Seriously...whats up with crocs?

I just bought my first pair (couldn’t resist the Haunted Mansion ones). I bought them to wear as slippers around the house. I usually wore flip flops. I was amazed at how comfortable they are, and how good the arch support is. They are well ventilated and my feet don’t sweat in them. I won’t be wearing them for regular shoes, but for wearing around the house, to the mailbox, etc., they are great.

I found a pair of Disney/Pixar Cars Crocs. They were a pale red with an insulated yellow furry lining. My kid used to wear them around the house on a cold day.

Can't beat them as far as being easy to clean for kids, you just wipe them off. Great for mucking around for them. If it's raining outside and I don't feel like tracking down shoes and socks in order to make a quick trip to the mailbox, I'll just toss those on instead of getting my nicer flip flops soaked. They are my go-to shoes for wandering my yard, and yes they are pretty comfy.

I wear them when mowing and doing other yardwork.

My only concern is that when they get wet, my foot slips around inside them - a lot. Also, I don't find them to be good for walking on mud, either. Very, very slippery.

They are really just a trendy brand name for what most others call sandals/slides or flip-flops. Personally, not my style of footwear, but just depends on what you like.
Yes and no?

It (the classic Croc) is a closed-toe sandal, which is different from open-toed sandals and thonged flip-flops.

But I don't think there were many sandals like it when they first started gaining popularity. So it feels more like the brand started the trend rather than latched onto one.

Last edited:
I have a pair of Mary Jane's which are like the traditional clog look but the bottom part isn't so wide and doesn't come up so high on the top of your foot. They are my yard shoes, if i'm just running outside quick slip them on. If I'm going to be in the yard for awhile then I will change it to have the back strap. I also wear them camping as easy to slip on and off going into the camper.

I have the crocs flip flops which are great and I wear those all the time. They are pretty comfortable. In the winter I wear the closed toed slip on crocs with socks. They are nice and cushiony. We have a crocs outlet nearby so they have all the styles.

Oh I forgot I have a pair of "ballet flats" that are Croc brand. I have only worn them once to my company Christmas Party. It is the last time I wore a dress and needed "dress shoes."

Big difference between the classic crocs and crocs sandals. I absolutely love my sandals and have worn various ones for many years. They are really comfortable and don't look bad at all. But then they don't look like traditional crocs.

So funny, I ordered a pair of slides at the beginning of summer for our walks. I wanted open toe with support. I had been using my Havaianas but they are too flat. I took them on a family vaca and everyone said they liked them, at least that's what they said to my face. ;)

I developed plantar fasciitis and cannot go barefoot in the house, so I got multiple pairs of Crocs. They are great for inside. Yes, they are ugly. When your feet hurt THIS bad, you don’t care. Funny thing is, DD Insisted on a white pair when she went to college a few years ago. Went to visit, and tons of girls were wearing white Crocs. White was the only acceptable color.

I will admit owning some, they are good for taking the dog outside, running to the mailbox, or rolling the garbage can to the curb. I would never wear them in public. However for “around the house” stuff I really like them.

I wear Crocs all the time. My feet are 2 different sizes, I have a fallen arch in one foot, and the distance between my arch and the ball of my big toe is not standard. Crocs are the only shoes I can wear comfortably, all the time. I need to wear them with socks when we are at WDW, as my feet sweat in the Florida heat and that causes blistering. I love the "Freesail" styles but also wear a lot of the classic Crocs, as they are available in more colors, and in the winter I wear the fleece lined styles (in New England!). I have an awful time finding "standard" shoes that fit me; Crocs are a godsend for my feet.

They don't work for me...not supportive enough. I overpronate significantly and they don't hold up my arch. I wore the Mary Janes to Disney one year (back in the 90s I think) and they were good at first but they didn't hold up to a lot of miles. Broke down fast. Classic Crocs probably hold up better.

My husband has a neuroma and they don't offer him any support in the forefoot and he has to stick to Keen's.

That said, my adult daughter just bought a pair yesterday for "cute fashion" and she has fairly normal feel and they are fine.

I have considered picking up a classic pair to walk around the yard in for very short tasks.

Both of our daughters absolutely love theirs, they each have several pairs of the different styles and colors. I held off as long as I could, but they finally convinced me to get a pair as well, so I ended up with the lined clogs in lavender.

I love my "original" Crocs but I only wear them in the yard in the summer. I wear them only when I have shorts on and I don't go out in public with mine. So basically their like my summertime slippers. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter