• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

P90x

No pics here either... I honestly don't feel like i look that different from pre-p90 (even though every single person I know can only comment on how different I look, have I lost weight, etc.).

But in other news, I'm starting Insanity this Monday... Ugh... gotta motivate hardcore over the weekend! I'm a little nervous for this one!!!

Insanity is fantastic...I didn't think I could do it 6 days a week, but once you get through the first week, it gets easier and easier....well, NEVER EASY, but your body gets used to the workload! LOL...I love it! It looks very intimidating...and it is tough as heck, but definitely do-able!!!!! I loe it and I think I am addicted to it! Haha:rotfl2:

Which program did you like better - P90X or Insanity? I am also a runner (20-25 miles weekly), but I need to tone my core. What would you recommend?

P90X is more upper body...bicept/tricept/back/chest...only one legs and back workout dvd...there is kenpo cardio X, yoga X, one core cardio wkot, and at least one more 9off the top of my head)...tons and tons of upper body, of which women don't fixate on, like men do...I think P90X is awesome, but more suited for men, IMHO...

I think that INSANITY is for everyone....it's hard, it makes u leaner, and you work the CORE during every single workout! It's great! LOVE IT :love:and can't say enough about it...and I am not associated with beachbody at all (LMAO)...I just workout all the time! If you want something for strength taining after Insanity, I would suggest P90X for men and I would really recommend Chaleane Extreme for women! ALl the workouts are targeted better for women...focusing on lower body as much as upper body and there are some good cardio dvds in that set!

HTH

I didn't take pictures...I have always been a person who works out, so before I did the dvds I would run an average of 30 miles per week...so I don't think the pictures would do it justice! LOL My measurements definitely changed!!!!

It's fun! It makes you feel great!!

I wish I had taken pics before p90x,there is a definite difference. I plan to take pics before insanity, just to see what happens. Hoping to start that in June, have a nagging trapezius injury that is very very slowly getting better. Finally had to take a break from p90x to let it heal:mad:

I wish I had taken pics before p90x,there is a definite difference. I plan to take pics before insanity, just to see what happens. Hoping to start that in June, have a nagging trapezius injury that is very very slowly getting better. Finally had to take a break from p90x to let it heal:mad:

Me too, I realy wish I had taken pictures and done the measurements....I am thinking on the next round of either INSANITY or P90X, or a hybrid, or whatever I integrate...I will take before and after pictures and do the full measurements...Right now I am doing Atkins/low carb, and it is hard to workout to my normal intensity when I have no carbs! LOL...I am going to try to run 3 miles tomorrow, wish me luck!:yay:

Hey P90Xers. I'm on day 3 of the classic program. I'm a female, but in some sort of fit shape to start. I'm in need of some muscle tone and something to FINALLY rid me of this darn 37 yo, 2 children havin' belly pooch!

Glad to hear that it worked so well for some of you.

Those of you that finished, did you feel like you weren't doing enough cardio? That's how I feel right now. Prior to P90x I did 3 months of Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner stuff - pretty cardio intense. It just seems weird to have days where I just lift weights. I used to run before I started having knee problems and I think I'll add 3 days a week of a light 1-2 mile jog. I just can't see how this will limit my results with the official P90X program. But if I'm wrong, please let me know. :thumbsup2

Anyway, I'd love to work along with any of you who are currently doing the program. :goodvibes

Those of you that finished, did you feel like you weren't doing enough cardio? That's how I feel right now. Prior to P90x I did 3 months of Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner stuff - pretty cardio intense. It just seems weird to have days where I just lift weights. I used to run before I started having knee problems and I think I'll add 3 days a week of a light 1-2 mile jog. I just can't see how this will limit my results with the official P90X program. But if I'm wrong, please let me know. :thumbsup2

first off, congrats on starting and good luck. Its a great program, but you gotta stick with it. It will work, no doubt. Just hang in there.

As I mentioned above somewhere, I personally mixed in runs to varying degrees, esp when training for a race, so I got my cardio fix there. Plyo is a pretty intense cardio workout, and Cardio max isn't bad, but too short imo. Core Synergistics has a good mix of cardio and resistance, and is pretty tough. I am not a fan of the Kenpo workout, i don't think its intense enough, my HR typically doesn't get into the zone on that one. Its not cardio per se, but Ab Ripper always has me breathing pretty hard!

All things considered, I agree that the cardio could be better, but really, p90x isn't about the cardio the way Jillian's workouts are (love her 30 day shred btw, often will sub that in for, say, Kenpo).

I'm excited to try Insanity (hopefully next month) and anticipate eventually doing what texasteacher35 mentioned above, which is integrating the Insanity cardio into P90x.

Thanks Kirkson, I fully intend to stick with it! I'm so excited after reading about the results and seeing some real people result pics on the P90X message boards.

I think I will definitely be adding in some cardio on the lighter days (either running or my JM workouts). And yes, 30 day shred rocks! I remember my first day barely making it through level 1 and now I do level 2 & 3 back to back. :cool1: So fun to see your progress.

Please post back when you try Insanity. That looks like a totally killer cardio system but I have seen the after pics of several peopel who have actually developed quite a bit of muscle doing that too.

first off, congrats on starting and good luck. Its a great program, but you gotta stick with it. It will work, no doubt. Just hang in there.

As I mentioned above somewhere, I personally mixed in runs to varying degrees, esp when training for a race, so I got my cardio fix there. Plyo is a pretty intense cardio workout, and Cardio max isn't bad, but too short imo. Core Synergistics has a good mix of cardio and resistance, and is pretty tough. I am not a fan of the Kenpo workout, i don't think its intense enough, my HR typically doesn't get into the zone on that one. Its not cardio per se, but Ab Ripper always has me breathing pretty hard!

All things considered, I agree that the cardio could be better, but really, p90x isn't about the cardio the way Jillian's workouts are (love her 30 day shred btw, often will sub that in for, say, Kenpo).

I'm excited to try Insanity (hopefully next month) and anticipate eventually doing what texasteacher35 mentioned above, which is integrating the Insanity cardio into P90x.

I'll chime in here now, because I've posted here before. I am doing Insanity, I'm now in week 2 after restarting because I took a little time off, and I am LOVING it! Some of the reasons why I did Insanity instead of P90X were because of the cardio. It's truly insane on the level of cardio, and it ramps up way more into month two of the workout.

I don't want to violate any of the TOS here and seem like a huckster, but I've been so thrilled with doing the workouts that I've become a Team Beachbody coach. You can see my link in my signature, but it's www.goofyfitnessdad.com.

I am reviewing the workouts and giving a lof of content, and if you want to get any of the merchandise, please please please go through my products page, and tell a friend about me.

That's all the shameless self promotion I'll do.

On the running topic from mmouseforpres, I previously ran as my only exercise, did that for years and years. It about killed me to commit to 60 days of Insanity, but I did it. I'm mixing in running with my Insanity workouts, some days I'm too tired at the end, but other days I can run a half mile or a mile just to keep it going. I started on a Sunday rather than a Monday, whic makes Wednesday my "cardio recovery" day. I was not impressed with that Insanity workout, so I run on that day. Also, because of when I started, Saturday is my off day from Insanity, so I run about 6 miles on Saturday. One thing I'm about to add to my blog is a schedule where I mix in the Jeff Galloway marathon/half marathon training with Insanity, and show where you could do a hybrid of Insanity, focusing on the running. This would get you some great exercises for your core, like you want.

Sorry if I'm rambling, but I'm just really hooked on Insanity.

Please forgive the shameless plug, but, as in my blog, I hope I'm giving away way more information than I'm trying to promote.

I wanna wake this thread up for a question lol It seems that those who do P90x are already in great physical shape. I consider myself a moderate athlete (I am a beginner runner among other things) but I'm concerned i'll injure myself with the intense workout. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I wanna wake this thread up for a question lol It seems that those who do P90x are already in great physical shape. I consider myself a moderate athlete (I am a beginner runner among other things) but I'm concerned i'll injure myself with the intense workout. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Wow, haven't seen this thread in a while! LOL I was in your position when I started P90X and don't recall any injury the first time (I just started round 2 last week). Just do what you can and don't push too too hard. Modify some of the moves or do less reps until you can work your way up. Then you can use heavier weights, etc.

Not sure if this helps any, but for the record, I've done quite a few workout programs (I highlight my progress in my blog listed in my signature line), and P90X has given me, by far, the best results.

If you are still unsure, why not try something like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (which has 3 levels) and then move to P90X from there?

I still love P90x. I did it 3 full rounds, but now I have modified the strength routines, and only workout with the plyometric, yoga and ab ripper dvd's.

But I can tell you that although p90x is intense it really doesn't use heavy weights or lifts that are technically difficult. Where p90x packs a punch is in the cardio aspects of all the workouts. Even on the "lifting" days you are moving really fast between exercises, so your heart rate is always up.

Could you get hurt? There is always that possibility, but I think the workout does a great job at minimizing that. My advice would be to start out slow the first week or two. Do what you can for those first weeks. But by the third week, push to do what you never thought you could.

I have a simular question as PP. I need to lose about 20-25 lbs. I'm NOT fit, at ALL! I can't do a push-up, pull-up, or jumping jack. Ok, I CAN do a Jumping Jack, but not with out feeling like my bladder is about to bust. My DH started P90X about two weeks ago and looks great, but he had very little body fat, and was pretty great looking, just "loose in the cage" to steal a P90X line. I've been half heartedly trying the video's, we leave for WDW in a week, and I've decided to go ahead and go full-bore when I get back, diet program et al. Has anyone had luck going from flabby and out of shape, to thinner and in-shape? I'm not expecting a six-pack, I have birthed 6 kids, that's the only 6pack I'll ever see again. Still, I'd like to feel better about being in a bathing suit.

I have a simular question as PP. I need to lose about 20-25 lbs. I'm NOT fit, at ALL! I can't do a push-up, pull-up, or jumping jack. Ok, I CAN do a Jumping Jack, but not with out feeling like my bladder is about to bust. My DH started P90X about two weeks ago and looks great, but he had very little body fat, and was pretty great looking, just "loose in the cage" to steal a P90X line. I've been half heartedly trying the video's, we leave for WDW in a week, and I've decided to go ahead and go full-bore when I get back, diet program et al. Has anyone had luck going from flabby and out of shape, to thinner and in-shape? I'm not expecting a six-pack, I have birthed 6 kids, that the 6pack I'll ever see again. Still, I'd like to feel better about being in a bathing suit.

I had to chuckle at your post because you sound JUST like me (bladder and sacrificing your 6-pack to your kids and all :rotfl:). I do have more weight to lose than you do, more like 50 lbs.
I've only just begun--I'm about 3 weeks in now--but I'm sticking to it though I'm muddling through some of the moves that are still just impossible for me with my level of non-fitness. I'm starting to see the beginnings of some results. I've lost 7 lbs and more importantly I'm starting to see that my strength and endurance are increasing. I can actually do a couple of push-ups now and could not do even one good one when I started! :thumbsup2
I don't do the diet plan; my doctor recommended just a balanced diet of around 1500 calories a day and that is working out well for me. I'm sure if I followed the P90X eating plan to the letter I'd have better results but I have to do what I know I can stick to.

I also don't do the whole P90X yoga DVD. I'm not there yet AT ALL strengthwise. I substitute a shorter yoga DVD plus a short cardio DVD on my yoga day. Hoping to switch to P90X yoga at day 45.

Have a great trip to WDW. Good luck with P90X when you get back!

I also don't do the whole P90X yoga DVD. I'm not there yet AT ALL strengthwise. I substitute a shorter yoga DVD plus a short cardio DVD on my yoga day. Hoping to switch to P90X yoga at day 45.

Have a great trip to WDW. Good luck with P90X when you get back!
Thanks for your post. I actually do most exercises in my bedroom, so that when they are taking water breaks I quickly take a "water break" of my own in the master potty. I like the idea of substituting the yoga, I think I will do that also at first. The diet plan for P90X seems almost too much food for me to loose weight!? I may have to tweak that also. When I get back I may PM you to see how it's going, if that's ok?

Thanks for your post. I actually do most exercises in my bedroom, so that when they are taking water breaks I quickly take a "water break" of my own in the master potty. I like the idea of substituting the yoga, I think I will do that also at first. The diet plan for P90X seems almost too much food for me to loose weight!? I may have to tweak that also. When I get back I may PM you to see how it's going, if that's ok?

Those water breaks do come in really handy!
I would be glad to hear from you sometime later. Have a very nice trip! I'm so envious!

I walked into Weight Watchers on December 16th and weighed in at 297 pounds and knew I had to make a change. I had also ordered P90X several months ago but let my son borrow it. So I retrieved my workouts and started it three weeks ago (just completed the third week).

Now I had been an athlete my whole life so these workouts are what I loved to do. Could I keep up with Tony and the gang? Not a chance. But I did do what I could do (I did my best and forgot the rest:rolleyes1). My old football coach used to say "every day and every way, just a little bit better" and that is my goal. Now, am I keeping up with the gang, not really, but I am getting better. My second "go 'round", after WDW trip in April, I should be hanging with the team (accept the wall squats:scared1:)

So far I have lost 21 pounds and 2 inches off the waist.

Keep up the great job everyone.

Dave

wow scubad/dave thats great! i've started p90x for the 3rd time now. i've never gotten to the kempo dvd. i think this time i'm really going to go for it. i was trying to to do the doubles and by the time i got to the leg workout after just doing cardio i was just done. the wall squats killed me and i couldn't do anymore, i just stopped after that. i've never completed the yoga dvd either, it think i've gotten thru 30 minutes of it. it's just boring because you keep doing the same think over and over again. i like the idea someone had to substitute with a shorter yoga and a cardio dvd.

In regards to the yoga, if you can get through the 1st half, the 2nd is much much better. And no more vinyasa! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter