POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times

camaker

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
how does the 10k start ? do they just have different start group for sub 8min ,8-12min and over 12min mile . my 15yo son is doing 10km star wars weekend next year ( im doing the 21km )
You are placed in a corral based on the estimated pace you entered during registration. There are typically around 3-4 corrals for the 10k that are started in unsorted “mini waves” to spread the runners out at the start.

Thecouch

Mouseketeer
When you enter details and link for proof of time do you get a update saying the time was accepted or what start group your in. I just put in a 10k at 52.34 for the star wars weekend half marathon

DopeyBadger

Imagathoner
When you enter details and link for proof of time do you get a update saying the time was accepted or what start group your in. I just put in a 10k at 52.34 for the star wars weekend half marathon
You don't get a confirmation that your time was accepted or your projected corral. I suggest taking a screenshot of the inputted information prior to the cutoff date just so you have proof that you did in fact submit one. Given the recent past corral assignments, I would estimate you will be in corral B for the HM. You will find out officially what corral you are in once the waivers come out which is usually 2-3 weeks prior to the race weekend.

• rdelar01

Do or Do Not...There is No Try
    I see that TrackShack/runDisney requires a USATF course for the POTs...How strict are they with that policy?

bumbershoot

DIS Veteran
    I see that TrackShack/runDisney requires a USATF course for the POTs...How strict are they with that policy?
    Where are you reading that?

All I see (looking on the policies page for Star Wars) is

“We do not accept relays, self-timed, training, trail runs or virtual runs as proof of time. Proof of time must be provided by the participant for each individual race from an officially timed 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon race reflecting results within the last 2 years....

A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following: Name of Race, Distance, City, State, Date, Finish time, Link to Results.”

DopeyBadger

Imagathoner
    Based on the past, they are not strict with it whatsoever. Essentially they just want a race that has been timed and has online results. If you want a true confirmatory answer though you can always send them an email.

Where are you reading that?

All I see (looking on the policies page for Star Wars) is

“We do not accept relays, self-timed, training, trail runs or virtual runs as proof of time. Proof of time must be provided by the participant for each individual race from an officially timed 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon race reflecting results within the last 2 years....

A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following: Name of Race, Distance, City, State, Date, Finish time, Link to Results.”
    Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 12.47.49 PM.png

It's at the end of the race specific screen where "Proof of Time Guidelines" is a drop-down choice.

• rdelar01

Do or Do Not...There is No Try
    Based on the past, they are not strict with it whatsoever. Essentially they just want a race that has been timed and has online results. If you want a true confirmatory answer though you can always send them an email.
    You are correct, @DopeyBadger . Here is the email reply:

Thank you for reaching out. As long as the event was officially timed, has official results (which you have provided), and was accurately measured then you would be all set. All you would have to do is enter your proof into your registration prior to the deadline which is January 21, 2020 for the Star Wars Rival Run Weekend. We provided steps below to assist you. Please note that once the deadline passes, no updates will be accepted.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates