Passport for child

ughhh this thread is making me feel sick...I have all of our paperwork filled out, have an appointment to take it to Service Canada June 29th (booked it June 3rd and that was earliest availability) our trip is mid January so theoretically plenty of time but I'm having a stroke over this
So we dropped off at a service canada location,,,but if your appointment is ay a passport office..you should be ok 6 months out...good luck

its not its just a normal Service Canada, the closest passport office is a few hours away...ugh I wonder if I should try and get an appt at an actual Passport centre
So we dropped off at a service canada location,,,but if your appointment is ay a passport office..you should be ok 6 months out...good luck

its not its just a normal Service Canada, the closest passport office is a few hours away...ugh I wonder if I should try and get an appt at an actual Passport centre
Pick a day, arrive early, stand in line. It’s not the easiest solution but it’s the best.

Our nearest passport office is about 45 mins away. After we return from Florida in Aug this is what DH & I plan to do (both of us so we can swap out for drinks/washroom etc.). We don’t have another trip til Dec 30th so hopefully it’ll be enough time.

In person is still listed as 10 business days on the passport website. They're definitely behind on yours :oops:
That's if you went in person to an actual Passport Canada office. If you mailed it or submitted to a Service Canada office (which is what we did) they say 9 weeks plus mailing time.... which is still a pack of lies because I hit 12 weeks yesterday and still waiting.

Please let us know if you get it - 13 weeks would be just a week before our travel date so I would take it!
(less would be even better obviously but it helps to hear that some people are indeed getting their passports!)

Similar stories are coming out here in BC. Many are driving from here in the lower mainland up to Kelowna in the Okanagan as the wait times are way shorter. And one woman flew to Edmonton.

Jumping in as my MIL took her passport in to our Service Canada here in Kamloops March 23rd, with a travel date of June 7th- nothing yet- she is planning to head to Kelowna Monday.
We dropped my daughter‘s at the same office May 23rd, which is 15 weeks before our Sept 6th DL trip…

Jumping in as my MIL took her passport in to our Service Canada here in Kamloops March 23rd, with a travel date of June 7th- nothing yet- she is planning to head to Kelowna Monday.
We dropped my daughter‘s at the same office May 23rd, which is 15 weeks before our Sept 6th DL trip…
Did your MIL have reschedule her trip then? Was she able to move her flights?

I don't have 13 weeks to wait, we mailed with only 10 weeks. If we had just waited a week, we could have made an appt at the passport office (they allow appts for less than 9 weeks).

You know what’s annoying. They keep saying something like 95% of people who go to an actual passport office get their passport in 10 days. But peolple who mail it in have been waiting 13+ weeks. They just keep ignoring the mailed in ones.

Did your MIL have reschedule her trip then? Was she able to move her flights?

I don't have 13 weeks to wait, we mailed with only 10 weeks. If we had just waited a week, we could have made an appt at the passport office (they allow appts for less than 9 weeks).
Here in SW Ontario you can’t even get the passport office to pop as an option (just gives the service Canada site) unless you indicate travel in less than 45 days. Even then there are still no appointments. Where are you that they are allowing apts at 9 weeks out?

Last edited:
You know what’s annoying. They keep saying something like 95% of people who go to an actual passport office get their passport in 10 days. But peolple who mail it in have been waiting 13+ weeks. They just keep ignoring the mailed in ones.
Exactly 😈 Mailed applications and those submitted at Service Canada seem to be set aside "til they get around to it" 🙄🤦😈

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter