Realistically how many characters can you meet on Castaway Cay?

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Just wondering how many do you think you and get to? Mickey is my #1 priority in his beach wear as last time I missed him by 5 minutes and was so upset by it!

Any suggestions on how to meet the most characters?

I don’t know if we were “right places right time” on a recent CC stop, but we had a great character stop as we arrived and a really great Dance Party experience with many characters (including laid back island style Mickey). Now that I know the ways of the DCL, check your Navigator!

In January 2019 sailing wth the Magic, we met Daisy, Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Stitch at Castaway Cay. We checked the greeting times and went to meet them intentionally. We didn’t do any excursion that time and just relaxed at the Serenity Bay until the sky turned all grey. It was raining dogs and cats before we were able to get back onto the ship.

Check your navigator but usually you can meet 2 characters who have meets at the same time just a few feet apart and usually after 15 minutes those 2 characters switch to 2 different ones so that way you can get 4 in around 30 minutes

We have usually met 4 characters at Mt. Rustmore with little to no wait (got there at the end of one group's time and waited a little for the second group). The line at the post office usually is much longer so we skip that one. My daughter usually insists that we wait to meet Captain Jack Sparrow though--he's her favorite!

The navigator will list the time for Mickey in his beach outfit, get there ten minutes early and you will be golden. There are usually 4 scheduled character times in that same place within a half hour or so , so you easily hit them all. I think Jack Sparrow is often scheduled on the boardwalk as well.

Once we ran into Olaf, but I don't think it was scheduled, over by the waterslides. I was so excited as I had never "met" him before!! :) I'm not sure how often he is there.

The navigator will list the time for Mickey in his beach outfit, get there ten minutes early and you will be golden. There are usually 4 scheduled character times in that same place within a half hour or so , so you easily hit them all. I think Jack Sparrow is often scheduled on the boardwalk as well.

Once we ran into Olaf, but I don't think it was scheduled, over by the waterslides. I was so excited as I had never "met" him before!! :) I'm not sure how often he is there.

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter