• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pixar Cruises

This is so exciting! Thankyou so much for posting, 6 days and I will be on the wonder :D I can't wait
Did you have any food recommendations from this or any other menu/self service on the cruise?

Thank you for all the info! I can hardly wait. I pulled out my old Navigators from last years repo cruise to Vancouver and I'm even more excited!

I do have one question that hopefully someone could answer. My DD (Sierra) and I will be on this cruise. My ex obviously won't be with us. Do I need a notarized letter from him giving his permission? DD and I took a Carnival cruise a few years ago and they said they needed this, but it wasn't EVER looked at by anyone. The only thing I could find on Disney's website was for a non parent/legal guardian accompanying a child on the cruise without a parent(s). Any help would be great.

Thanks!:)

Disneyland Mommy, thanks for this info, im new to this board and will be taking this cruise on the Sep 30th voyage, super excited..

Question, how was the seas? Smooth all the way? Also on the @ sea days how was the temps?

Thanks for answering these questions!

KC

kirkaliciasmom said:
Thank you for all the info! I can hardly wait. I pulled out my old Navigators from last years repo cruise to Vancouver and I'm even more excited!

I do have one question that hopefully someone could answer. My DD (Sierra) and I will be on this cruise. My ex obviously won't be with us. Do I need a notarized letter from him giving his permission? DD and I took a Carnival cruise a few years ago and they said they needed this, but it wasn't EVER looked at by anyone. The only thing I could find on Disney's website was for a non parent/legal guardian accompanying a child on the cruise without a parent(s). Any help would be great.

Thanks!:)

From what I have read everyone says no. :) have fun!!

Disneyland Mommy, thanks for this info, im new to this board and will be taking this cruise on the Sep 30th voyage, super excited..

Question, how was the seas? Smooth all the way? Also on the @ sea days how was the temps?

Thanks for answering these questions!

KC

Seas were fine. There were points in time when you could feel the ship swaying side to side a bit. Mostly, when you are sitting still at dinner/shows.

My 6 year old DS and I both get car sick, so of course I was afraid of us getting seasick. I came armed with Bonine for me, and Dramamine for him, as well as sea bands.

All we needed were the sea bands. I had DS and I wear them religiously while at sea. No other medications were needed. I definitely recommend them.

My DD and DH didn't use anything, and never once felt sick!

Weather was as follows....

Not sure of the actual temp on the first sea day, but it was overcast and cool, but not cold enough for anything but a light jacket. Not many kids in the pool that day. Upper open air decks are windy and cold, need heavier jacket up there.

San Francisco #1 High of 62 and partly sunny

San Francisco #2 High of 60 and partly sunny

Both of these days felt hotter than that to me, but that's what the navigator said.

Second sea day, warmer than the first.

San Diego High of 79 and partly sunny

Ensenada High of 87 and partly sunny- weird clouds here that caused humidity. Captain also had to sound his horn what seemed like every minute because visibility was very poor pulling into port. This was at 5:30-6:30 in the morning! Wanted to sleep more, but just gave up, and got up,lol.

Seas were fine. There were points in time when you could feel the ship swaying side to side a bit. Mostly, when you are sitting still at dinner/shows.

My 6 year old DS and I both get car sick, so of course I was afraid of us getting seasick. I came armed with Bonine for me, and Dramamine for him, as well as sea bands.

All we needed were the sea bands. I had DS and I wear them religiously while at sea. No other medications were needed. I definitely recommend them.

My DD and DH didn't use anything, and never once felt sick!

Weather was as follows....

Not sure of the actual temp on the first sea day, but it was overcast and cool, but not cold enough for anything but a light jacket. Not many kids in the pool that day. Upper open air decks are windy and cold, need heavier jacket up there.

San Francisco #1 High of 62 and partly sunny

San Francisco #2 High of 60 and partly sunny

Both of these days felt hotter than that to me, but that's what the navigator said.

Second sea day, warmer than the first.

San Diego High of 79 and partly sunny

Ensenada High of 87 and partly sunny- weird clouds here that caused humidity. Captain also had to sound his horn what seemed like every minute because visibility was very poor pulling into port. This was at 5:30-6:30 in the morning! Wanted to sleep more, but just gave up, and got up,lol.

Thanks for this info! Sounds like not a ton of swimming on this one :)

Thanks for this info! Sounds like not a ton of swimming on this one :)

My kids swam twice, and I swam once. The water is more like bath water temp, than refreshing pool water temp, so very comfortable even on the chilly days. Not many opportunity to "tan" except on San Diego & Ensenada days.

Also, Ensenada stinks....literallly! So, being out on deck or on your verandah that day is not the most pleasant experience. One of the cast members told me the stench was caused by the sea lions that hang out right by the ship.

My kids swam twice, and I swam once. The water is more like bath water temp, than refreshing pool water temp, so very comfortable even on the chilly days. Not many opportunity to "tan" except on San Diego & Ensenada days.

Also, Ensenada stinks....literallly! So, being out on deck or on your verandah that day is not the most pleasant experience. One of the cast members told me the stench was caused by the sea lions that hang out right by the ship.

Good to know! Thanks for this info!

Thank you! I can breath easier now. :)

What time is your flight? We had a 12:40 and were at LAX in plenty of time.

We had Daisy tags and want to say we were called off at 8AM, on the bus at 8:20, pulling away at 8:40.

There was no announcement for Arial tags I guess because they leave from the WD Theatre.

I have scans of the Navigators from the first Pixar cruise, but I guess I do not have enough posts to add a link yet. I better start posting!

I have scans of the Navigators from the first Pixar cruise, but I guess I do not have enough posts to add a link yet. I better start posting!

DARN! Maybe you can PM them to me can I can post them for you! WINK WINK! :scratchin;);)

GoGoJulie said:

I would love to see them. My email is lisaanngrant@gmail.com

Thanks for all the great info past cruisers. I like to know what things I don't want my kids to miss!!

Can I ask what time you disembarked? I'm panicking about our flight home.

We had a 12:45 pm flight and anyone before 1 basically was let off early, Aerial Tags and had to go to continental breakfast at BBB and not sit down. We were at LAX by 8:45/9am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter