***Official January 2023 Thread***

Have you begun packing yet? 😉 I'm always curious when folks start packing for Disney. I usually start the process a month out because there are plenty of items to gather that I don't use in my day to day life and it makes the trip feel that much closer 😄
We are three weeks out and just started 'packing' this past weekend. So far, it's only items we'll need in the car--like a map, utensils, straws, and paper towels.

At this point, if we think of something, it will get placed in a pile by the front door. Speaking of which, our gift cards will be going in the pile now!

I can't even think about packing - I have only gone so far as to make a small list of essentials. It's so busy around the holidays.

The January weather seems like the November weather but more consistently cool. November is when I usually go and it can be 50-90 but generally low rain. So maybe just 1-2 pairs of shorts and a few more hoodies and a light jacket.

For those who do grocery delivery - who do you order from and when do you order? I have done garden grocer in the past, but I am not sure if there is anyone better these days.

We are three weeks out and just started 'packing' this past weekend. So far, it's only items we'll need in the car--like a map, utensils, straws, and paper towels.

At this point, if we think of something, it will get placed in a pile by the front door. Speaking of which, our gift cards will be going in the pile now!
That's exactly why I start packing so early - I have a good packing list typed up, but sometimes you think of something randomly and it's nice to just chuck it on the pile in the moment so you can't forget LOL

I can't even think about packing - I have only gone so far as to make a small list of essentials. It's so busy around the holidays.

The January weather seems like the November weather but more consistently cool. November is when I usually go and it can be 50-90 but generally low rain. So maybe just 1-2 pairs of shorts and a few more hoodies and a light jacket.

For those who do grocery delivery - who do you order from and when do you order? I have done garden grocer in the past, but I am not sure if there is anyone better these days.
I have gone in January this year and 2019, it was MUCH colder than anticipated and consistently drizzled (hate that).

We did instacart last time.

We will be there January 11-16 at All Star Sports. First time back since we "survived" Hurricane Elsa in July 2021. This will be a different experience as we are coming due to having a college dancer. (Yes we will be part of the infamous UDA group.) Its our first time coming for once of these dance competition weeks, as our daughter's HS team never came to UDA. I am a heavy planner, so having so much uncertainty due to not having performance times to plan ADRs has been killing me. Not having performance times is also making planning on which parks to reserve for which day almost impossible too. My two youngest and I are hardcore rope droppers, but without performance times we aren't sure which will be the best park to rope drop (and enjoy the early resort half hour). We also haven't officially been told which park the Sunday night UDA event will be at, but it looks like according to a post on page 1 it will be the Magic Kingdom, so we can probably spend less time there the rest of the week.
Like I said, normally I'd have this planned out down to the minute ;) but the uncertainty is making me a little "itchy". My wife is the opposite, she is very much a go with the flow, so she's feeling less stressed. I also think she's secretly enjoying watching my anxiety grow each day...

30 days until arrival :)

Quick note to anyone going to WDW end of January: on Tuesday, January 31 MK will be closing early (4:30) for a private event. This means evenings at the other parks will likely be more crowded than usual (although MK itself will likely be less crowded, as people are less likely to do a perk res when it closes that early).

Have you begun packing yet? 😉 I'm always curious when folks start packing for Disney. I usually start the process a month out because there are plenty of items to gather that I don't use in my day to day life and it makes the trip feel that much closer 😄

@SheSingsAlong, I started tossing a couple of things in the suitcase yesterday - I totally agree with you that it makes the time go by faster!

I have done Instacart and Garden Grocer and I prefer Garden Grocer because they will drop off beer and wine without me having to be there… but I think the prices were better through Instacart if that’s a deciding factor for you, and they were very efficient and showed up on time.

We will be there January 11-16 at All Star Sports. First time back since we "survived" Hurricane Elsa in July 2021. This will be a different experience as we are coming due to having a college dancer. (Yes we will be part of the infamous UDA group.) Its our first time coming for once of these dance competition weeks, as our daughter's HS team never came to UDA. I am a heavy planner, so having so much uncertainty due to not having performance times to plan ADRs has been killing me. Not having performance times is also making planning on which parks to reserve for which day almost impossible too. My two youngest and I are hardcore rope droppers, but without performance times we aren't sure which will be the best park to rope drop (and enjoy the early resort half hour). We also haven't officially been told which park the Sunday night UDA event will be at, but it looks like according to a post on page 1 it will be the Magic Kingdom, so we can probably spend less time there the rest of the week.
Like I said, normally I'd have this planned out down to the minute ;) but the uncertainty is making me a little "itchy". My wife is the opposite, she is very much a go with the flow, so she's feeling less stressed. I also think she's secretly enjoying watching my anxiety grow each day...

30 days until arrival :)
Best wishes for a great competition! You've been added!

We pack last minute, and haven't been in cooler weather in a long time, so will wait to see forecasts. We did buy travel size deodorant and face cleanser this weekend lol.

I also made a rough itinerary for each day based on DTB blog yesterday.

I still haven't figured out what to do on groceries. We normally just pack some cereal and bowls, then buy milk at gift shop. DD's BF wants to bring food into the parks, and we'll have a kitchenette this time. I've never done a grocery delivery but might look into it. If he just wants a couple packs of lunch meat and bread we can maybe pack that, but I may or may not want bottled water too (we have Brita bottles though).

Quick note to anyone going to WDW end of January: on Tuesday, January 31 MK will be closing early (4:30) for a private event. This means evenings at the other parks will likely be more crowded than usual (although MK itself will likely be less crowded, as people are less likely to do a perk res when it closes that early).
I actually booked our trip after I saw this was announced last month! Love MK on days it closes early.

Less than 2 weeks before we leave home for FL at 5-6am on Dec 26th!! We are driving from Montreal to Cocoa beach first (close to a 24h drive with quick stops for fuel and food) so we can visit the NASA for DH on the 28th. That means I need to start packing this weekend since I will have no time to pack last minute with Christmas the weekend before ( I still haven't wrapped any gifts yet either). Since we drive, I don't have to worry too much about space so the plan is to pack both summer and fall clothes (jeans, sweatshirts, long sleeves) including a light down jacket that we will wear for stops while we are still north. As for grocery, the plan is to stop at Publix to buy some disposable bowls and spoons, cereals, breakfast bars, fruits and milk before checking in at POFQ.

At least, all my plans for our WDW stay are finalized. We have more or less 1 ADR per day (Yak and Yeti, Skipper Canteen, Space 220 lounge, Teppan Edo, Morimoto, 50' PT F! pkg, Oga's, 'Ohana breakfast and Storybook dining) but I'm now considering on cancelling a few and just go with the flow instead. I'm just afraid it will be very difficult for me to safely eat varied food if we mostly do QS. I need to read (again) all the QS menus to see what would be safe for me (e.g. no mammalian products -- beef, pork, dairy). Luckily, with the new 2h rule for cancellations, I don't have to decide right now.

Please add us to the list: RR Jan 3-5. Brief trip as we are FL resident AP holders. Glad we will get to see the decorations at MK before they are taken down. Excited to see the return of Fantasmic, too. Hoping we get to hear "September" on Guardians.

Wishing for some cooler weather. I live in S Florida, and our last true cold front was in October! Yes, the temps have gone down at night, but it has consistently been 80 degrees for weeks. I know this sounds like a dream to those of you in cold climates, but I just would love to have a sweater weather day. Hopefully, that's the case during our Jan visit.

Please add us to the list: RR Jan 3-5. Brief trip as we are FL resident AP holders. Glad we will get to see the decorations at MK before they are taken down. Excited to see the return of Fantasmic, too. Hoping we get to hear "September" on Guardians.

Wishing for some cooler weather. I live in S Florida, and our last true cold front was in October! Yes, the temps have gone down at night, but it has consistently been 80 degrees for weeks. I know this sounds like a dream to those of you in cold climates, but I just would love to have a sweater weather day. Hopefully, that's the case during our Jan visit.
Welcome! You've been added!

I actually booked our trip after I saw this was announced last month! Love MK on days it closes early.
I mean it will be a great day at MK for sure :-) but we made sure not to plan for that to be our Fantasmic or Harmonious day. Seems like it would be absolutely bonkers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter