Pixar Cruises

I also just got off and the cruise was awesome.

The Pixar Presentations were great and not super crowded. They had you go based on your dinner time, but they didn't check. Either way there were seats still left in both presentations. They did one on each sea day.

There was a Pixar dance party, can't remember when since didn't go.

They did on the second sea day Pixar Pals meet and greet which is similar to the till we meeet again with the characters coming down the stairs and then doing a meet and greet, no autographs at this time.

For the Toy Story Dinner, which is very good, replaced the captains Gala menus, there is still lobster and I thought the lonster meal was actually better. We were never told anything about special guests coming to dinner, so not sure what the OP was talking about.

The lithograph they gave out is beauitful,same size as others they have given out in the past for special cruises. They gave it out second to last night.

Art of Pixar book, retail value $50 and very big and heavy is beautiful and was a pleasent surpraise. It was given to anyone who booked and paid the vacation on a disney Visa or castaway club member. One per stateroom. Second sea day there was a signing of it by one of the people who gave a presentation , Jay Ward in our case. Be prepared to get there early or sit around for along time. They handed numbers out, we had 56 and it took over an hour to get to it, and people had numbers in the 100's. They allow for multiple items to be signed and pictures.

Merchandise, personally I thought this was lacking. They had 1 white t shirt with the same print from the litho on the back. A nice nike polo with the pixar cruise logo. A hat, post card. Pretty much other than that it was generic pixar stuff that they always sell and the parks sell, like toys and stuffed animals. They had one pin with the pixar logo they released but is limited to 500 for all 4 cruises. They hand out wristbands the first night when the shops open and its 1 per stateroom and allows you to buy 2 pins. You can't buy the pin till the next morning.

San Fran and San Diego were great.

For San Diego, we used Advantage Car rental and got a great rate and was super easy. You just call them when you get off the ship and they came within 10 mins. It was nice to have a car to drive around. We did the Zoo, La Jolla (beautiful) and Seaport Village.

San Fran, we got the City pass, and used feet and public transportation to get around. Cable cars are fun, but get very very very busy.

I can't even send a private message unless I have reached 10 posts also. I did send the link to DesertGal, so hopefully she can view them.

OK, I now have 3 posts. ;)

I can't even send a private message unless I have reached 10 posts also. I did send the link to DesertGal, so hopefully she can view them.

OK, I now have 3 posts. ;)

10 posts.. You will be there quickly.. Im now at 8 since last night! :P Err Make that 10 now.

We saw all those characters on the Dream last June and it wasn't a Pixar cruise (not the characters from UP though. What makes it different from a regular cruise?

We saw all those characters on the Dream last June and it wasn't a Pixar cruise (not the characters from UP though. What makes it different from a regular cruise?

I haven't seen these ports of call on a cruise before, or has it been done? From all I have ready its just more Pixar themes, ports, etc..

I haven't seen these ports of call on a cruise before, or has it been done? From all I have ready its just more Pixar themes, ports, etc..
Interesting, I haven't heard of this before. My son would have loved this a few years back, he is 13 now and not so much into Pixar.

I also just got off and the cruise was awesome.

The Pixar Presentations were great and not super crowded. They had you go based on your dinner time, but they didn't check. Either way there were seats still left in both presentations. They did one on each sea day.

There was a Pixar dance party, can't remember when since didn't go.

If there was one, then that's great. I didn't see it advertised in the navigator, but I could have missed it.

They did on the second sea day Pixar Pals meet and greet which is similar to the till we meeet again with the characters coming down the stairs and then doing a meet and greet, no autographs at this time.

For the Toy Story Dinner, which is very good, replaced the captains Gala menus, there is still lobster and I thought the lonster meal was actually better. We were never told anything about special guests coming to dinner, so not sure what the OP was talking about.

Huh...thought everyone was told this? Weird, my servers made it a point to tell me to have my kids hang for the entire meal because they were told their would be a character appearance. After my complaint, guest services sent gifts to our stateroom 2 nights in a row, so all was good. I told my kids that the gifts were from Woody & Jessie to apologize for not being able to come by,lol.

The lithograph they gave out is beauitful,same size as others they have given out in the past for special cruises. They gave it out second to last night.

Art of Pixar book, retail value $50 and very big and heavy is beautiful and was a pleasent surpraise. It was given to anyone who booked and paid the vacation on a disney Visa or castaway club member. One per stateroom. Second sea day there was a signing of it by one of the people who gave a presentation , Jay Ward in our case. Be prepared to get there early or sit around for along time. They handed numbers out, we had 56 and it took over an hour to get to it, and people had numbers in the 100's. They allow for multiple items to be signed and pictures.

Merchandise, personally I thought this was lacking. They had 1 white t shirt with the same print from the litho on the back. A nice nike polo with the pixar cruise logo. A hat, post card. Pretty much other than that it was generic pixar stuff that they always sell and the parks sell, like toys and stuffed animals. They had one pin with the pixar logo they released but is limited to 500 for all 4 cruises. They hand out wristbands the first night when the shops open and its 1 per stateroom and allows you to buy 2 pins. You can't buy the pin till the next morning.

I have to agree with the lack of special merchandise...there were 3 lithographs, some books, a limited edition pin with the cruise logo, a 3D magnet of the Wonder sailing under the GG bridge (which I thought was probably the neatest item,) the usual shirts/sweatshirts, a postcard of the same print we get as our gift.

San Fran and San Diego were great.

For San Diego, we used Advantage Car rental and got a great rate and was super easy. You just call them when you get off the ship and they came within 10 mins. It was nice to have a car to drive around. We did the Zoo, La Jolla (beautiful) and Seaport Village.

We have a horrible experience with Advantage and probably won't book them again.

San Fran, we got the City pass, and used feet and public transportation to get around. Cable cars are fun, but get very very very busy.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter