P90x

Or just fast forward to the better part - not that I have ever, ever done that though. ;)
Amazingly i made it thru the entire yoga dvd. I had someone else do it with me so it forced me to do that entire thing. you were right though it did get better, Thanks!

to each their own, I guess, I really LIKE the first 45 minutes of Yoga X, but HATE the second half with the balance poses

For those of you who don't have the time or inclination to do 90 minutes of Yoga X, I HIGHLY recommend getting yourself a copy of Tony horton's "Fountain Of Youth" Yoga, which is part of his One on One series (Volume 1). He specifically designed it to replace Yoga X for those who couldn't/wouldn't do 90 full minutes. It is 45 minutes and it is GREAT.

Amazingly i made it thru the entire yoga dvd. I had someone else do it with me so it forced me to do that entire thing. you were right though it did get better, Thanks!

Yay you. It's easier to get through the first half when you know there is something better to come from here on out.

I actually made it thru week 1! I'm now on week 2. Hopefully i'll actually lose some weight. What week did you start noticing results?

I actually made it thru week 1! I'm now on week 2. Hopefully i'll actually lose some weight. What week did you start noticing results?

The first month was great for me but I know lots of people don't see visible results until the Phase 3 because lots gain muscle weight in the beginning. But don't worry, it will pass and you'll be looking hot soon enough! :goodvibes

Congrats on getting through the first week. That is really great!! I'm about to start again since I stopped months ago and feel I'm back where I started.

I wish you tons of luck. I'm sure you'll see results. It's a great program. Just try not to eat too much junk and you WILL see results.

I'm thrilled to report that I just gave the yoga video another try (now, about a month into P90X) and I made it through the whole thing! Could I do everything as well as Tony? No, not even close, and there were some things I could not do at all ("the crane"!). But at the beginning of P90X I couldn't even make it through the first 15 minutes so I was really excited to see my improvement!

I'm thrilled to report that I just gave the yoga video another try (now, about a month into P90X) and I made it through the whole thing! Could I do everything as well as Tony? No, not even close, and there were some things I could not do at all ("the crane"!). But at the beginning of P90X I couldn't even make it through the first 15 minutes so I was really excited to see my improvement!

:thumbsup2:banana:

:cheer2::banana::dancer:
That's great! I have yoga tomorrow well see if i can make it thru the whole dvd again.

Thanks, BeenHere and bellaminnie, for the yoga cheers. :)

I am actually looking forward to doing it again soon!

Well, I did a month of Insanity starting at the beginning of the year, and unfortunately didn't see any of the results that I'd seen with P90X... That being said, I'm starting up Round 2 of P90X tomorrow. I'm excited to get back into the routine and see some more definition... again.

I was just browsing and found this thread. I'm hoping there are some P90x people out there to get this thread going! I casually did the program last year and saw pretty good results. I follow the "lean" schedule, with a few tweeks. I do the plyo dvd in place of the cardio and I have a confession to make.....I've never done the yoga dvd :rolleyes: I've always opted to do a long run that day because yoga doesn't really float my boat. But I think I will give it a try tonight possibly. I just started again and am going to try really hard to stick it out the 90 days. This time I also want to stick to a good, well balanced diet. I'm on day 4 and it's going good. My arms and abs are sore, but a good sore :) My family and I are going to Disney June 1 so that gives me just enough time to get beach ready!

I was just browsing and found this thread. I'm hoping there are some P90x people out there to get this thread going! I casually did the program last year and saw pretty good results. I follow the "lean" schedule, with a few tweeks. I do the plyo dvd in place of the cardio and I have a confession to make.....I've never done the yoga dvd :rolleyes: I've always opted to do a long run that day because yoga doesn't really float my boat. But I think I will give it a try tonight possibly. I just started again and am going to try really hard to stick it out the 90 days. This time I also want to stick to a good, well balanced diet. I'm on day 4 and it's going good. My arms and abs are sore, but a good sore :) My family and I are going to Disney June 1 so that gives me just enough time to get beach ready!

I know everyone hates the Yoga rountine, but I can't emphasize enough how important it is to the program and how good it is for your general fitness. As a runner and p90x grad, I can tell you with certainty that replacing yoga with a run is not a good substitution. If you really can't get yourself to do 90 minutes, do yourself a big favor and get Tony Horton's One on One: Fountain of Youth. It is a 45 minute routine and it is GREAT.

Congrats on the restart and good luck, if you stick it out through 90 days, you will see big improvements. :thumbsup2

I am starting P90X next Saturday. I am also doing the Lean version and I will be trying to build back my running mileage after having surgery on my knee 7 weeks ago. I will be checking back here soon!

Today is day 9 of for me! I did plyo and took the dog out for a run. I felt great doing the plyo today, I was super excited. I'm taking note and this week I will do the yoga!! I will just have to wake up at about 5 am to do it.

I am starting P90X next Saturday. I am also doing the Lean version and I will be trying to build back my running mileage after having surgery on my knee 7 weeks ago. I will be checking back here soon!

Awesome! Can't wait to hear about your progress!

Day 10 workout done! Shoulders and Arms went really good today. I'm completely toasted now and I'm actually happy about that! Going to bed early early tonight so I can get up and do yoga, wish me luck :laughing:

So I woke up and did the yoga today. I don't know if it was the extremely early hour or the fact that it was just so dang long, but I really didn't enjoy it. I think I will get the other Tony yoga dvd and see if I like that one better. I did learn something though, I'm good at yoga:thumbsup2 Now learning to like it will be an adventure :lmao:
Tomorrow is day 12 and I'm supposed to do Legs and Back, plus the ab ripper. I'm hoping that some of my soreness in my arms subsides so I don't have to cry my way through the pull-ups.....oh wait, I do that anyway ;)
Now I need to go to sleep before the banana chocolate chip muffins on my counter convince me to eat them!

So I woke up and did the yoga today. I don't know if it was the extremely early hour or the fact that it was just so dang long, but I really didn't enjoy it. I think I will get the other Tony yoga dvd and see if I like that one better. I did learn something though, I'm good at yoga:thumbsup2 Now learning to like it will be an adventure :lmao:
Tomorrow is day 12 and I'm supposed to do Legs and Back, plus the ab ripper. I'm hoping that some of my soreness in my arms subsides so I don't have to cry my way through the pull-ups.....oh wait, I do that anyway ;)
Now I need to go to sleep before the banana chocolate chip muffins on my counter convince me to eat them!

congrats on getting through it! Surprising that you are good at it, but still don't like it? I struggle with it, which makes me not want to do it, but as I improve, I actually enjoy it more. Anyway, hang in there, try fountain of youth, and great job! Legs and Back is the one that I can't stand, it seems endless and dull to me. But its a great program

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter