On This Disney Day In May - May 2023 Exercise Challenge

25 minutes for me (340/600) and the team is over 5,000!!! :cheer2:

On May 18th in 1904:
Actor Fred Shields, the narrator of Disney's 1942 Saludos Amigos and 1944 The Three Caballeros, is born in Kansas City, Missouri. The voice of Bambi's father, the Great Prince of the forest, in Disney's 1942 Bambi, he also narrated such Goofy shorts as How to Play Golf and How to Play Baseball.

* He's at 1:25 in that video, and here is his IMDb page:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0793195/

On May 19th in 1960:
Disney's comedy-drama Pollyanna starring Hayley Mills, Jane Wyman, Karl Malden, Richard Egan, Kevin Corcoran, and Nancy Olsen (and based on a 1913 novel by Eleanor H. Porter) is released. Her first (of what will be 6) Disney films and her American film debut, it will earn Mills an Academy Award. Orphaned yet cheerful Pollyanna (Mills) comes to live with her dour Aunt Polly Harrington (Wyman) who sternly runs her small New England town. Directed by David Swift (his first Disney feature), the cast also includes Adolphe Menjou, Donald Crisp, Agnes Moorehead, and James Drury.

P.S. - I won't have access to my spreadsheet for a couple of days over the weekend, but will catch numbers up soon!

Hang on to your hats, because this has been the wildest ride in the wilderness! 29 miles in 6 days.

5/17 - 3 miles walking, 13 minutes
5/18 - 9.3 miles walking the parks, 107 minutes
5/19 - 2,17 miles walking, 82 minutes
5/20 - 3 miles walking and snorkeling, 75 minutes
5/21 - 3.3 miles walking, 17 minutes
5/22 - 8 miles walking the parks, 59 minutes

353 minutes for my Disney Adventure! :) I'll spare you the gruesome pictures, but even my blisters have blisters! But totally worth it!

510/600

40 minutes for me - I managed a little walking, but the main purpose of my quick trip was to surprise my Dad for his birthday. pixiedust: DS went too, and we had a great time!

I've caught up the spreadsheet this morning, and we have lots of color changes! :rainbow: Congrats to:

:car: livih99

:figment::ccat:Raya
:ccat:Bethislucy

:sulley:piglet1979
, and
:ccat:the team!

We are collectively at 6,213 minutes and 81% of goal! :cheer2:

On May 23rd in 1955:
Fourteen-year-old actor Tim Considine is signed to a $400-a-week contract to play Spin in Disney's Spin and Marty TV serial.

Good morning, all!

I'm adding 55 minutes, for 435/600, and the team is at 6,464 minutes and 84%!!

Congrats to :ccat: sophy1996 on reaching Cheshire Cat Pink, and :hmghost: livih99 on reaching goal with a whole week to spare!!!!

On May 24th in 1913:
Award-winning matte designer, special effects creator, artist and Disney Legend Peter Ellenshaw is born in London, England. Best known for his incredible matte paintings, he worked as a special effects technician/matte artist on such Disney films as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Treasure Island, The Story of Robin Hood, and most famously Mary Poppins - for which he won an Academy Award. He was also awarded an Oscar for the 1971 Bedknobs and Broomsticks for art direction. His talent and experience in special visual effects was so respected that Disney called him out of retirement after 10 years to work on the 1979 on The Black Hole. After he retired from the film business, he dedicated his life to fine art painting.
1684941048822.png1684941495388.png

Bio:
https://d23.com/walt-disney-legend/peter-ellenshaw/

More Artwork:
https://disneyartonmain.com/collections/artist-peter-ellenshaw

Only managed 10 minutes yesterday (445/600) but should have more time today.

:cheer2: Team total is up to 6,894 minutes, and we're less than an hour from red! :cheer2:

On May 25th in 1966:
An article about Walt Disney's visit to Rochester, New York on this day runs in the Democrat & Chronicle. Walt came to Midtown Plaza at 11 a.m., the first urban shopping mall in the United States. Having just undertaken plans to build a super-city in Florida, he was anxious to see Midtown's high wide ceiling and rooftop hotel. Three hours later, an impressed Walt Disney was back on his private plane heading home. (Midtown Plaza remained as a retail hub for Rochester for another two decades, but struggled after the closing of it's two anchor stores in the mid-1990s. It closed in 2008 and was demolished in 2010.)

https://www.democratandchronicle.co...25/50-years-ago-disney-came-midtown/84903570/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter