Seriously...whats up with crocs?

they are comfortable to walk on because the soles are super thick and cusion your feet. if you have high arches they will make your feet hurt after a while because there is no support. If your feet sweat they also become uncomfortable and slippery inside.

I'm not a fan of crocs, but the soles of Skechers Go Walk shoes are similar so I buy those--it's like walking on clouds!

They're ridiculously awesome for two things:

1. Leaving at the back door for when going out into the garden. Slip on and do anything in them. They'll always wash clean and always be comfortable.

2. Disney. There is no other shoe I can do miles and miles of laps of the parks in and still be able to stand at the end of the day. Also great for the daily Florida storm - yes your toes get wet but its the lovely warm rain so I consider that a bonus, and the crocs dry out as soon as the rain is gone. Finally, you can drive fairly safely in them unlike many other summer slip on footwear.

Oh and they last forever! Right now I'm wearing my mickey crocs bought from AKL 12 years ago. What other shoe can be worn almost daily (ok some days only for a few minutes) for 12 years and still be as comfortable as day 1?

Big difference between the classic crocs and crocs sandals. I absolutely love my sandals and have worn various ones for many years. They are really comfortable and don't look bad at all. But then they don't look like traditional crocs.
Before our first trip to WDW 14 years ago I became convinced that the only possible way to survive park days was in Crocs (thanks DISboards :( ). They were not common here then and I had to order them directly from Crocs back in the infancy of on-line shopping. I went with the Athena sandal for looks because well, Crocs. :blush: I was fairly appalled at them when they arrived but determined to see it through. Within a couple of hours of our first day the little lumps on the footbed had blistered my feet in several places. I ended up being the goof walking around in Crocs and socks and wore my runners for the rest of the trip.

Before our first trip to WDW 14 years ago I became convinced that the only possible way to survive park days was in Crocs (thanks DISboards :( ). They were not common here then and I had to order them directly from Crocs back in the infancy of on-line shopping. I went with the Athena sandal for looks because well, Crocs. :blush: I was fairly appalled at them when they arrived but determined to see it through. Within a couple of hours of our first day the little lumps on the footbed had blistered my feet in several places. I ended up being the goof walking around in Crocs and socks and wore my runners for the rest of the trip.
Isn't it crazy how things work so differently for different people? I generally don't wear mine in the parks. But we're commandos and typically go 6-10 miles a day. I did wear mine once on a long park day and ended up in first aid getting bandaids for the blisters they were rubbing on the top of my toes. No foot ache from walking (they were great for that purpose), but obviously issues from where they rubbed.

Since then I have used them as my "recovery" shoes. They feel great when we get back from the parks and I want to run to the gift shop or food court. I still use sneakers for my long days in the parks, but will wear the crocs if we have a shorter day planned, and they always feel oh so good.

Oh and they last forever! Right now I'm wearing my mickey crocs bought from AKL 12 years ago. What other shoe can be worn almost daily (ok some days only for a few minutes) for 12 years and still be as comfortable as day 1?
They really do. I have 3 pair of sandals now and the first pair is still as comfortable as they were on day 1.

They really do. I have 3 pair of sandals now and the first pair is still as comfortable as they were on day 1.
Sadly, so are mine! :laughing: Since that first fateful experience I’ve only ever worn them as pool/shower shore since.

Seems like several of us have had issues with the Crocs. Wonder if this has something to do with the construction of the shoe? Something about the looseness and not wicking moisture away as well as a flip-flop/slide? I mean, I can and have walked around all day in Crocs flip-flops with no problem but their walking sandal (which btw hasn't fallen apart and now serves as deck shoes for when I'm grilling) was no bueno for that.

They are my "house shoes." They are comfortable. But honestly, not shoes I would wear in public.
I have about a million pairs from the first time they got popular....they never seem to wear out! I used to wear them everywhere,bc they're comfortable.... then I used to wear them camping and to beach bc they're perfect for that...now I wear my various pairs aounrd the house,one for inside only,one at back door for yardwork,one at front door for front yard/walks etc. I don't know why I used to think they were cute,bc now I think theyre dorky looking :rotfl2: but I still love the squishy,easy cleaning style for around the house. Pandemic shoe? CROCS:rotfl:

There you go. Pandemic shoes for sure.

LOL. To be fair, they were gaining in popularity for awhile before the pandemic.

I remember about 2 years ago, there was some talk of them going away completely, which may have fueled a revival of sorts as people responded by panic buying them in larger numbers. I think they were having issues with the manufacturing facilities and were considering just discontinuing production. That has obviously completely changed now. They are now the cool "it" shoe to have., and there have been several crossovers with crocs and major fashion designers and artists.

https://www.crocs.com/collaborations.html

Where have you been? They are SUPER trendy now. They are the only shoe company that posted a profit in the last two quarters.

Not popular around here at all - I have not seen a single person wearing them in ages. Kids round here wear Uggs, slip on Nike shoes, Chucks and Under Armour flip flops, etc.

I have flat feet and have struggled with pain my entire life just with normal walking...until Crocs. Now that I have CIPN in my feet I wear nothing else. I literally wore them under my dress at a black tie wedding and I made no apologies for it :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I’m amazed at how many people use them around water. I find they get very slippery when went.
Some years ago I was wearing Crocs while strolling along the Boardwalk at WDW. I don't recall if it had just rained, or if they had just hosed-down the boardwalk but it was like walking on a hockey rink in those Crocs.

I liked them for a while, but I'm over them now.

I saw a 20 something wearing a new pair at the gas station today and a preteen wearing a pair at the pool last week. I guess they are 'in' here.

I still have an old knock off pair. They stay in the garage and I occasionally wear them in the yard.

Funny story. We were in Epcot getting ready for Illuminations one night. My husband's sandals he wore into the park started disintegrating with every step. He was at the point of being barefoot.

Fortunately, he found a kiosk selling Mickey Crocs to get him through the rest of the trip.

I love them. I have a pair of the originals that are still going strong and sandals too. Great for the beach and gardening. They are slippery when wet and I don't like them in WDW. Too sweaty. Loved my Chacos there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter