Realistically how many characters can you meet on Castaway Cay?

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Just wondering how many do you think you and get to? Mickey is my #1 priority in his beach wear as last time I missed him by 5 minutes and was so upset by it!

Any suggestions on how to meet the most characters?

twoprincesses12

Mouseketeer
I don’t know if we were “right places right time” on a recent CC stop, but we had a great character stop as we arrived and a really great Dance Party experience with many characters (including laid back island style Mickey). Now that I know the ways of the DCL, check your Navigator!

• Disney Cruise Line Shipboard Credits up to $1000!
    Just make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel and you’ll receive up to $1000 in shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!
    Click Here for Details

Already have a Disney Cruise Line reservation booked?
    If you booked your DCL reservation within the last 30 days, Email us (DreamsCruise@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com) to see if we can save you money, apply a Shipboard Credit, or recieve our Exclusive Gift!
    *Deposit paid. Not paid in full. Other Restrictions Apply.

• AngelDisney

Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)
    In January 2019 sailing wth the Magic, we met Daisy, Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Stitch at Castaway Cay. We checked the greeting times and went to meet them intentionally. We didn’t do any excursion that time and just relaxed at the Serenity Bay until the sky turned all grey. It was raining dogs and cats before we were able to get back onto the ship.

EmilyS92003

Earning My Ears
    Check your navigator but usually you can meet 2 characters who have meets at the same time just a few feet apart and usually after 15 minutes those 2 characters switch to 2 different ones so that way you can get 4 in around 30 minutes

tlprice

DIS Veteran
    We have usually met 4 characters at Mt. Rustmore with little to no wait (got there at the end of one group's time and waited a little for the second group). The line at the post office usually is much longer so we skip that one. My daughter usually insists that we wait to meet Captain Jack Sparrow though--he's her favorite!

Bella29

Mouseketeer
    The navigator will list the time for Mickey in his beach outfit, get there ten minutes early and you will be golden. There are usually 4 scheduled character times in that same place within a half hour or so , so you easily hit them all. I think Jack Sparrow is often scheduled on the boardwalk as well.

Once we ran into Olaf, but I don't think it was scheduled, over by the waterslides. I was so excited as I had never "met" him before!! :) I'm not sure how often he is there.

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
    The navigator will list the time for Mickey in his beach outfit, get there ten minutes early and you will be golden. There are usually 4 scheduled character times in that same place within a half hour or so , so you easily hit them all. I think Jack Sparrow is often scheduled on the boardwalk as well.

Once we ran into Olaf, but I don't think it was scheduled, over by the waterslides. I was so excited as I had never "met" him before!! :) I'm not sure how often he is there.
    Thanks so much!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES