***Official January 2023 Thread***

Booked dining this morning and it was a breeze compared to my experience booking it for our trip this past September! Which is a bit surprising since the September trip was 10 days and this January trip is only 5 days, and I booked late this morning, at like 6:45. Got everything we wanted at the time we wanted. Wahoo!

If MK closes at 430, any guesses on last dining reservation time? 4?
That's a good question. Last ADRs are generally up to (and even sometimes after) park close. They might be stricter with ADRs when a private party is potentially happening, so 4pm sounds reasonable. If you happen to book something (or if someone has personal experience), let us know!

The flight prices for Southwest went crazy cheap today for cyber Monday, so on a whim I scheduled a trip for me and my son to go January 21-24! I have my annual pass until 1/28 and still deciding whether or not to renew, so I wanted to get in one last trip. So between the cheap flights and an annual pass discount on the room, this is a very cheap trip! Now fingers crossed that there won't be a snow storm!

ADRs for 1/15 & 1/16 at HS finally dropped tonight, (11/28/22) about 9:10 pm eastern. But not all at once. I happened to check and saw HW Brown Derby was open and then about 10 minutes later Sci-Fi,and then Mama Melrose's.

I did at least get close to the times I wanted. Disappointed that it took Disney 2 weeks beyond my 60+ 4 day window to finally make these available.

Last edited:

ADRs for 1/15 & 1/16 at HS finally dropped tonight, (11/28/22) about 9:10 pm eastern. But not all at once. I happened to check and saw HW Brown Derby was open and then about 10 minutes later Sci-Fi,and then Mama Melrose's.

I did at least get close to the times I wanted. Disappointed that it took Disney 2 weeks beyond my 60+ 4 day window to finally make these available.
Strange on 11/8 I was able to book my 1/17 Brown Derby (also looking to switch to fantasmic so still refreshing regularly)

The flight prices for Southwest went crazy cheap today for cyber Monday, so on a whim I scheduled a trip for me and my son to go January 21-24! I have my annual pass until 1/28 and still deciding whether or not to renew, so I wanted to get in one last trip. So between the cheap flights and an annual pass discount on the room, this is a very cheap trip! Now fingers crossed that there won't be a snow storm!
Seriously, my trip is 1/31-2/8 and I’m also worried about a snow storm especially since “Murphy’s Law” always seems to apply to me!🤞

Welcome! You've been added!

(If you'd like me to add your hotel information, just let me know!)

Booked ADRs this morning. We got everything we wanted except for Akershus. Anybody else have trouble booking it? I looked this morning right when reservations opened at 60 +7 days out for 2 people and nothing popped up. I'm thinking they might not have dropped reservations for it or there was some sort of glitch?? I saw plenty of Space 220 and other hard to book reservations but not a single Akershus on any day. What are the chances something will open up at some point?

Booked ADRs this morning. We got everything we wanted except for Akershus. Anybody else have trouble booking it? I looked this morning right when reservations opened at 60 +7 days out for 2 people and nothing popped up. I'm thinking they might not have dropped reservations for it or there was some sort of glitch?? I saw plenty of Space 220 and other hard to book reservations but not a single Akershus on any day. What are the chances something will open up at some point?
I assume something will open up. Keep checking, and worst case scenario, look during your vacation for those dropped ADRs. With the new cancellation policy, people will be able to hold onto ADRs up until 2 hours of their reservation time. So, check around lunchtime for a dinner reservation to pop up.

Going in January to Universal and Disney from 1/5 to 1/14. Staying offsite from 1/5 to 1/10 and Swan from 1/10 to 1/14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter