Seriously...whats up with crocs?

ShannyMcB

DIS Veteran
Are they really that comfortable for an extended period? All crocs or just the original type? Are they worth the hype?
Is it possible to make them look cute with shorts?

Enlighten me please.

This should go without saying but this is meant to be a lighthearted conversation

Yes, they are that comfortable and in all the styles I have tried. My husband swears by the boat shoe looking ones. Look at the various styles, some of them look great with shorts. I have flip flops that I love.

That said, some of the crazy colored original style ones don't look good with anything but gardening dirt.

I wear them around my place now. I do remember wearing them a couple times to WDW and they were awesome, especially for those afternoon thunderstorms!! They dry quickly!
I also used to wear them to work back when that was the in thing in hospitals! They were always quite comfy. :dogdance:

I started wearing the originals when I was diagnosed with bone spurs and they really worked. There are so many styles that aren't clunky like the originals.
Look for the sexy flip sandal, I love them so comfortable.

Their flip flops and slide sandals are quite comfortable and honestly won't look all that different from people that wear other flip flops or slides. Whether you think these are appropriate wear or not... well, ymmv on that.

Traditional crocs are good around the house and I think good for kitchen wear.

Now the Crocs sandals... are not great. I wore them on a trip to WDW/USF and developed a blister from wearing them on the first day. Wore socks/running shoes for my remaining park days. I thought it was an outlier but the same thing happened on a trip to Canada's Wonderland. It was a bit surprising as I'd never had issues with the flip flops. But lesson learned - I switched back to Keen sandals and I've been fine.

I have always wondered about Crocs (the cloggy ones) when I see lots of people walking around WDW in them. I mean, they're rubber or plastic aren't they? Some swear by them for all the walking, but I would think your feet would sweat and you'd get friction blisters. I never could wear those 'Jelly' shoes when they were in style when I was a teenager back in the Stone Age for that reason.

My kids have worn Crocs almost exclusively their whole lives. They are teens now and still love them. We live in Southern California so they wear them year round. They just wear the classic clog or the ones with the retro stripe on the side. They wear them to Disneyland and have no issues walking several miles in them. They only wear running shoes when they have to for working out or PE at school. They love their crocs, and honestly, I love how cheap they are. They last a long time! My youngest (14) loves the bright colors and my older son just gets black or navy most of the time. They both have flat, wide feet, and say they are more comfortable than shoes.

I have a pair of clogs for around the house (we have ceremic tile throughout and it's too hard to walk barefoot on). I also have some crocs flips that I wear around the house in summer (the clogs make my feet sweat too much).

My kids loved the knock offs from Kmart. They wore them until they outgrew kid sizes. I have owned 1 pair of Crocs. I wore them during my 2nd pregnancy. Perfect for pregnancy, but I wouldn't be caught dead in them now.

crocs.....best thing since slice bread....and you know how long that aisle is at the grocery store. The more you pay for the type of rubber shoe, the more you will be pleased..#4.00 walmart pairs have very thin soles, so not ideal for outdoors. I own an orginal crocs and wal-mart pair, so orginal sole lasted longer. so great for patio, pool. house, . A very thin fellow wears them on gravel when prepping our yearly outdoor rummage sale ( so big can be seen from the space station), very rugged ground surface, yet he does fine, the only person I have seen wearing them for rugged wear. because I am 300 pounds, I cannot wear them to the grocery store, but great for car travel, in large van, I have space for foot pedal driving. So not ideal for comprised bodies that need support. And folks don't decorate the holes. Bought a whole bag of snoot beattle bugs for crocs to sell at flea market, no one wants them and I see few folks wearing decor. Once tread is gone, very dangerous on wet concrete or tiles or floors without texture, like a parking lot.

The ONLY place I wear crocs is Disney. I know when they come out of the closet, we're going to Disney! (I might have worn them in Universal a few times ) They are HIDEOUS! But they are the ONLY comfortable shoes my poor old bunions can stand for all the walking we do at the parks. Per my steps app, I averaged 24000 each day on our last trip, often more. They can get totally wet on rainy days or water rides, and no problems, except maybe some chafing near the strap. My bunions are really, really bad. In general I only wear a handful of other shoe brands (New balance wide, Dansko, Naot, birkenstocks, maybe Clarks, depending, and they're also pretty clunky and ugly,)
I got some glittery, aqua blue Frozen themed ones a couple years back. I am tempted to get the Haunted Mansion ones. love that theme/ride. I have one pink pair, and the blue ones (one of our kitties has some weird croc fetish, and chewed up my other pair,) kids USED to wear crocs in the the parks but just don't any more. They prefer tennis shoes.

I would love to wear crocs, but they are all so wide that I could fit both of my narrow feet in one croc.

They are really just a trendy brand name for what most others call sandals/slides or flip-flops. Personally, not my style of footwear, but just depends on what you like.

Definitely not the softest.
But, they are one of the easiest to clean.

I, personally, cannot find myself to wear them out for errands. Fine on the kids, but they just look goofy, as in oversized, when it comes to adult versions IMO.

I just bought my first pair (couldn’t resist the Haunted Mansion ones). I bought them to wear as slippers around the house. I usually wore flip flops. I was amazed at how comfortable they are, and how good the arch support is. They are well ventilated and my feet don’t sweat in them. I won’t be wearing them for regular shoes, but for wearing around the house, to the mailbox, etc., they are great.

I still have a pair that I bought at one of their outlet stores over a decade ago. My pair is silver and made in Canada. Not sure if they still have any production outside of Asia. I don't necessarily wear them outside, but I now put them in my garage and put them on when I take out the garbage or sometimes if I'm just driving to drop off mail. Over the years they've lost some of their hardware. The little plastic thingies broke off and one is completely missing the strap. Once I just filled an online form to get free replacement parts, although I believe they can replace those at their stores. Not sure if it's free or at a nominal price. I've brough mine to Hawaii and I didn't feel out of place wearing them on the beach. There was even a Crocs store in Waikiki.

My kid has worn Crocs over the years. They were usually outgrown before they were worn out. More recently we got knockoffs.

Years ago I was reading about Crocs and how they would be able to sustain their business when they generally lasted so long. They don't have a whole lot of things to break other than their hardware, and one can wear them a really long time before the soles wear out. Even without the hardware, they're just fine to wear. The other issue is competing with all the knockoffs. They have their own proprietary formula for the foam, but other companies seem to have a close approximation.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/shortcuts/2014/jul/23/crocs-not-only-clothes-last-lifetime

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter