On This Disney Day In May - May 2023 Exercise Challenge

+90

230/1200

I have seen exactly none of those episodes! I pretty much gave up TV in the mid-90s. I lived in an apartment with no reception and just gave TV up rather than doing anything about it.
Just wanted to say I "liked" your post because that's how I keep track of which ones I've entered into the spreadsheet, not about the crappy reception!

I am back and ready to get working on my goal. I am going to go on the lower side with 620 since we are already part way through the month.
Nice to see you back!!

20 minutes for me yesterday (180/600).

:cheer2: As of now, the team is at 2,149 minutes. :cheer2:

Hi, everyone! Sorry for the late post today.

20 new minutes for me = 160/600,

the team is at 1,974 minutes,

and we have a bunch of color changes! :rainbow: Congrats to:
:sulley:Raya, :tigger:Bethislucy, :tigger: me(PollyannaMom), :figment:Oneanne, and the:tigger:TEAM!

On May 10th in 1996:
The television sitcom Step by Step airs part 2 of "We're Going to Disney World."

This was a popular gimmick for many TV shows, especially in the 1990s. Here is an article ranking of them:
https://wealthofgeeks.com/disney-tv-shows/

And here's a fun video about the trend:

How many of these fun episodes have you seen? Do you have a favorite?
I've only seen the Full House episodes, so I guess those are my favorites! Ha!

+25 for me = 205/600

and congrats to :tigger: livih99 on turning Tigger Orange!!

On May 11th in 2013:
Walt Disney World officially crowns Merida from Disney/Pixar’s "Brave" as the 11th Disney Princess. Her coronation ceremony fittingly takes place in front of Cinderella Castle, just steps away from her own Magic Kingdom meet-and-greet spot. Just after the theme park opening, Princess Merida is joined for the first time by all ten of her fellow royals, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Jasmine, Belle, Mulan, Pocahontas, Tiana, and Rapunzel, welcoming her to the group.

Here's a quiz if you'd like to test your Brave movie knowledge:
https://www.popbuzz.com/tv-film/quizzes/brave-movie-trivia-quiz/

20 minutes for me yesterday = 225/600

and congrats to :tigger: Raya and :tigger: sophy1996 on reaching Tigger Orange!!

The team is at 3,170 minutes (41%) with 688 minutes to go to reach Figment Purple!

On May 12th in 1934:
Winnie the Bear (the real life inspiration for Winnie-the Pooh) passed away at the London Zoo at the ripe old age of 20 (a good life span for a bear). A female black bear, Winnie had been living at the zoo since 1915. Playful and gentle, she had become well-liked by writer A. A. Milne's son Christopher Robin.

Here is a little more detail:

On May 13th in 2009:
The 62nd Cannes Film Festival kicks off with Disney-Pixar's newest 3D feature Up.

p_up_19753_e6f911e3.jpeg

Some Up trivia from IMDb:

The very first animated film, as well as the first 3-D film, ever to open the Cannes Film Festival. When the film was over, the Festival audience remained completely silent. During a panel at the 2011 D23 Expo, executive producer John Lasseter said that it was actress Tilda Swinton who broke the silence by applauding and leading the audience in a standing ovation.

The villain Charles Muntz has a similar name to Charles Mintz, the Universal Pictures executive who in 1928 stole Walt Disney's production rights to his highly-successful "Oswald the Lucky Rabbit" cartoon series. This led Walt Disney to create Mickey Mouse, who soon eclipsed Oswald in popularity.

Dug's 'point' pose, where his entire tail, back, and head is in a perfectly straight line, is an homage to the identical pose that Mickey's dog Pluto often makes. Dug also has a color scheme similar to Pluto's.

In the German dubbed version, Dug is distracted by a cat, not squirrel, due to cat (Katze) being a shorter word than squirrel (Eichhörnchen).

The term 'A113' is the number of the courtroom, and can be found on the gold sign Carl sits next to while waiting to be called (Courtroom A113). A113 is a frequent Pixar in-joke based on one of the room numbers for the animation program at Cal Arts.

When Carl's house first takes off and when the camera zooms out from the parking lot at the end, Pixar's trademark Pizza Planet truck introduced in Toy Story (1995) can be seen.

Pixar is known (at least by devoted Pixar fans) for referring to a character in their next movie to come out in their most recent one. A stuffed Lotso bear (from Toy Story 3 (2010)) appears (along with the ball from Luxo Jr. (1986) and the plane from Toy Story (1995)) in the room of a little girl Carl passes when his house first takes off.

Up's musical score has become the tenth musical score (and the third from an animated film) to win the Grammy, Golden Globe, and Academy Award for "Best Original Score". The other previous winners are Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969), Jaws (1975), Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977), E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982), Out of Africa (1985), Beauty and the Beast (1991), Aladdin (1992), The English Patient (1996), and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003).

Last edited:
40 minutes for me = 265/600

:cheer2: and the team is at 3,210 minutes!!

On May 14th in 1958:
The Walt Disney Presents TV series features episode 99 - "Magic Highway U.S.A." written and produced by Ward Kimball. The first 45 minutes of the show teaches viewers about highway development, through archival footage. (Only recently have Americans been introduced to the Interstate road system.) The last 15 minutes of the episode features a sleek and stylized presentation of future America. Informally titled “The Road Ahead,” and using limited animation, the segment demonstrates futuristic transportation concepts.

Here's a clip:

+ 150 minutes for yesterday... mostly more gardening. I'm down to clearing and prepping the last raised bed, but it is a monster at 10ft x 10ft. I need to get at least half of it ready asap, so I can put in the pumpkin and sunflower starts.

1360/1395... 97%

Today is Pilates and lawn mowing, so I'll hit my 1395 goal mid-month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter