a Free Dining discount has been offered every August since 2005. The dates usually fall between mid-August and the end of the month - the start dates have varied from year to year.

This may sound odd but if we purchase the free dining package that includes a 2-day park ticket, and never use any of the park tickets, will those park tickets expire? Or will they be able to be used on another trip later?

Any help would be appreciated,
CPC

This may sound odd but if we purchase the free dining package that includes a 2-day park ticket, and never use any of the park tickets, will those park tickets expire? Or will they be able to be used on another trip later?

Any help would be appreciated,
CPC

As long as no days are used, they can be used on a future trip. If you do intend to save them, make sure to put them away somewhere they won't get used now because if they are accidentally used just once, they will expire 14 days after the first use.

As long as no days are used, they can be used on a future trip. If you do intend to save them, make sure to put them away somewhere they won't get used now because if they are accidentally used just once, they will expire 14 days after the first use.

Thanks for that.
One more question now. Will I receive paper tickets along with my KTTW card in the case that I might not use the admissions?

Thanks alot,
CPC

Thanks for that.
One more question now. Will I receive paper tickets along with my KTTW card in the case that I might not use the admissions?

Thanks alot,
CPC

You're welcome :). The tickets will be on your KTTW card. I have heard of people getting the park tickets taken off the KTTW card, but we have never done that. Whenever we have had tickets with a package that we were using on a future trip or had non expire tickets, I just kept the KTTW card and marked them as to what was on them so I would know what I had later on. And we have never had any trouble using them ;).

:goodvibes I just found this thread and I thank you so much for your time. I am still confused but will work it out. We are going from 11/11/12 to the
18th and still trying to figure this our. Have been going to WDW for many years and never used FD.

Hopefully I will get all of this straightened out before our trip which we will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary. Thanks again for all of your work.

:goodvibes I just found this thread and I thank you so much for your time. I am still confused but will work it out. We are going from 11/11/12 to the
18th and still trying to figure this our. Have been going to WDW for many years and never used FD.

Hopefully I will get all of this straightened out before our trip which we will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary. Thanks again for all of your work.
Hey, Minny Granny! Just ask away with the questions :-)

Hopefully they will release next year's fall free dining dates in early summer. Ya'll can go ahead and book and when a discount code comes out you can apply it then.

:goodvibes thank you for answering me about the DP. We will be staying at the POP and should I get my tickets now or wait until the dining plan comes out if there will be one.
Is the upgrade for the restaurants and the value for the dining in the value resorts? sorry now I am just confusing myself. LOL

:goodvibes thank you for answering me about the DP. We will be staying at the POP and should I get my tickets now or wait until the dining plan comes out if there will be one.
Is the upgrade for the restaurants and the value for the dining in the value resorts? sorry now I am just confusing myself. LOL
To take advantage of a Free Dining Discount/Promo, you have to book a Magic Your Way Package, which includes your resort, tickets and dining plan. You can not purchase tickets and/or resort rooms separately, you have to buy a package which includes the Disney Dining Plan.

The value resorts are usually given the Quick Service DDP during a free dining promotion. You can upgrade for a minimal amount (exact 2012 upgrade price listed in first post) and if you plan on doing any character/table service meals it is well worth the upgrade.

If you know your exact dates, since you will be traveling for your anniversary, I would just go ahead and book your package ($200.00 deposit required, balance due 45 days before check-in), and then when the Fall Free Dining dates are released you can just call WDW reservations and have them apply the code to your existing package reservation. We have done just that for the past 6 years or so and it's worked out great. Of course, all of this is banking on a Free Dining discount being released for your dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter