Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I gave a valid answer the first time and I believe you asked me if I was guessing. I just didn't understand why the answer didn't seem valid.

Not that has been reported so I would guess 'no' as that would be pretty big news! It would add so many dining options for people more easily then going to a resort and then to DS.

Do they have busses FROM DS back to the Parks? Or do you have to go to a hotel and transfer? Arrival day we have late lunch in DS and then heading to HS for my son to make a lightsaber during our March trip and just wondering if I need to rethink riding the busses.

Do they have busses FROM DS back to the Parks? Or do you have to go to a hotel and transfer? Arrival day we have late lunch in DS and then heading to HS for my son to make a lightsaber during our March trip and just wondering if I need to rethink riding the busses.
No. You must go to a resort and transfer. Saves people parking at DS for free and heading to a park.

If you take bus to CBR Jamaica station and walk to the Skyliner station, you won't have to wait for a 2nd bus. Or you can take bus to BW and walk the distance to DHS.

Yeah, I think going to CBR and taking skyliner on our first day will probably be our option. It will give us the opportunity to ride it.

I need to get from the Poly to a Topolinos breakfast at 8:45 on a day that the earliest park opening is MK/AK at 9 AM. Have a wheelchair, so really want to stay within Disney transportation, wheelchair taxis are expensive and not always easy to come by.
Which is better, walk to TTC and get Monorail/ferry to MK then bus to Riviera, or bus from poly to whichever bus comes first, then transfer to Riviera bus?
MK opens at 9, AK opens at 9, HS opens at 10, EP opens at 11.
We have park reservations for HS that day, but rope drop isn't essential.

I need to get from the Poly to a Topolinos breakfast at 8:45 on a day that the earliest park opening is MK/AK at 9 AM. Have a wheelchair, so really want to stay within Disney transportation, wheelchair taxis are expensive and not always easy to come by.
Which is better, walk to TTC and get Monorail/ferry to MK then bus to Riviera, or bus from poly to whichever bus comes first, then transfer to Riviera bus?
MK opens at 9, AK opens at 9, HS opens at 10, EP opens at 11.
We have park reservations for HS that day, but rope drop isn't essential.
Since transportation to the parks is currently starting between 60-75 mins before park opening, I think your choice to walk to TTC, take the monorail/ferry then transfer to Riviera will get you there faster. Either way it will be nip and tuck to get to your 8:45 reservation but if you're late my experience is they're very understanding and accommodating. If it were me I would try to be at the TTC by 7:45ish (not sure what time they're allowing walkers to enter TTC) but this will give you the most time to get to your reservation.

I am recommending this method because transportation from TTC to MK runs consistently once Disney transportation starts operating. You will only need to wait once and this is for the bus to Riviera. I feel you are more likely to get to your dining reservation ontime of you head to the TTC rather than have to wait for a bus to AK and then wait a second time for a bus to Riviera.

Last edited:

First week of June 2021, I am booked at Pop Century for three nights. Then I have another reservation at the Beach Club for six nights. My niece will be with me and she has a vehicle so the luggage transfer is covered. But I use a power wheelchair and her vehicle is definitely not equipped for transporting the chair. I am planning on taking a bus from Pop to one of the parks then getting the bus to the Beach Club from there. My question is, "Which park is the best choice?" I was not planning on using a park admission on the transfer day so going to Epcot and through the park is not the answer.

First week of June 2021, I am booked at Pop Century for three nights. Then I have another reservation at the Beach Club for six nights. My niece will be with me and she has a vehicle so the luggage transfer is covered. But I use a power wheelchair and her vehicle is definitely not equipped for transporting the chair. I am planning on taking a bus from Pop to one of the parks then getting the bus to the Beach Club from there. My question is, "Which park is the best choice?" I was not planning on using a park admission on the transfer day so going to Epcot and through the park is not the answer.
Thankfully this will be a very easy transition for you.

1. Skyliner from Pop to Caribbean Beach
2. Skyliner from CBR to Epcot
3. When you get to the Epcot station you can either drive your scooter to the Beach Club Resort or, take a Friendship boat to Beach Club

A second option would be:
1. Skyliner from Pop to CBR
2. Skyliner from CBR to DHS
3. Friendship boat from DHS to Beach Club

Since transportation to the parks is currently starting between 60-75 mins before park opening, I think your choice to walk to TTC, take the monorail/ferry then transfer to Riviera will get you there faster. Either way it will be nip and tuck to get to your 8:45 reservation but if you're late my experience is they're very understanding and accommodating. If it were me I would try to be at the TTC by 7:45ish (not sure what time they're allowing walkers to enter TTC) but this will give you the most time to get to your reservation.

I am recommending this method because transportation from TTC to MK runs consistently once Disney transportation starts operating. You will only need to wait once and this is for the bus to Riviera. I feel you are more likely to get to your dining reservation ontime of you head to the TTC rather than have to wait for a bus to AK and then wait a second time for a bus to Riviera.

I would doublecheck your options cause the early morn bus are concentrating on dropping off guests to make the return for another bus load focusing only on dropping off... quite possibly not even looking for guests at the Riviera Bus return this early. This has happened to me a long time ago... bus drivers just kept driving past me .
Maybe it is different now but Maybe might not be the good answer.
And honestly don’t think I can figure out the correct transport currently.
Seems like Disney just expects Uber lyftt to solve everybody’s transport needs. But they are only responding to all the guests preferences as discussed constantly online!
Good luck but let us know if you solve this one . Cause it is an important question for many.
Early bus from Poly to HS then skyline to Caribbean Beach transfer to Riviera? ? Sorry so confusing. I have heard Topolinos is worth it !

Last edited:
Thankfully this will be a very easy transition for you.

1. Skyliner from Pop to Caribbean Beach
2. Skyliner from CBR to Epcot
3. When you get to the Epcot station you can either drive your scooter to the Beach Club Resort or, take a Friendship boat to Beach Club

A second option would be:
1. Skyliner from Pop to CBR
2. Skyliner from CBR to DHS
3. Friendship boat from DHS to Beach Club

Thank you. These are such great ideas. I did not get an opportunity to use the Skyliner it on my last trip (January of 2020) so I did not think about them both being Skyliner resorts. I will not be trying to transfer resorts at park opening so it should be very doable.

Can someone tell me how to get from VGF to Topilino’s Terrace for a 9:35 a.m. breakfast reservation? If we have to take a Lyft we will, but was hoping to use free Disney transportation. Thank you 🙏

Whats the easiest way to get from Poly to Chef Mickeys at CR for breakfast?
Since the monorail is currently not stopping at Poly, you may wish to walk to the TTC and then take the monorail to CR. I believe this would be easiest.

Or, IF they are offering bus service to MK (honestly don't know what they've put in place with the monorail not stopping at Poly due to construction) a bus to the MK and walking to CR might be another option but I believe the first option is better.

Do busses run TO the parks until an hour after close? Staying at the Swan and wondering if I can take a bus back to Epcot or HS after our dinner at Sanaa (if we finish within an hour of one of those closing). Thank you!

Do busses run TO the parks until an hour after close? Staying at the Swan and wondering if I can take a bus back to Epcot or HS after our dinner at Sanaa (if we finish within an hour of one of those closing). Thank you!
I’m not sure if they do but once a park closes, entrance is not allowed. It is not possible to walk from the Epcot bus stop to the Swan without going through the park.

When we have had later dining reservations we have taken a bus from the resort we dined at to Disney Springs and then one to our resort.

I’m not sure if it is Disney buses or Mears that are currently servicing the Swan but with the option above you could take a bus to one of the Boardwalk resorts and possibly walk to Swan from there or even take a Friendship boat if they’re still running.

I’m not sure if they do but once a park closes, entrance is not allowed. It is not possible to walk from the Epcot bus stop to the Swan without going through the park.

When we have had later dining reservations we have taken a bus from the resort we dined at to Disney Springs and then one to our resort.

I’m not sure if it is Disney buses or Mears that are currently servicing the Swan but with the option above you could take a bus to one of the Boardwalk resorts and possibly walk to Swan from there or even take a Friendship boat if they’re still running.
Good point about walking through Epcot. But if i could find out if they are still RUNNING after close then I could bus from AKL to HS and walk. We like to avoid DS. Thanks!

Last edited:
Do busses run TO the parks until an hour after close?

Officially, the answer to your question is "no."

However, a couple of years ago I was at AKL trying to get back to Contemporary just after 10pm. My plan was to take bus to MK (which closed at 10pm) and then walk back to Contemporary. The Magic Kingdom bus pulled up and when I tried to board, the driver said he couldn't take me to MK because it was past closing time. I told him I was actually trying to get to the Contemporary and he said OK get on. Then midway through the ride, he said since it was raining he'll drop me off directly at the Contemporary to save me the walk back from MK. So before he got to MK, he turned into the Contemporary and dropped me off. A magical moment for sure.

So if I were you, I wouldn't count on being able to get back to a park after close, but depending on the driver, it could still be a possibility.

Hello - We are going for Spring Break staying at the Beach Club Villas. What is the fastest way from BC to MK for rope drop? I know that the buses run 60 minutes prior to opening but I have also seen posts about taking an Uber to CR with a mobile order, however there are guards that may or may not allow you through. We are morning people with two boys 6 and 7 so we will be up early and would prefer to get to the parks. Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter