Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

Ooh, TWO updates today! I thought as I'm continuing my PLL binge I'd also continue my break from work to finish up our HS time. We ended our One Man's Dream time with a short preview of "Aladdin" - Steve and I thought it looked good (and it was) but a Kari downer in our group wasn't so pleased with what she saw #disneytraitor The rain had lightened up considerably although not totally; we all had a FP for Slinky but at 2 different times so to wait that out and stay dry and to quench our thirst after our playtime we hit up Tune In Lounge:

IMG_1972 (1).JPG

Which was of course packed due to the weather but we first found seats at this table and then the bar. Is the Mule Steve's or Kelly's? Any of you who regularly read my reports knows the answer :thumbsup2 Kelly had water I think or seltzer but we let her hang with us anyway

IMG_1815.JPG

We hung there quite awhile and were eventually joined by Fallon @fallonkendra and her husband Luke, both of whom are totally cool enough to have hung with us in OMD however they'd been waiting out the rain at their resort I believe and had recently arrived in the park. They bore Canadian gifts by way of Ketchup potato chips and a special hot chocolate for Kari's Casey?? And before we parted ways we took some shots by Echo Lake:

IMG_1816.JPG

IMG_1821.JPG

I'm guessing Luke was at a bit more of a straight on angle and Steve was to the side lol. We said our good-bye's and went to our Slinky FP

slinkymay.jpg

and left HS - our last park of the trip 😥 But we had an unexpectedly incredible final night ahead of us!

IMG_1831.JPG

Our plans originally had been to split up: Steve and I were going to Flying Fish with @Jenny Sanders and her hubby Joe while Kari and Kelly I think were up in the air. During brunch Jenny cancelled FF because we knew while we would want to eat something later there was pretty much no way we'd be up for a huge signature meal! As we left HS we were still kind of up in the air however Kelly @buzzrelly kindly offered to take us up to the Top Of The World Lounge as she's DVC! None of us had ever been there before so we decided it would be a big YES! I texted Melinda @pepperandchips to see if her and R wanted to join us but they had park plans that probably wouldn't get them there in time so we agreed to meet up later. More on our final night soon I promise!

Did we annoy anyone else trying to enjoy some Walt memorabilia? Possibly. Did we care? That would be a no. Did we have an awesome time being silly grown ups together? ::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes:: Seriously making great memories with great DIS friends :love:
Umm, I hope so. LOL!

@buzzrelly kindly offered to take us up to the Top Of The World Lounge as she's DVC! None of us had ever been there before so we decided it would be a big YES!
This would DEFINITELY be another one of my fav evenings during our Epic Trip!!!!

just haven't let me get much DIS time since we got back from our July 4th trip- which was pretty good and I'm really glad I can check spending that holiday in WDW off my bucket list as well as a few other things!

I can't wait to hear about it!

But now I have a chance to update and this one is going to be, fun :bitelip:

I've been both dreading and looking forward to this update for a long time! :laughing::sad:

Steve had split from us to get me a soda (good Steve) and Kelly went right in and started taking pictures - I'm thinking she'd either never been here or hadn't been for awhile?

I go in every trip! And take the same million pictures! :rotfl:

There's a few more but I think you get the gist of our time with Walt on this rainy afternoon. Did we annoy anyone else trying to enjoy some Walt memorabilia? Possibly. Did we care? That would be a no. Did we have an awesome time being silly grown ups together? ::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes:: Seriously making great memories with great DIS friends :love:

OMG, that was so much fun! But those pictures…cringe! Ha!

As we left HS we were still kind of up in the air however Kelly @buzzrelly kindly offered to take us up to the Top Of The World Lounge as she's DVC! None of us had ever been there before so we decided it would be a big YES!

Anytime anyone wants to join me up there, be my guest! That was my first time actually spending any time in there and I would love to go again!

There's a few more but I think you get the gist of our time with Walt on this rainy afternoon. Did we annoy anyone else trying to enjoy some Walt memorabilia? Possibly. Did we care? That would be a no. Did we have an awesome time being silly grown ups together? ::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes:: Seriously making great memories with great DIS friends :love:
Dying here.....those pictures are hilarious!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
As we left HS we were still kind of up in the air however Kelly @buzzrelly kindly offered to take us up to the Top Of The World Lounge as she's DVC! None of us had ever been there before so we decided it would be a big YES!
Fun!! I am scheming about possible DVC membership as renting points was a big win for us. Have you ever considered it?

I can't wait to hear about it!
I swear I am going to finish this up this week and get going on the July 4th one!
I've been both dreading and looking forward to this update for a long time! :laughing::sad:
:rotfl2: and I have been dying to post it lol! Really the best day of the trip I think from this point through the end
Anytime anyone wants to join me up there, be my guest! That was my first time actually spending any time in there and I would love to go again!
You should make it a point to go up every trip and bring the family, it has to be the best (or close to it) perk of DVC!
Dying here.....those pictures are hilarious!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
LOL we had such a fun time for a rained out day. It's great to act like kids and not care what others think sometimes!
Fun!! I am scheming about possible DVC membership as renting points was a big win for us. Have you ever considered it?
You know we have, and still do occasionally. Especially before I was a TA but now I get such great discounts it kind of doesn't make sense financially. Possibly when I decide to quit lol but for now we'll take my 50% off! We did rent points quite often before I was a TA also and boy did we save that way; back in 2011 we stayed for 8 nights at BWV over Thanksgiving for less than $750 in a 1 bedroom!

I left off a long time ago exiting TOT with my fraidy cat fellow riders managing not to pee themselves ( I think).
You are correct. That was the previous night :P

I am literally on my couch dying laughing and crying at the same time and Jason cannot figure out *** I am doing! The whole trip was amazing, but this was so randomly wonderful it was one of my favorite. I'm sure everyone in there hated us, but so much fun.

We ended our One Man's Dream time with a short preview of "Aladdin" - Steve and I thought it looked good (and it was) but a Kari downer in our group wasn't so pleased with what she saw #disneytraitor
And dare I say I believe the Rotten Tomatoes critics have affirmed that only one of us was right :earboy2:

hey bore Canadian gifts by way of Ketchup potato chips and a special hot chocolate for Kari's Casey??
St. Louis chips and hot chocolate. Get it right!!!

As we left HS we were still kind of up in the air however Kelly @buzzrelly kindly offered to take us up to the Top Of The World Lounge as she's DVC! None of us had ever been there before so we decided it would be a big YES! I
This was so awesome!!!! I'm shocked Kelly wasn't concerned she'd lose her DVC membership lugging us up there though!

It usually ends up being the nights that aren't totally planned ahead of time that are the best:hug:
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Which is why we both make no plans ♥

IMG_1972 (1).JPG

HA HA I had to laugh as I did a double take at the bong on the table.

I'm so jealous I could only hope that I could enjoy this with Kelly @buzzrelly in the future.

I am literally on my couch dying laughing and crying at the same time and Jason cannot figure out *** I am doing! The whole trip was amazing, but this was so randomly wonderful it was one of my favorite. I'm sure everyone in there hated us, but so much fun.
I kind of wish I'd looked around more at what others were thinking/how they were looking at us just so I could laugh at them 8-) We had so many good times and every night hanging out was awesome but this is the day/night I think of the most :love:
And dare I say I believe the Rotten Tomatoes critics have affirmed that only one of us was right :earboy2:
Well your tomatoes aside I just read an article on FB that ranked all Disney's live action remakes in order and Aladdin was #6 out of 11 so there are worse! And you know it's right if it's on the internet......
St. Louis chips and hot chocolate. Get it right!!!
Duh why wouldn't I right away think St. Louis chips from CANADA???
HA HA I had to laugh as I did a double take at the bong on the table.
:rotfl2:OMG I don't think I noticed that at the time but that's exactly what it looks like! Kari @kastoney did you notice that?
I think we do :rotfl: And it looks like it was an awesome way to wait out the rain. Walt probably never experienced so much... entertainment :laughing:
Well we did leave our clothes on and I've heard some funky stuff has gone on in the dark rides so he may have seen a little more lol but considering he had kids I'm sure he understand adults acting out!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Lots of fun things went on here the last few days that really add up to an EPIC update. First on Friday the 19th we welcomed our 2nd grandchild - this time a grandson :earsboy: to join our granddaughter :earsgirl: For now his mom would prefer he stay off social media but.....well, you can't really see his face in this picture! You can however see how happy Steve is and how happy our son Eric (a.k.a dad) is: (and Uncle Ricky too)

IMG_3082.JPG

Carter Paul was born the day after his dad's 28th birthday :-)
Fast forward to today; those of you who have followed my reports the last couple years will know what a HUGE deal this is when I tell you that after 1 year,10 months and 6 days, Ricky was finally cleared by his surgeon today after more hard work, effort, dedication and perseverance than the majority of teens I know would be able to put forth in recovering from his 2 ACL injuries!!! I cannot tell you what this means to all of us; it's like we were under water for almost 2 years and can now finally breathe again.

In Disney news Steve and I decided to add something new to our Sept. trip!

hhn1.jpg

OK so it's not really Disney but it's Florida related as opposed to NY. I am super duper stoked for this as I'm a HUGE horror fan and I didn't think he'd be in to doing this because while he'll watch horror flicks with me, in general he can take or leave them. We'll be doing it on the 15th and we may stay on Uni property that night but we haven't pulled the plug there yet.......

Now to another EPIC happening, our final night of the EPIC trip! Our "crew" were at the Top of the World Lounge - Steve and I, Jenny and Joe, Kelly and Kari and were taking in the amazing views:

IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

IMG_1840.JPGIMG_1832.JPG

And then headed in for some pre-HEA snacks and of course, drinks:

IMG_1885.JPG

IMG_1886 (1).JPG

IMG_1887.JPG

I know we all had combinations of flatbreads and nachos (so many nachos this trip it was beautiful!) and I swear Steve has shrimp; continued in next post!

Attachments

• IMG_1837.JPG
    IMG_1837.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 0
And we continued to hang. laugh. make noise and try not to get kicked out:

IMG_1888.JPG

If you haven't had the privilege of hanging out up here it is truly a wonder. You feel special, the drinks and snacks are great not to mention the views and on this particular night it wasn't crowded at all so a really nice change; just another "new"thing to do even after all the times we've all been :goodvibes
When it came time to go out to get a spot for HEA our server put a "reserved" tag on our table so we wouldn't lose it and we went outside where it was a bit chilly; enough to bring water to @Jenny Sanders eyes (was she crying over HEA??? Nah......)

IMG_1884.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

Yes the music is piped in folks. We returned to our table to finish/order another drink before returning to WL. But the night wasn't over yet! Besides meeting up with Mr. and Mrs. @pepperandchips we were once again being graced with the presence of the beautiful Ms. Billie @Elevationist and her roomie Sara @IowaTater who if I haven't said yet I am SO glad to have met :love2: And where were we spending our last few hours together?

IMG_1892.JPG

Geyser Point of course!

Same picture but with a stalker in the back:

IMG_1900.JPG

We don't want this to end!!!!

IMG_1974.JPG

We all got drinks and I think someone besides myself may have eaten: Steve and Kari may have shared the edamame. I got something Jenny kept telling me about and akin to what I'd been eating for 75% of this trip; not nachos but sorta

Cheesy Barbecue Brisket
with House-made Chips

IMG_1883.JPG

Interrupting this TR to say this WILL be something I'll order again!
I'm pretty sure our girl gang and these 3 Muskateers closed down the bar again:

IMG_1897.JPG

If any of you still aren't sure after reading ALL the EPIC TR's who these handsome dudes are, that's Mr. me. Mr. @pepperandchips and the always dapper Mr. @Jenny Sanders who were all very patient with us not to mention FUN during our whole shebang ♥

But like all good things the night eventually had to come to an end; we made sure we dragged it out as much as possible and no, we weren't happy about it but we sure were happy we'd all been there:

IMG_1906.JPG

While many of us knew when our next trip was and who we may be running in to on that trip it was an awesome surprise that we got to see the pepperchips earlier this month!!!

I will be back to wrap up this almost year old TR once and for all!

First on Friday the 19th we welcomed our 2nd grandchild -
Congrats to all of you!

Ricky was finally cleared by his surgeon today
Great news. I can only imagine how tough it’s been recovering.

am super duper stoked for this as I'm a HUGE horror fan
I have to admit that’s one thing I have no interest in. I never got into horror movies at all.

It looks like a great night at TOTWL, definitely a good place to try going if I can.

You couldn’t have summed up that night better. It was awesome and one of my favs of the entire trip.:love2:

Congrats again to you young, hip and ever stylish new grandparents. I’m so happy for you and Steve.

Fast forward to today; those of you who have followed my reports the last couple years will know what a HUGE deal this is when I tell you that after 1 year,10 months and 6 days, Ricky was finally cleared by his surgeon today after more hard work, effort, dedication and perseverance than the majority of teens I know would be able to put forth in recovering from his 2 ACL injuries!!! I cannot tell you what this means to all of us; it's like we were under water for almost 2 years and can now finally breathe again.
Oh my gosh, this is the best news ever! We are so happy for you guys, especially Ricky. What an awesome grade 12 year ahead of him, being able to do what he loves!
Carter Paul was born the day after his dad's 28th birthday :-)
Congratulations!!!!
Now to another EPIC happening, our final night of the EPIC trip! Our "crew" were at the Top of the World Lounge - Steve and I, Jenny and Joe, Kelly and Kari and were taking in the amazing views:
It is gorgeous up there!
Geyser Point of course!
No better spot!

Those views are so amazing! Breathtaking.

And also, hooray for a new grandbaby :hug: . And yay for Ricky's clearance! I know it has been a LONG road!

Last edited:
You can however see how happy Steve is and how happy our son Eric (a.k.a dad) is: (and Uncle Ricky too)

IMG_3082.JPG
Same picture but with a stalker in the back:

IMG_1900.JPG
Steve does look like a creaper in this picture but he also looks so happy.

You guys looked like you had a great trip and really all got along like old friends.

IMG_1883.JPG

Interrupting this TR to say this WILL be something I'll order again!
Soooooo good!!! The only problem with this is that it is too small! ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!