• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Pixar Cruises

We want to do the same thing, I hope it's not too early. We have an inside this time so no view from the room but being out when we sail under would be awesome.

Maybe we can ask at our group meet on Sunday if anyone else is interested. Then we can do a mini-group, very early morning meet on deck :thumbsup2

jetskigrl said:
:cool1: :cool1:

Thank you so much for the update!!! I hope the clouds clear out and you have a beautiful two days there :thumbsup2

About what time did you get into San Francisco? Dh and I are thinking of getting up early that morning so we can be up on deck when the ship goes under the GG bridge.

Sun is coming out.

We got up at 5:30 and we went under the bridge around 6:30 with the the sunrise. There were many people out on 10forward to see the bridge. Super cool. Next time we go under leaving SF will be too dark.

Maybe we can ask at our group meet on Sunday if anyone else is interested. Then we can do a mini-group, very early morning meet on deck :thumbsup2

Great idea! I hope it's not TOO foggy and we can actually see the bridge. :)

Sun is coming out.

We got up at 5:30 and we went under the bridge around 6:30 with the the sunrise. There were many people out on 10forward to see the bridge. Super cool. Next time we go under leaving SF will be too dark.

Again, I can't thank you enough for taking the time from your cruise to update us!! :thumbsup2 We really appreciate it!!

Was there any cool Pixar merchandise? I know the blog mentioned some unique items but I haven't seen anything reported yet.

Oh...did you see us at the port when you left? My DS ended up bringing his bike and the teens were on the scooters :)

jetskigrl said:
:cool1: :cool1:

Thank you so much for the update!!! I hope the clouds clear out and you have a beautiful two days there :thumbsup2

About what time did you get into San Francisco? Dh and I are thinking of getting up early that morning so we can be up on deck when the ship goes under the GG bridge.

Being out on deck or on your veranda while going under the Goledn Gate is a MUST! April 2011 on the Wonder, I got beautiful pictures. We were lucky enough to not have fog at that time. If I remember right I was on deck about 5 am. There were quite a few of us braving the winds and cold temps. I will not miss it this cruise!:)

those of you posting to twitter/instagram from the current Pixar cruise--are you using your cell phones to do that--or an ipad with wifi or something else? Is it costing you more through your cell provider---or do you just have regular service--for example someone posted approaching the Golden Gate bridge shots I have been wondering how far out in sea we will be and if we will still just have regular cell coverage or not...thanks in advance for sharing with us!!

j2tyco said:
those of you posting to twitter/instagram from the current Pixar cruise--are you using your cell phones to do that--or an ipad with wifi or something else? Is it costing you more through your cell provider---or do you just have regular service--for example someone posted approaching the Golden Gate bridge shots I have been wondering how far out in sea we will be and if we will still just have regular cell coverage or not...thanks in advance for sharing with us!!

Do you have usernames of anyone who is currently on the Pixar cruise and taking pics on instagram? That would be awesome!

Do you have usernames of anyone who is currently on the Pixar cruise and taking pics on instagram? That would be awesome!

I followed the hashtag of #DisneyWonder and created a new column on Hootsuite to see anything with that tag--so far user TWITTER names that are using that hashtag currently are:

@stillsbyhill (this is also the instagram name) *may not be ON the ship but has posted pics of the Wonder recently with that tag (from port etc)

@jlmarr1622 (appears to be posting pics through twitter and not instagram)--this is the one that has posted pics from the ship I think they are the ones that posted above that they are posting to twitter and to follow along ;)

@laffingholland (same instagram name) also may not be on the ship but has posted recent pics of the Wonder with that hashtag (could just be in the port areas etc)

There are a few others using that hashtag as well but they seem to be marketing related...

For somebody on the current (Sept 16) cruise -
Can you confirm which nights are Formal, Semi-formal and Pirate? :confused3

TIA:worship:

sandracox67 said:
For somebody on the current (Sept 16) cruise -
Can you confirm which nights are Formal, Semi-formal and Pirate? :confused3

TIA:worship:

Monday: Formal
Thursday: Semi-formal
Friday: Pirate

First two are sea days, last is San Diego.

kirkaliciasmom said:
Have a great time! I'm on the Sept 30 Pixar Cruise. Have a great time, and I'll be looking forward to hearing about it!:)

Us too!! Can't wait

jlmarr said:
Monday: Formal
Thursday: Semi-formal
Friday: Pirate

First two are sea days, last is San Diego.

This is strange. We are on the September 30th cruise and our last day is in Ensanada. San Diego is on Friday.
I wonder if they will still have fireworks on Pirate Night?

Is the Captains Gala On Saturday night (if you know)? This is my favorite meal!!! I had previously heard it was on Thursday night and we cancelled our Palo for that night!!

How did you like having formal night your first full sea day??

Any other great things about this cruise??? What movies are playing??

I SOOOO wanted to go on the Pixar cruise, but I couldn't get time off work at that time.

This is strange. We are on the September 30th cruise and our last day is in Ensanada. San Diego is on Friday.
I wonder if they will still have fireworks on Pirate Night?

jlmarr means "last" as the last night on the list (Pirate Night), which will be in SD.

Good! That makes more sense. On DCL, our cruise lists Pirate for San Francisco which doesn't make sense.

Sun is coming out.

I'm jealous. On the repo cruise we went under the bridge at 3:30am and 11:00pm. It was still awesome going under the bridge but I wish we had been able to do it in daylight.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. See you in San Diego on Friday.

Being out on deck or on your veranda while going under the Goledn Gate is a MUST! April 2011 on the Wonder, I got beautiful pictures. We were lucky enough to not have fog at that time. If I remember right I was on deck about 5 am. There were quite a few of us braving the winds and cold temps. I will not miss it this cruise!:)

I was on that one as well. We had a verandah and we were all on it. It was an incredible experience and I got some great pics of the bridge. Can't wait to do it all over again next week, though this time we don't have a verandah. :sad:

Lassiter family winery - best tour. Nancy L is great hostess, yummy food and bottle of rose w/ 2 logo glasses per ticket. Totally worth it IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter