Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL! My condolences to you, Steve, and your family. :hug:

I think a Disney trip is just the right medicine for all of this sadness. I'm sure it will be great for you and Steve to immerse yourself in the magic - even some Star Wars magic! What an extra bit of pixie dust that you'll have a chance to see so many DISers! :goodvibes

I'm sorry for your loss. I know Disney was such a healing experience for my Mom after my Grandpa (her Dad) passed away earlier this year so I hope it will be the same for the both of you!

DH and I will just miss you :( we are ALSO going for a quick August trip (and have our long September trip haha) but we will be there 8/15-8/18!

And before going back inside said "see ya later alligator" to this guy hanging on a pipe in the water by GP:

IMG_1914 (1).JPG
OMG how did I miss this!!!! I would freaked out. Gators should not exist in nature

Many of you know that we know NOTHING about SW :chewy::darth: OK but we do know who these guys are and my stepson DID clean James Earl Jones's pool the last few summers so there's that!
Well now that is pretty cool. I'm so with you in the Star Wars club (though I have seen all the movies) but as I'm sure you know Jason is beside himself!!!

We'll be eating in DS with the @kastoney family and well as the @StarWarsMomofGirls! family and we couldn't be more excited!
Oh I hate why you are coming but I cannot wait to see you!

First I want to thank everyone for your kinds words regarding Steve's mom ❤ I'm hoping most of you don't know yet what it is to lose a parent but I know reality is that some of you do; I don't yet know what it is to lose both parents but I know that has to be so much worse and that's where Steve is at but for such a strong willed, hard-headed Italian lady from the Bronx, seeing my MIL in her final few days was heartbreaking and it truly is better the way it is now :angel:

So sorry 😥, but I am glad your MIL and your family has peace.
Thank you :hug:
I'm so sorry for your loss but glad your MIL is in a better place. :hug:
It's so true and thank you again xoxo
I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. :hug:
I appreciate your thoughts!
I do look forward to hearing about your July trip :groom:.
I'm really looking forward to writing it! We go so much more often without the kids I really want to write a report with them in it :love:
I'm so sorry to hear about Steve's mom. Thinking of you both and your entire family. Please pass along my condolences to Steve :hug:
I did Tracey thank you xoxo
certainly hope so, too! Our trips completely overlap, so we'll have to work something out :hyper:
I will be messaging you! I just did FP's (which sucked lol) and planned our days which can totally be rearranged. We're back down Sept 14th so we don't really care what we do or don't do in August!:rotfl:
I hope you guys are all doing a bit better now. I have been thinking of you all through such a difficult time. Having a weekend getaway for just the two f you and a chance to do the previews is awesome! Plus it'll give you a chance to go to check out the new properties being built in Golden Oaks...... :)
:rotfl:I think you misunderstand the value of the American dollar Susan :rotfl2:
But we are doing better; Steve has kept himself busy with work which is how he needs to be. The kids are doing better also although my oldest stepson is super concerned about Steve which is nice I guess. He, the baby and my DIL were over all day yesterday swimming which I didn't mind AT ALL but Jason wouldn't leave Steve's side!
I'm so sorry about your MIL. Sending lots of love and healing vibes to you and Steve and your family.
:hug:
I hope we get the chance to meet!! I'm excited for you that you were able to work another trip into your plans and you'll be able to see so many good friends!
Just planned our days out which are totally flexible! We are at AK early on the 20th and then free until our SW preview that starts at 5 but we don't need to be there right at 5 since you know....
My Star Wars knowledge is probably about the same as yours, but I'm still excited to do the preview :hyper:
Yeah because this lol. I'm excited to see the land before it officially opens and since we're doing Oga's I'm happy to visit a new bar!

That sounds like a great visit! So excited to hear about everyone's preview!
We're really looking forward to it :) Sept trip is close but this takes away the stress Steve had the last week and a half and given the interactions he had to have with his 3 siblings he really needs it. Because family is great but.....#family
Seriously, I know we have talked about this a LOT but I can't believe we are missing you again by a few days. SUCKS!!!!!!!! :confused3 :confused3 :confused3
It SUCKS the big one! 2020 Girls Trip!
So sorry to hear about Steve's Mom - prayers for your family
Thank you I really appreciate it :)
Enjoy the SWGE Preview! Will there be a trip report??
Ugh I don't know lol! I will want to but I'm so slow with my reports lately and I really want to get our July family TR going! And still only half way done with my current dining report....maybe a combo of the July trip with the preview thrown in?
I'm sorry to hear about your MIL! My condolences to you, Steve, and your family. :hug:
Thank you so much xoxo
I think a Disney trip is just the right medicine for all of this sadness. I'm sure it will be great for you and Steve to immerse yourself in the magic - even some Star Wars magic! What an extra bit of pixie dust that you'll have a chance to see so many DISers! :goodvibes
We don't even care what we do or don't do this trip especially since we were just there and will be back in Sept. So this will definitely be more of a relax and hang trip and that is making us look forward to it more, and seeing our friends helps a bunch too :love:
I'm sorry for your loss. I know Disney was such a healing experience for my Mom after my Grandpa (her Dad) passed away earlier this year so I hope it will be the same for the both of you!
I have heard that so many times about going to Disney helping heal after a loss and since it really relaxes Steve (believe it or not!) I know it will help :)
DH and I will just miss you :( we are ALSO going for a quick August trip (and have our long September trip haha) but we will be there 8/15-8/18!
OMG I am missing so many people! But I think our Sept trips totally overlap so we HAVE to meet even for a quick second! I have to read your TR for where your staying and your Aug plans!
OMG how did I miss this!!!! I would freaked out. Gators should not exist in nature
Darn I wish I'd texted you now lol! I believe he was asking for you by name.......
Oh I hate why you are coming but I cannot wait to see you!
I know :sad1: But if you had heard how quick Steve said "let's go Sunday" when I said we'd be missing you by going Monday you'd know how excited and happy we both are that we get to see you guys again 💕

I am so sorry about your MIL.

I’ll be there Aug 17-21! So many DIS-ers have made last minute trips for that week now, I can’t keep up!

I'm sorry to hear about your mil but I'm glad the trip gives you something to look forward to. Even if you don't like SW, previewing the land will be amazing. Plus you get to meetup with friends again.

My family will be coming in as your flying home. We're booked for 8/22-9/1. Are you staying in the new tower at Coronado? I have our arrival night booked for the tower then we move to BC. We also have WL booked for the last night of our trip because I couldn't get the BC room extended. I'm looking forward to staying at the lodge.

I am so sorry about your MIL.

I’ll be there Aug 17-21! So many DIS-ers have made last minute trips for that week now, I can’t keep up!
Thank you 💕
I know it's crazy how many of us did the last minute thing! Was yours last minute? Right now I am so tentative with our schedule and don't really care what we do or don't do but this is where I'm at:

18th: arrive mid afternoon, Epcot for a bit and then DS in the evening for dinner with friends
19th: RD HS to meet up with friends and get my TOT fix; dinner at Citricos and some MK time
20th: AK early, then meet @MeghanEmily hopefully somewhere before our SWGE preview that is 5-9 but I don't care if we're there right at 5!
21st: MK, LTT lunch, leave by mid afternoon
Do we match at all lol?
Sorry to hear of your loss . Prayers for family and friends .
Thank you so much :hug:
I'm sorry to hear about your mil but I'm glad the trip gives you something to look forward to. Even if you don't like SW, previewing the land will be amazing. Plus you get to meetup with friends again.
Thank you, and you're right. It's always great to meet up with friends because while I say "DIS friends", so many DIS friends have become, friends. I am surprisingly getting excited to see SWGE! My DIL was trying to teach me stuff the other day lol
My family will be coming in as your flying home. We're booked for 8/22-9/1. Are you staying in the new tower at Coronado? I have our arrival night booked for the tower then we move to BC. We also have WL booked for the last night of our trip because I couldn't get the BC room extended. I'm looking forward to staying at the lodge.
Another one I'm missing by a day! Unfortunately we are in a plain old king room at the "old" CSR lol. I just booked on Sunday and the availability was rather limited although I would have loved to do the tower. I'm ok with it though, we enjoy CSR. At first the only mod was POR and I really wasn't thrilled and there weren't even any deluxe that worked for us so was glad when CSR opened. We did see the tower on the outside earlier in July but left the day before it opened so I'm looking forward to checking it out!

I know it's crazy how many of us did the last minute thing! Was yours last minute? Right now I am so tentative with our schedule and don't really care what we do or don't do but this is where I'm at:

18th: arrive mid afternoon, Epcot for a bit and then DS in the evening for dinner with friends
19th: RD HS to meet up with friends and get my TOT fix; dinner at Citricos and some MK time
20th: AK early, then meet @MeghanEmily hopefully somewhere before our SWGE preview that is 5-9 but I don't care if we're there right at 5!
21st: MK, LTT lunch, leave by mid afternoon
Do we match at all lol?

We actually booked back in February when they had free dining! I had no idea Star Wars would be about to open when we picked this week.

We’re at Epcot on 8/17, Ak on 8/18, MK on 8/19 and HS on 8/20

Carter Paul was born the day after his dad's 28th birthday :-)
Congratulations on the new grandson

Fast forward to today; those of you who have followed my reports the last couple years will know what a HUGE deal this is when I tell you that after 1 year,10 months and 6 days, Ricky was finally cleared by his surgeon today after more hard work, effort, dedication and perseverance than the majority of teens I know would be able to put forth in recovering from his 2 ACL injuries!!! I cannot tell you what this means to all of us; it's like we were under water for almost 2 years and can now finally breathe again.
source.gif

Steve's mom did end up passing away last Friday;
So sorry for your loss
The super positive side of all this is that we will be having dinner on arrival night with not one special DIS friend but TWO! We'll be eating in DS with the @kastoney family and well as the @StarWarsMomofGirls! family and we couldn't be more excited! And it looks like we have a very good chance of once again seeing friends Caroline @disneyAndi14, Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey and her DH Steve, @MeghanEmily and her DH "N" who we haven't seen in a few years and also hopefully finally meeting a fellow New Yorker Tracy @Tracy161 !
How exciting more Epicness this summer

MK on 8/19 and HS on 8/20
Cool! It'll probably be around 7 when we get to MK on the 19th and I don't know when we'll get to HS for our evening SWGE preview but if you're there into the evening either day maybe we can run in to each other :)
Congratulations on the new grandson
So sorry for your loss
Thank you for both, it was kind of surreal to welcome one life and then say good-bye to another within days :sad1:
How exciting more Epicness this summer
And you can never have too much EPICNESS!

I'm so so sorry about your MIL. That's really tough.

The super positive side of all this is that we will be having dinner on arrival night with not one special DIS friend but TWO! We'll be eating in DS with the @kastoney family and well as the @StarWarsMomofGirls! family and we couldn't be more excited! And it looks like we have a very good chance of once again seeing friends Caroline @disneyAndi14, Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey and her DH Steve, @MeghanEmily and her DH "N" who we haven't seen in a few years and also hopefully finally meeting a fellow New Yorker Tracy @Tracy161 !

This is like another EPIC trip all over again!! One of these days I will make it...hopefully this keeps happening regularly!!

Sorry to hear about your MIL.

Good to hear about the awesome trip you have planned though. From what I've seen of Galaxy's Edge, it seems like a place everyone can enjoy, even if you're not really into Star Wars. I hope you have a great time!

I will be messaging you! I just did FP's (which sucked lol) and planned our days which can totally be rearranged. We're back down Sept 14th so we don't really care what we do or don't do in August!:rotfl:
That's the beauty of back-to-back months, right?! :rotfl:

I'm so so sorry about your MIL. That's really tough.

This is like another EPIC trip all over again!! One of these days I will make it...hopefully this keeps happening regularly!!
Thank you Kathy :hug: And yes it looks like August is going to be a good time to meet with friends! And much needed! We'll be there at the same time again at some point!
Sorry to hear about your MIL.
Thank you Jeff :hug:
Good to hear about the awesome trip you have planned though. From what I've seen of Galaxy's Edge, it seems like a place everyone can enjoy, even if you're not really into Star Wars. I hope you have a great time!
I agree, just seeing the theming and being able to ride a new attraction will be great! I'm getting more excited about it as it gets closer!

And before going back inside said "see ya later alligator" to this guy hanging on a pipe in the water by GP:

IMG_1914 (1).JPG

Yikes!

I'm so jealous! Maybe Kari's @kastoney family won't mind me popping down to room with them for a few nights…she is MY Roomie, after all! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter