***Official January 2023 Thread***

Quick help! Instead of leaving this weekend, we had to reschedule our trip. So far, have it planned for last full week of January. TP actually says crowds are slightly higher that week vs the week before President's Day in February. Would you still stick with Jan?

I am struggling big time this week trying to figure out when to go since I had every single detail planned out for next week.We even had an Akershus reservation I stayed online for hours to get when they re-opened. 😭 Now, there's basically no chance for getting a reservation for a party of 8 in January!
Personally, I would still stick with January. The week leading up to President's Day is the final week of EPCOT's Festival of the Arts. Not sure if that would matter to you, but it might be a busier time, especially with President's Weekend thrown in.

I just conducted a quick, unscientific, unofficial poll by looking for resort availability from January 22-28 versus February 12-18. There seemed to be more availability across all categories of resorts with more favorable pricing in January than February. Play around with dates and see if you see the same thing.

And keep checking for that Akershus! Remember, diners can now hold ADRs up until 2 hours of their reservation time. So, same day reservations are also a possibility.

Hi everyone! Just found this thread but have had our trip planned for a long while now - 8-15 Jan. We are coming from Australia after our May 2020 trip was cancelled due to travel restrictions.

Can't wait, my husband and I are coming together for a very belated honeymoon!
Congratulations! You've been added!

(If you'd like me to add your hotel, just let me know!)

Holy moly, our first park day is January 22nd! I'm so glad we will get one last shot to ride it (assuming they don't close it a day early, not sure if that's something that happens).
Ours too! I'd mentally assumed there was no chance we'd get to ride Splash Mountain. It was my favorite ride the last time I went so I'm excited to get to share it with the kids.

The only thing I'm worried about is how it might affect park attendance that day. I'm imagining some people coming for the week will shift their plans to do MK on Sunday so they get to ride it.

Ours too! I'd mentally assumed there was no chance we'd get to ride Splash Mountain. It was my favorite ride the last time I went so I'm excited to get to share it with the kids.

The only thing I'm worried about is how it might affect park attendance that day. I'm imagining some people coming for the week will shift their plans to do MK on Sunday so they get to ride it.
I had slightly questioned the wisdom of paying extra for park hoppers, but this news clinches it - it is worth the extra money even if we only used hopping to go to MK just for a ride on Splash (planning on prioritizing this G+LL that morning). We can pop in for the ride, I can have a good cry saying hi to the castle, and then we'll pop out for our afternoon at Animal Kingdom LOL. My daughter loves Splash Mountain and she won't care that it is in desperate need of maintenance - she just loves all the little drops and the BIG drop at the end 😆

January 28-Feb. 1, 2023 short trip after the Holidays

waiting on FAntasmic! dining packages.....

We are staying @ POFQ atm but may change to AKL. We are DVC but when not using points, POFQ is our go to resort. It is the very first resort we stayed at still "home" to us. AKL is our home resort and we love it but we use our points for the EPCOT resorts when possible because we enjoy the festivals and being able to walk to two parks.

January 28-Feb. 1, 2023 short trip after the Holidays

waiting on FAntasmic! dining packages.....

We are staying @ POFQ atm but may change to AKL. We are DVC but when not using points, POFQ is our go to resort. It is the very first resort we stayed at still "home" to us. AKL is our home resort and we love it but we use our points for the EPCOT resorts when possible because we enjoy the festivals and being able to walk to two parks.
Welcome! You've been added!

I finally put in parks days today, January availability is so different from other times when we go, all parks were still open. I added a day to our tickets today as DD was able to ask for vacation days.
I got our other side tickets too and picked our Saturday night hotel: I picked a moderate at universal. I don’t think we are going to any parks Saturday.
Going to go see what dining reservation are left.

Have a solo trip planned Jan21 - 27 at POFQ. Dining ressies done. I was surprised that dining for the 24th at HS was booked. The only thing available was SciFI at 11am. I went solo in Sept and went to MNSSHP and had a blast. Debating on doing Keys to the Kingdom again. 47 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!