On This Disney Day In May - May 2023 Exercise Challenge

30 minutes for me yesterday, for 75/600.

That brings me (PollyannaMom) to Sully Blue, along with Bethislucy and the TEAM!! :sulley::sulley::sulley:
And Oneanne is bouncing into Tigger Orange range! :tigger:

On May 5th in1987:
Disneyland introduces Disney Dollars, its exclusive line of currency featuring Mickey Mouse on the $1 bill and Goofy on the $5 bill.

Does anyone else remember these? When DS was little, we used to give them to him when we had a trip coming up. I think I still have one or two in a scrapbook somewhere.

+20 minutes I remember those Mickey dollars! They sold them at Publix where I went to high school (about an hour from Disney). They caused a big stir among the senior citizens who got grumpy about counterfeit currency and how the grocery store shouldn't be promoting it. I don't want to sound like I'm waxing nostalgic, but man, I can't image getting upset about something as benign as a Mickey dollar after 2020.

72/600

25 walking minutes since my last post, which brings me to 100/600.

The team is at 892 minutes, and we're congratulating sophy1996 on reaching Sully Blue!! :sulley:

On May 7th in 1917:
Actor & Disney Legend David Tomlinson, best known for his role of George W. Banks in the 1964 Mary Poppins, is born in Henley-on-Thames, England. An eccentric English gent who could make us laugh with his upwardly mobile eyebrows, his Disney live-action credits also included The Love Bug (playing the evil Thorndyke) and Bedknobs and Broomsticks (as the humbug professor of magical arts, Emelius Browne). Tomlinson was inducted a Disney Legend in 2002, two years after his death at age 83.

40 minutes for me = 140/600

And congrats to today's color changes -
:sulley: livih99 reaching Sully Blue and :tigger:Twilight Sparkle jumping straight to Tigger Orange!

On May 8th in 1926:
Legendary comedian/actor Don Rickles, the voice of Mr. Potato Head in all 4 of Pixar's Toy Story films, is born in Queens, New York. He also voiced everyone's favorite spud in the television specials Toy Story of Terror! (2013) and Toy Story That Time Forgot (2014). Although he would pass away before the 2019 Toy Story 4 could be made, he took part in the production via archival recordings. The film was later dedicated to him. Rickles as Mr. Potato Head is also featured in the Toy Story Midway Mania! attraction at both Disney's California Adventure and Disney's Hollywood Studios. He is also the voice of William in Disney World's Enchanted Tiki Room attraction and The Boss in the 1997 animated short Redux Riding Hood.

30 minutes for me yesterday, for 75/600.

That brings me (PollyannaMom) to Sully Blue, along with Bethislucy and the TEAM!! :sulley::sulley::sulley:
And Oneanne is bouncing into Tigger Orange range! :tigger:

On May 5th in1987:
Disneyland introduces Disney Dollars, its exclusive line of currency featuring Mickey Mouse on the $1 bill and Goofy on the $5 bill.

Does anyone else remember these? When DS was little, we used to give them to him when we had a trip coming up. I think I still have one or two in a scrapbook somewhere.
I used to love using these!

Hi, everyone! Sorry for the late post today.

20 new minutes for me = 160/600,

the team is at 1,974 minutes,

and we have a bunch of color changes! :rainbow: Congrats to:
:sulley:Raya, :tigger:Bethislucy, :tigger: me(PollyannaMom), :figment:Oneanne, and the:tigger:TEAM!

On May 10th in 1996:
The television sitcom Step by Step airs part 2 of "We're Going to Disney World."

This was a popular gimmick for many TV shows, especially in the 1990s. Here is an article ranking of them:
https://wealthofgeeks.com/disney-tv-shows/

And here's a fun video about the trend:

How many of these fun episodes have you seen? Do you have a favorite?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter