Passport for child

14 weeks today, people. 14 weeks 🙄🤦😈 I'm going to have to try calling again, aren't I? For a recap, I last spoke to someone on June 16 who said her passport would be heading to the printer within the next week. So then how long does it take to print and mail? 🙄🤦🤦🤦

Thinking of you Mort and hoping the best. Dang 3:30 in the morning is rough. Hopefully by now you have a coffee at least.
Fingers & Toes crossed.
Hugs
Mel

My daughters passport came today!!!!!!! I'd only been home from a dental cleaning about 10 minutes, standing in my front office on hold with the eye doctor and saw the postie pull up. I hung up on the eye doc (still on hold, I better call back lol) and flung open the door, scaring him half to death. I said "sorry, but I've been waiting for this for a LONG time." 14 weeks and 1 day....wowza.

My daughters passport came today!!!!!!! I'd only been home from a dental cleaning about 10 minutes, standing in my front office on hold with the eye doctor and saw the postie pull up. I hung up on the eye doc (still on hold, I better call back lol) and flung open the door, scaring him half to death. I said "sorry, but I've been waiting for this for a LONG time." 14 weeks and 1 day....wowza.

Yay!!!!!!

Jumping in as my MIL took her passport in to our Service Canada here in Kamloops March 23rd, with a travel date of June 7th- nothing yet- she is planning to head to Kelowna Monday.
We dropped my daughter‘s at the same office May 23rd, which is 15 weeks before our Sept 6th DL trip…
Did your MIL have reschedule her trip then? Was she able to move her flights?

I don't have 13 weeks to wait, we mailed with only 10 weeks. If we had just waited a week, we could have made an appt at the passport office (they allow appts for less than 9 weeks).
**I had a typo, travel date of July 7th**

Thought I'd update on my situation- my mother in law never got her passport last week, so drove to Vancouver from Kamloops with my SIL Sunday night, when they drove past the office to get to hotel, already a line at office, stayed in a hotel, was at the Vancouver passport office at 5am, moved inside at 6am, separated into 3 groups- people travelling the next day, people within 48 (maybe it was 72- will check) hours, people greater than 48/72.
-People that had proof of needing their passport that day for next day travel were prioritized first
-People within 48/72 hours were next
-People greater than 48-72 were told to go make an appt.

At 11am she talked to a person about her travel, was given a number in waiting room.
At 3pm it was confirmed she would get hers at 4pm, she was given around 4:30pm.

Finally Eh!!!
So happy for you.
Hugs Mel

Thanks for everyones thougths,,,,,UPDATE,,,in line at 3am again!!!! made it infront of an officer at 930am,,,,she looked at our file that we submitted in March.....says wow,,,you should have had this in June,,but the intake person at Service Canada did not scan the back of the birth certificate when we 1st submitted,,,,,WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,aughhh
So raced home , and back down with the BC and we should have it in hand next Thurs...we fly on the Monday.....now just cross fingers that flights are not changed,,,and our bags get there.
Best of luck to all,,,,And glad to hear bcwife76 got yours

Thanks for everyones thougths,,,,,UPDATE,,,in line at 3am again!!!! made it infront of an officer at 930am,,,,she looked at our file that we submitted in March.....says wow,,,you should have had this in June,,but the intake person at Service Canada did not scan the back of the birth certificate when we 1st submitted,,,,,WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,aughhh
So raced home , and back down with the BC and we should have it in hand next Thurs...we fly on the Monday.....now just cross fingers that flights are not changed,,,and our bags get there.
Best of luck to all,,,,And glad to hear bcwife76 got yours
Oh my gosh, what a mess!!! So glad you finally got in front of an officer today and we're able to sort it. Oy. I was so excited to get DD's passport today I told my postie "I would hug you if we were not still in a pandemic" 😂😂

We've got progress! We filed DS's application in person at a Service Canada counter on April 26th and yesterday we received... his old passport back ;)

So I'm guessing 3-4 weeks before we get his new passport?

We've got progress! We filed DS's application in person at a Service Canada counter on April 26th and yesterday we received... his old passport back ;)

Oh that's interesting...I just realized I never got DD's old passport back and I definitely requested it when I submitted her application. I mean, I'm happy to have the new one of course so this is not a huge deal 😂

Oh that's interesting...I just realized I never got DD's old passport back and I definitely requested it when I submitted her application. I mean, I'm happy to have the new one of course so this is not a huge deal 😂

Ohhh boy, this is starting to stress me out...we need my daughter's for our DL trip departing Sept 6th...
Dropped off and checked over May 23rd- 7 weeks down, 7/8 till the trip.
I really hope her old one comes back, as it's so cute- her as a baby.

I have 2 passports waiting for our trip in August. My 16 year old's we mailed in on May 25th. Then for my 11 year old, we did hers a few days later and realized we could make an appointment since our travel date is less than 45 business days. I heard appointments are hard to come by, but we got lucky and got an appointment for yesterday (booked in early June). At the appointment yesterday we were able to apply for my 11 year old's passport and get my 16 year old's passport transferred to the local office. Both will be ready July 26th. We were at the passport office less than an hour. We got really lucky and it takes a huge weight off of us.

I'm sorry so many of you are feeling the stress, I know I was before yesterday!

So hopefully final update......we got it today...Had time slip to pick up between 1-4pm today....arrived right at 1pm,,,looked in pc,,,not ready,,,,WHAT,,,come back in 1 hr.....went had lunch came in at 220pm,,,big line,,,did not wait in it,,,,,right to front,,,passport now ready and in hand....Good Luck to all still needing. any questions,,please ask here or dm me for maybe some work arounds.
Now just to get a plane that doesnt get cancelled and luggage there.....once there,,,if we have to stay dont think Hawaii is a bad place to be stranded.

So hopefully final update......we got it today...Had time slip to pick up between 1-4pm today....arrived right at 1pm,,,looked in pc,,,not ready,,,,WHAT,,,come back in 1 hr.....went had lunch came in at 220pm,,,big line,,,did not wait in it,,,,,right to front,,,passport now ready and in hand....Good Luck to all still needing. any questions,,please ask here or dm me for maybe some work arounds.
Now just to get a plane that doesnt get cancelled and luggage there.....once there,,,if we have to stay dont think Hawaii is a bad place to be stranded.
Been waiting for your update! FINALLY!!!!!! Aloha and have a big mai tai for me ;0

So happy for you! Your saga has been relentless to say the least. Now to just finish packing and soon enjoy your vacay! I'll need trip reports (travel, resort, the whole shebang).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter