Passport for child

For those that have received the passports,,,how did they come? did they come in reg mail at the mailbox? or did you need to pick up and show ID at a post office?

Argh, I'm so annoyed! Last night was check in for our Alaska cruise. After faffing about for 30+ minutes because Disney IT stinks, things finally started moving. For my DD13 I enter her info for her birth certificate and it won't save!!!! I can't get a PAT until everyone's info has been entered so I upload a photo of her expired passport and faked the expiry date just to be able to move on with my life and get the PAT. 😈😈😈 Hopefully by the time they realize the info is wrong I will have her new passport, otherwise they will need to do an override or something...grrrrr

Here in SW Ontario you can’t even get the passport office to pop as an option (just gives the service Canada site) unless you indicate travel in less than 45 days. Even then there are still no appointments. Where are you that they are allowing apts at 9 weeks out?
I'm in Waterloo. I managed to get an appt at the Kitchener passport office for July. But it seems to be hit and miss as to whether they have appointments.

13 weeks today. Come on, lucky 13! It's going to come this week, I just know it.......she said, naively, knowing that each walk to the mailbox brings nothing but disappointment and bills.
Don't make me call back, Passport Canada. At 11 weeks and 2 days I was perfectly nice to the person I spoke to....I might not be quite as pleasant if I'm calling during week 14....:bored:

I read another article yesterday about the phone lines being jammed by people asking for the status of their requests, most of them since March/April. Uh... duh! We can't get any info otherwise!!

Passport Canada updated their website, only to say that the processing times listed on their website are under "normal circumstances":
You can find the service standards below to see approximately how long it may take us to process your application under normal circumstances.

Why can't they update their website with the actual processing times? At least we'd know what to expect.

13 weeks today. Come on, lucky 13! It's going to come this week, I just know it.......she said, naively, knowing that each walk to the mailbox brings nothing but disappointment and bills.
Don't make me call back, Passport Canada. At 11 weeks and 2 days I was perfectly nice to the person I spoke to....I might not be quite as pleasant if I'm calling during week 14....:bored:

I have my fingers crossed 🤞 for you

My MP finally emailed me back...said her office would be happy to help, they tend to have a high success rate but often not until 48 hours before...yikes! Just want this settled so that I can plan happily! Just under a month to go...

My MP finally emailed me back...said her office would be happy to help, they tend to have a high success rate but often not until 48 hours before...yikes! Just want this settled so that I can plan happily! Just under a month to go...
48 hours is cutting it so close :( That's disheartening, would be nice if they could do something even 2 weeks before

Children under the age of 16 do not usually need to show a passport or other ID to travel on domestic flights.
I don't think any of us that are still waiting are traveling domestically though. I've got a cruise at the end of July (out of Vancouver so technically she does not need one) and a flight to CA with a cruise out of San Diego at the end of December so yes, passport 100% required for that for all of us.

48 hours is cutting it so close :( That's disheartening, would be nice if they could do something even 2 weeks before
Yes, it's truly hard to get excited and have fun planning when this huge worry is sitting over our heads...maybe we'll be lucky and it will get done faster...

AUGHHHHHHH
Lined up at 4am,,,was 60th in line at that time,,,OT,,,1st 10 in line were line sitters that someone paid to be there,,,crazy,,,7am they start letting us in the building to que up inside,,,now there are probably 200-250 behind me.
Snake around inside,,,then get close at 745,,,at that point a person comes out and starts telling us that only those that are travelling by July 5 we are processing today. If you havent submitted go downstairs to service Canada if your travel is more than 45 days,,,and everyone else caught inbetween,,,sorry but come back when you are within a week,,or 4 business days....WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT,,,,,,they cant have this posted outside and change the dates everyday. Communication break down.
So drive home,,no traffic now going against traffic,,,,drive straight to MPs office. You know the one I have left messages for for the last week and filled out the papers they asked me to and the one that voicemail says they will return calls with 48hrs,,,NOPE not heard from....Well all they told me was they are working on trying to get ahold of someone and they are waiting for call backs.
So blow up over,,,no need to stress untill July 13th where I will line up again if I dont see a passport in the next 2 weeks.
Good luck to everyone else.

AUGHHHHHHH
Lined up at 4am,,,was 60th in line at that time,,,OT,,,1st 10 in line were line sitters that someone paid to be there,,,crazy,,,7am they start letting us in the building to que up inside,,,now there are probably 200-250 behind me.
Snake around inside,,,then get close at 745,,,at that point a person comes out and starts telling us that only those that are travelling by July 5 we are processing today. If you havent submitted go downstairs to service Canada if your travel is more than 45 days,,,and everyone else caught inbetween,,,sorry but come back when you are within a week,,or 4 business days....WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT,,,,,,they cant have this posted outside and change the dates everyday. Communication break down.
So drive home,,no traffic now going against traffic,,,,drive straight to MPs office. You know the one I have left messages for for the last week and filled out the papers they asked me to and the one that voicemail says they will return calls with 48hrs,,,NOPE not heard from....Well all they told me was they are working on trying to get ahold of someone and they are waiting for call backs.
So blow up over,,,no need to stress untill July 13th where I will line up again if I dont see a passport in the next 2 weeks.
Good luck to everyone else.
Oh so stressful! That's terrible. What province are you in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter