Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@flyingdumbo127 Good thoughts that you can find a good plan to move forward with your health care. It should be this difficult but unfortunately it is a broken system.

Good morning. It is still raining here. It should stop later this morning. I am working 4 hours today. Kenny's kids will be here for a few hours while Kenny goes into work for a bit. They will be on their computers while I work and then I think we will make cupcakes for Easter dinner tomorrow. If the rain stops we can take a walk around. I had dinner with Kenny and family last night. Dino nuggets and french fries. Yum! They were just back from vacation so just pulled something out of the freezer. There was salad so there was a veggie.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good morning! We see the sun this morning. Yesterday my cousin sent this picture of their area around sunset. It was still drizzling there, in Salisbury MD. Eerie, I think.

1711712350212.jpeg

Today our pond gets its “Spring Cleaning!!

It’s the Phillies Home Opener!

Plus it’s Good Friday.🙏

Happy Friday!:banana:

Working from home today and clocking out at noon, I have to take Mitchell somewhere so I'm only going to work 1/2 day :thumbsup2. I'm off tomorrow too so I think I'm going to do my spring cleaning. I'm trying to cut back on my spending so I don't want to go out b/c I would definitely end up shopping somewhere.:sad2:

The Reds indeed won yesterday!:cheer2: I made it home and turned on the game just in time to see one of our guys hit a homerun. Then he hit another homerun at his next at-bat. Tomorrow is "Kids Opening Day" so that will be a lot of fun at the ballpark.

Bobbiwoz - good luck to your Phillies.⚾

i have to work on Easter but I'm not going in until 12:00 so I'm meeting up with Jacob & Mitchell (and the girls) for brunch. Evan and his group are headed to North Carolina to visit a friend. I need to stop today and grab some $1 lottery tickets for their Easter baskets.🐰

Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning! We see the sun this morning. Yesterday my cousin sent this picture of their area around sunset. It was still drizzling there, in Salisbury MD. Eerie, I think.

View attachment 846292

Plus it’s Good Friday.🙏

View attachment 846292

Plus it’s Good Friday.🙏
Bobbi--Small world, my stepson Luke and his family live in Salisbury too! That was a gorgeous sunset sky

Good sunny morning.. Calling for rain tomorrow, but today will be gorgeous.

Got everything done I needed to yesterday. Had lunch at the chinese buffet, stopped at Lowes for the chairs, and did a few other errands. The table I got off Wayfair should be here today. But it's very windy and I'm not putting the new set out yet.

I'm not a fan of ham, and I don't feel like lamb, so I got another small corned beef for Easter. If I'm going to break with all traditions, I may as well do it on Easter too. I'm making a Marshmallow Chocolate Poke Cake today, keeping a couple of pieces for myself and Summer is going to pick up the rest of it for the kids. I have been dying to make it, but I do not want to be tempted by having a 9 x 13 pan of it sitting in front of me. It's hard to believe that my oldest grandson is 24 today. He was born 1 1/2 weeks after I moved here to MD. Time really does fly.

I hope you all have a peaceful Good Friday. Mona, I hope your Dad's feet feel better soon.

1711720755339.png

Hello everyone, sorry I haven’t posted in so long, it has been kind of crazy around here. I always follow along just don’t post as often as I should.

My son had to move home. He came home one day to his apartment and it smelled “funny”. He ended up calling the gas company and they were there very quickly, there was a very dangerous carbon monoxide leak. The fire department knocked all the other doors in the building down. They said if he had stayed 45 min longer he would not have been able to walk out.

They inspected after turning off the gas and the furnace had large holes in it. They won’t turn the gas back on until it is taken care of. I’m not making any accusations but, the downstairs elderly man died in the house about a month earlier. Makes me wonder.

When he talked to the landlord he was yelled at for calling the authorities and allowing them to knock down the doors, like he could have stopped them.
When he was told that Sam was moving out he said but you have to give notice. He was asked what he expected, it is inhabitable without heat and water. He is such a slum lord😡 On his website he talks about being a Christian and buying property so that people can have someplace affordable to live🙄

Hope everyone has a nice Easter weekend.

It's hard to believe that my oldest grandson is 24 today.
Happy B'day to him!

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll copy and paste the recipe
Oh my, that looks fabulous!
Enjoying my trip but having all these people is exhausting!!
:tongue:
My son had to move home.
Wow - good thing he recognized something was wrong.

Left NC at 5:30ish this AM, hit a bit of traffic around DC ( I usually go via Waldorf MD to Richmond but decided to go up 95 N instead ) but was back in the office by a bit after 1PM.
Husband headed down to his brothers for a hour or two of visiting w/ his folks. I'll have a cold one waiting for him when he gets home, he'll need it:rolleyes:. Dinner tonight will be a bit of a grab bag of items. Crackers & cheese, the last bit of fries in the freezer, some shrimp and ????? Probably a salad.
In the fun news category, my name is on the list of 2024 hurricane names. My eldest son is listed on the 2028 name list, and my younger son bears the name of a BAD storm in recent history, and Dorian is what propelled my folks to have to move back stateside from the Bahamas so hopefully we aren't bad luck!

IMG_3205.jpeg

Happy fish! The worker said one koi looks as if she will lay eggs soon. If she does she will do so on a shelf in the pond. One shelf is on the right and there’s another one out of the picture on the left. We only have two koi, and if the other is a male, he will then fertilize the eggs. We have a total of 19 fish, the others are goldfish. Our oldest goldfish is about 15 years old.

Huge hug dear Dazed and thank God your son is safe! Wow. How terrible. Prayers for the family of the elderly man. May it bring you some extra peace to have this time closer with your son:hug:

Lynn :bday:to your grandson. Happy always to dear you, you know that.

Easyas🙏for a safe :car:. Enjoy your dinner, my friend.

Happy :fish:indeed dear Bobbi! Thank you for sharing.

@dazedx3 Good thing your son recognized the issue. The landlord is so wrong on so many issues. What is your son supposed to do in an inhabitable building?

Lynn Happy Birthday to your DGS.

@bobbiwoz Lovely pond. It looks so peaceful and serene.

EasyAs Safe travels.

Good morning. It is a cold and blustery start to the day. It should go to around 50. I went to Wegman's early to get a few items. I saw a small bunch of red tulips with yellow tips so put them in the cart. At checkout the cashier rang up the grapes twice. She told me the manager was in the back office and it would take time for her to come out. She asked me if I would mind if she did not ring up the tulips and gave them to me. She was kind to do that and I look at it as some kind of sign. The tulips were more than double the cost of the grapes. Today I go to Jeff's for Easter dinner. I drive myself as Kenny's car only fits the 4 of them. Not really happy about it but it is what it is. I have the Easter baskets for Jeff's family and the desserts to bring. Tomorrow I will stop off quickly at Kenny's to drop off their baskets. They are going to his GF's family for Easter. Jeff and family go to Aimee's family for dinner.

Kenny's kids were here yesterday for the morning. They did well playing on their computers and we made cupcakes. I had them decorate 4 for them to take home for dessert last night. Kenny came to get them and put up a picture for me. I didn't want to stand on the couch by myself to put it up. It is a heavy couch I cannot move. I can't risk falling. It is Pooh and Piglet walking together with a saying about always being with you. I love it.

Have a good Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter