Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

Congratulations on the new grandbaby. My hubby and I do HHN every year. Last year we stayed at Saphire Falls. We didn't do the parks so didn't need the hotel express passes but loved the boat ride back after a long trip through the houses. Plus the bar/lounge has terrific strong drinks...surely worth the name StrongWater Tavern.:drinking1

So fun..we LOVE the TOTWL and I look for any chance to visit there during our trips. It's probably my favorite DVC perk...and that view is so awesome!

Congrats on the new grandson. How fun!

First on Friday the 19th we welcomed our 2nd grandchild - this time a grandson :earsboy:
Congratulations to you all! How very, very exciting :goodvibes

after 1 year,10 months and 6 days, Ricky was finally cleared by his surgeon today after more hard work, effort, dedication and perseverance than the majority of teens I know would be able to put forth in recovering from his 2 ACL injuries!!!
Eeeeee!!!! Oh Ariane, I am SO happy to hear this. It's been such a long time, and I'm sure you are so proud of Ricky for his dedication and determination - after all, without it, you probably wouldn't be sharing this AMAZING news! We are all so proud of him and can't wait to follow him on his basketball journey in the years ahead :goodvibes:goodvibes

Great ending to an EPIC trip! :thumbsup2

Congratulations to you on the birth of your new grandson! Oh my goodness, how exciting! And then the news about Ricky? That's so fantastic! After all this time and all his hard work, he must be so happy!

You forgot this little gem in your last post.....

ou can however see how happy Steve is and how happy our son Eric (a.k.a dad) is: (and Uncle Ricky too)

IMG_3082.JPG
Wow, they all look so happy!!! And I cannot believe how much hair Carter has already!

Fast forward to today; those of you who have followed my reports the last couple years will know what a HUGE deal this is when I tell you that after 1 year,10 months and 6 days, Ricky was finally cleared by his surgeon today after more hard work, effort, dedication and perseverance than the majority of teens I know would be able to put forth in recovering from his 2 ACL injuries!!!
Oh this is the best news for all of you. I am sure he is so anxious to get back on the court!!!!

Next time we take a picture please remind me not to sit in the foreground with my big old blubbery arm front and center :earboy2: Friends should tell friends these things

If you haven't had the privilege of hanging out up here it is truly a wonder. You feel special, the drinks and snacks are great not to mention the views and on this particular night it wasn't crowded at all so a really nice change; just another "new"thing to do even after all the times we've all been :goodvibes
It was the perfect way to end the Epicness. Thanks again Kelly @buzzrelly

enough to bring water to @Jenny Sanders eyes (was she crying over HEA??? Nah......)
It was all the wind, definitely the wind..

Same picture but with a stalker in the back:

IMG_1900.JPG
Love this!

Just show Steve this picture to convince him to come down next month! No chance he can resist all of this sexiness

Attachments

• IMG_7190.jpeg
    IMG_7190.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7190.jpeg
    IMG_7190.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Congrats to all of you!
:thanks: It was a really good few days......
Great news. I can only imagine how tough it’s been recovering.
It's indescribable. You just don't realize how serious an injury it is until it happens and then it takes over your life and effects everyone in the family. But now it' past us and we're all ready to moev on, especially Ricky!
I have to admit that’s one thing I have no interest in. I never got into horror movies at all.
What??? No blood guts and gore? Horror movies are my favorite next to Disney movies!
You couldn’t have summed up that night better. It was awesome and one of my favs of the entire trip.:love2:
:love2:
Congrats again to you young, hip and ever stylish new grandparents. I’m so happy for you and Steve.
Ha! Well it's true I'm a young grandma, no arguing there :snooty:
Oh my gosh, this is the best news ever! We are so happy for you guys, especially Ricky. What an awesome grade 12 year ahead of him, being able to do what he loves!
Thank you 🙏 I was in tears when the Dr said he was "cleared for all sports with no limitations". The BEST words we'd heard in almost 2 years!!!
No better spot!
Isn't it fantastic?? I love Territory Lounge also but sitting outside, by the water.....nothing beats it :goodvibes
And also, hooray for a new grandbaby :hug: . And yay for Ricky's clearance! I know it has been a LONG road!
OMG so long, I felt like we would neevr get out from under that. Grandbabies are great!! And I started reading your PTR but never got around to posting on it yet :scared: but I will and so glad you're planning a trip again!
You guys looked like you had a great trip and really all got along like old friends.
We did ❤ I'm glad you were there too just wish we got to see you more!
Soooooo good!!! The only problem with this is that it is too small! ha.
:laughing: I know it looks small and it's definitely not for a meal, but for a snack or app it's ok sized. especially if you don't share with anyone lol!

Congratulations on your new grandson, so precious!

I would love to do HHN again one of these years, we really enjoyed our time in 2016.

What a fun last evening for all of you, great memories!

Congratulations on the new grandbaby.
Thank you!!!
My hubby and I do HHN every year. Last year we stayed at Saphire Falls. We didn't do the parks so didn't need the hotel express passes but loved the boat ride back after a long trip through the houses. Plus the bar/lounge has terrific strong drinks...surely worth the name StrongWater Tavern.:drinking1
Awesome, are you going this year?

I've stayed at Sapphire Falls for work and enjoyed it; and I agree about the drinks at Strongwater lol! I think we're going to book a night at the HRH for when we do the party. I haven't stayed at any of their deluxe resorts and Steve is interested in that one!
It's probably my favorite DVC perk
I think it would be mine too!
Yay! That's GREAT news!!
I have never waited so long for such good news 🙏 🙏
Love the pictures of your view! Sounds like a fun evening!
It's absolutely gorgeous up there. And I don't think we could have ended our EPIC trip and better :goodvibes
Eeeeee!!!! Oh Ariane, I am SO happy to hear this. It's been such a long time, and I'm sure you are so proud of Ricky for his dedication and determination - after all, without it, you probably wouldn't be sharing this AMAZING news! We are all so proud of him and can't wait to follow him on his basketball journey in the years ahead :goodvibes:goodvibes
Thank you thank you thank you :cheer2:It felt like he would never reach this day! He's continuing his training that he started after finishing P/T and he's back training with the varsity team for the summer; back where he belongs 🧡
Congratulations to you on the birth of your new grandson! Oh my goodness, how exciting! And then the news about Ricky? That's so fantastic! After all this time and all his hard work, he must be so happy!
Thank you Emily :hug: It was really a good few days. And he's thrilled! Wanting to go full force but trying to ease back in :P
In other news I'm cautiously excited that we may get to see each other next month! Steve really wants to get there; just waiting another day or so to finalize plans while we go through dealing with other things.
You forgot this little gem in your last post.....
Oh yeah, thanks 8-) How could I forget hangin' with Cubby, Darlene, the Man himself and the gang??? Yup there I am, teeth and all :wave2:
Just show Steve this picture to convince him to come down next month! No chance he can resist all of this sexiness
I have this pictures saved on every device so I can easily reach it when he needs Disney persuading ;)

We are...staying at Portofino this time. It looks like it will be blast. Enjoy the HRH it is on my list for future stays.
Portofino looks so beautiful, I've gotten to tour it twice! I'd love to stay there and it would be my first choice I think but HRH was Steve's so we went that way lol
I don't think I've said congrats here yet, though I think I saw on FB! Your pics are hilarious!!
thank you! And yes lol that was seriously the "best day ever" :D

Ending our final EPIC night at Geyser Point was really the best way to go out. The next morning was sad; I did get to see Kari again since I had her hot chocolate so she stopped by the room. Steve and I had a fairly early ME pick up but had breakfast at Roaring Fork and also walked around outside and took a few pictures, something I never miss a chance to do at WL:

IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_E1918.JPG

And before going back inside said "see ya later alligator" to this guy hanging on a pipe in the water by GP:

IMG_1914 (1).JPG

Yeah some folks were freaking! We asked a shirt and tie CM type who walked by how long he thought this boy was and he said about 4.5 feet. Now I thought it was cool to see him but he was about 3 feet too big for my liking. The CM commented that yup, guess they'd be "relocating" this one soon!

And that was it, our EPIC trip was sadly a wrap. I was so completely thrilled that we did this and cannot wait until our next EPIC trip
In the meantime I was excited enough that I was going to be seeing EPIC friends Billie @Elevationist and Liesa @Steppesister on our Sept. trip, and then this happened......

So a little over a week ago we found out Steve's mom had a heart attack caused by massive blood clots in her lungs. Things were NOT looking good and his siblings started coming back to NY from their respective states. During this time the AP previews for SWGE were released and while I was helping some of my fellow TA's get in during the "is it live or not" debacle I thought, hmm, wonder if Steve would want to get away sooner???

Many of you know that we know NOTHING about SW
:chewy::darth: OK but we do know who these guys are and my stepson DID clean James Earl Jones's pool the last few summers so there's that! Anyway I figured what the hell and signed us up; what would it hurt? Steve's mom did end up passing away last Friday; we're getting back to normal now. And Steve does indeed like the idea of getting away sooner than Sept. so I did a quick job of booking our resort (CSR) booking flights (Aug 18-21st) and securing places for our children to stay and :tink: we are going to the SWAG preview next month! I know the reason completely sucks but given her prognosis and her last few days my MIL is in a much better place.

The super positive side of all this is that we will be having dinner on arrival night with not one special DIS friend but TWO! We'll be eating in DS with the @kastoney family and well as the @StarWarsMomofGirls! family and we couldn't be more excited! And it looks like we have a very good chance of once again seeing friends Caroline @disneyAndi14, Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey and her DH Steve, @MeghanEmily and her DH "N" who we haven't seen in a few years and also hopefully finally meeting a fellow New Yorker Tracy @Tracy161 !

Thank you all for following along on this Pixie Dusted, EPIC-ly long report of mine, I enjoyed sharing and having you all here. Of course it's just a matter of time before I start my TR from our family July 4th trip so I'll post the link here when it's begun! Take care my friends!

I'm so sorry to hear about Steve's mom. Thinking of you both and your entire family. Please pass along my condolences to Steve :hug:

The super positive side of all this is that we will be having dinner on arrival night with not one special DIS friend but TWO!
Yay! That's awesome!!! :thumbsup2

and also hopefully finally meeting a fellow New Yorker Tracy @Tracy161 !
I certainly hope so, too! Our trips completely overlap, so we'll have to work something out :hyper:

The super positive side of all this is that we will be having dinner on arrival night with not one special DIS friend but TWO! We'll be eating in DS with the @kastoney family and well as the @StarWarsMomofGirls! family and we couldn't be more excited! And it looks like we have a very good chance of once again seeing friends Caroline @disneyAndi14, Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey and her DH Steve, @MeghanEmily and her DH "N" who we haven't seen in a few years and also hopefully finally meeting a fellow New Yorker Tracy @Tracy161 !
I hope you guys are all doing a bit better now. I have been thinking of you all through such a difficult time. Having a weekend getaway for just the two f you and a chance to do the previews is awesome! Plus it'll give you a chance to go to check out the new properties being built in Golden Oaks...... :)

I'm so sorry about your MIL. Sending lots of love and healing vibes to you and Steve and your family.

I hope we get the chance to meet!! I'm excited for you that you were able to work another trip into your plans and you'll be able to see so many good friends! My Star Wars knowledge is probably about the same as yours, but I'm still excited to do the preview :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter