Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I am having a hard time dealing with the CR bakery! I emailed them a month ago asking for a cake for our 10th and they emailed me back and asked me to call. I call but never can get someone, so I left a message. A guy named George called me back but wasn't super helpful, or what I have experienced in the past. He said he had to ask about specific flavors, size and pricing with the chefs? I just asked for a chocolate mousse with vanilla cake and asked for the mini vs 6" with fondant so I thought it was weird he couldn't answer that. He called back but I missed the call. So I left another message last week. Still no call back?

Should I call again? Asked to speak to someone else? Any advice? thank you!

Call the number for the Contemporary and ask to be transferred to Private Dining. Then explain the issue to the that CM and have them write down your entire order. There is no standard mini cake, so if you want a specific style, be sure to send images to that email and have the CM write down that you sent images. Then call Private Dining back 2 or 3 days before you get there to reconfirm everything.

Are the mini cakes all 15 too? I couldn't find the prices.

Prices for mini cakes are listed in Post #2 under each resort/park's entry. Mini cakes start at around $35, but the price depends on how elaborate you want the decorations.

I am having a hard time dealing with the CR bakery! I emailed them a month ago asking for a cake for our 10th and they emailed me back and asked me to call. I call but never can get someone, so I left a message. A guy named George called me back but wasn't super helpful, or what I have experienced in the past. He said he had to ask about specific flavors, size and pricing with the chefs? I just asked for a chocolate mousse with vanilla cake and asked for the mini vs 6" with fondant so I thought it was weird he couldn't answer that. He called back but I missed the call. So I left another message last week. Still no call back?

Should I call again? Asked to speak to someone else? Any advice? thank you!
I was going to call private dining at CR as lurkyloo suggested because George didn't email me back after a week. I tried emailing him again the day I was going to call but he replied that day (couldn't get ahold of anyone at private dining) and confirmed all the details with him. Gonna call three days before to confirm the cake order again. Fingers crossed. Try emailing him back AND call private dining?

Today Disney started offering these Mickey Mouse Celebration Cakes for delivery to all table-service restaurants and Deluxe resorts with Private Dining, so here are all the details. I'll add them to the first posts of this thread too.

MickeyCake-31_zpshtfbopt0.jpeg

Are these replacing fancy custom cakes?
No. You can still order one of those by calling the appropriate number listed in Post #2.

Where can I get one?

Any Disney-owned and -operated table-service restaurant or any Deluxe Resort with Private Dining. This means that in Epcot the cakes are only available in the Canada, UK, America, Germany and Norway pavilions, plus Future World. It also means you can't get one at Be Our Guest Restaurant at lunchtime because there is no table service at that time.

How much are they?
$35 plus tax and gratuity (if applicable)

How many people do they feed?
4 to 6 people.

Which flavors are available?
All-chocolate or all-white-chocolate only.

What is inside?

Chocolate cake with chocolate filling or vanilla cake with vanilla filling. Image courtesy of DISer @Cluelyss:

Inside%20Chocolate%20Mickey%20Ear%20Cake%20-%20Cluelyss_zpsksld5buv.jpg

Are they allergy-friendly?
No. The cakes contain gluten and milk, and they are produced in a facility that contains peanuts and tree nuts. Disney refers most allergy-friendly cake requests to Erin McKenna's Bakery at Downtown Disney. See Post # 1 for more information.

Can I get a message written on them?

Only “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations” are available; they write it on the chocolate ears.

How do I order one?
Call 1-407-WDW-DINE or inquire in person at a Walt Disney World Resort concierge desk or restaurant podium.

How far in advance do I have to order?
Day-of quantities are limited, so make arrangements prior to dining. 72–48 hours ahead is a good idea.

Do I have to pay in advance?
Not if you have a confirmed dining reservation.

MickeyCake-VanillaChocolate1287948_zpsvvfsksdg.jpg

Last edited:
Today Disney started offering these Mickey Mouse Celebration Cakes from Amorette's for delivery to all table-service restaurants and Deluxe resorts with Private Dining, so here are all the details. I'll add them to the first posts of this thread too.

MickeyCake-31_zpshtfbopt0.jpeg

Are these replacing fancy custom cakes?
No. You can still order one of those by calling the appropriate number listed in Post #2.

Where can I get one?

Any Disney-owned and -operated table-service restaurant or any Deluxe Resort with Private Dining. This means that in Epcot the cakes are only available in the Canada, UK, America, Germany and Norway pavilions, plus Future World. It also means you can't get one at Be Our Guest Restaurant at lunchtime because there is no table service at that time.

How much are they?
$35 plus tax and gratuity (if applicable)

How many people do they feed?
4 to 6 people.

Which flavors are available?
All-chocolate or all-white-chocolate only.

What's inside the cake?

Probably this (sponge cake, mousse and ganache):

IMG_0209_zpstsy9mkho.jpg

Are they allergy-friendly?
No. The cakes contain gluten and milk, and they are produced in a facility that contains peanuts and tree nuts. Disney refers most allergy-friendly cake requests to Erin McKenna's Bakery at Downtown Disney. See Post # 1 for more information.

Can I get a message written on them?

Only “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations” are available; they write it on the chocolate ears.

How do I order one?
Call 1-407-WDW-DINE or inquire in person at a Walt Disney World Resort concierge desk or restaurant podium.

How far in advance do I have to order?
Day-of quantities are limited, so make arrangements prior to dining. 72–48 hours ahead is a good idea.

Do I have to pay in advance?
Not if you have a confirmed dining reservation.

MickeyCake-VanillaChocolate1287948_zpsvvfsksdg.jpg
Hope someone tries so it soon and report back so we know how it will look on inside and taste. Especially if it's similar or different from the tastes of the regular one!

Those new cakes look so cute! Might have to order one for our next trip - we'll be arriving on my son's birthday. Which reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask (way in advance, but I like to be ahead). Do you usually recommend ordering more than 2 or so weeks in advance if it's a holiday weekend? Not a big holiday (Mother's Day), but I know some people order cakes for just about anything, haha.

Can I ask how you ordered these? Do you pre order or do it just tell them when you are there?

There is a link to complete information about these desserts under "Magic Kingdom" in Post #2, but here it is again....

Disney finally has photos of all the new specialty desserts offered at the restaurants of the Magic Kingdom! Here's all the information...

Magic Kingdom Specialty Desserts
Custom celebration cakes are no longer available for delivery inside Magic Kingdom. Instead, your options are the standard podium cake, a large Mickey Mouse cake or one of the following specialty desserts unique to each table-service location.
Note: According to Disney's official PDF and the form email they send you, each dessert is exclusive to one restaurant and cannot be ordered at another dining location. Your mileage may vary...

Be Our Guest*
Trio of Mini Cupcakes
Three mini cupcakes: a Grey Stuff cupcake, a Triple Chocolate cupcake, and a Strawberry cupcake. Presented with a chocolate rose filled with the Grey Stuff filling and a "Happy Birthday," "Happy Anniversary," or "Congratulations" chocolate piece.
* Available at dinner only
Specialty%20Dessert%20-%20Be%20Our%20Guest_zpsqsaxhwws.png

Cinderella's Royal Table
Chocolate Mousse Cake (Gluten Friendly)
Chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, covered with a chocolate ganache. Presented with a strawberry and your choice of a dark chocolate slipper, a white chocolate slipper, or a white chocolate crown, all filled with a chocolate mousse and decorated with a "Happy Birthday," "Happy Anniversary," or "Congratulations" chocolate piece.
New%20CRT%20Desserts_zpst8hqybg5.png

The Crystal Palace
Honey Crunch Cake
Vanilla cake with honey mousse, topped with a honey crunch and a honey comb-accented chocolate piece. Presented with a strawberry and a "Happy Birthday," "Happy Anniversary," or "Congratulations" chocolate piece.
Specialty%20Dessert%20-%20Crystal%20Palace_zpsstaxeze5.png

Jungle Skipper Canteen
Chocolate Lava Cake
Chocolate cake with caramel ganache and chocolate crispy pearls. Presented with a white chocolate elephant filled with a caramel mousse and a "Happy Birthday," "Happy Anniversary," or "Congratulations" chocolate piece.
Specialty%20Dessert%20-Jungle%20Cruise%20Skipper%20Canteen_zpsioctt49e.png

Liberty Tree Tavern
Boston Cream Pie
Vanilla cake with vanilla cream filling, covered in a chocolate ganache and chocolate crispy pearls. Presented with a strawberry, a chocolate Liberty Bell, and a "Happy Birthday," "Happy Anniversary," or "Congratulations" chocolate piece.
Specialty%20Dessert%20-%20Liberty%20Tree%20Tavern_zpstvfkfh3l.png

Tony's Town Square

Tiramisu
Kahlua Espresso-soaked ladyfingers with whipped mascarpone cheese. Presented with a strawberry, Lady and the Tramp chocolate accents and a "Happy Birthday," "Happy Anniversary," or "Congratulations" chocolate piece.
Specialty%20Dessert%20-%20Tonys%20Tavern_zpsujtx0kbi.png

Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party
Miniature Cake
Chocolate cake with mocha buttercream icing or a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream icing, covered in dark chocolate or pink pearls. Presented with a chocolate Castle piece and a "Happy Birthday," "Happy Anniversary," or "Congratulations" chocolate piece.
Specialty%20Dessert%20-%20Wishes%20Dessert%20Party_zps7tqm4xar.png

Podium Cake
6-inch round cake available in either all-vanilla or all-chocolate; can be decorated with a chocolate medallion. Serves up to 6 people and costs $23 plus tax.
Podium%20Cakes_zps7nrcr9ob.png

Mickey Mouse Cake
Serves 10-12. Chocolate cake with a dark chocolate ganache on top.Costs $54 plus tax and can be decorated with a “Happy Birthday,” “Happy Anniversary” or “Congratulations” chocolate piece.
Mickey%20Head%20Cake_zpstvs7507n.png

To place an order, contact WDW.Magic.Kingdom.Specialty.Desserts@Disney.com with your dining confirmation number and your order details at least 72 hours prior to your reservation. You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been placed. Payment for any add-ons is not due until you dine. No prepayment or third-party payment. Office hours: Monday-Saturday 8:00am-4:00pm (ET); allow up to 72 hours for a response.

Received a little pixie dust ! Received a call last night from Pat out of the blue. They are able to do the chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling !!! Happy dance !!!
Was able to talk with Pat yesterday and order for our upcoming trip. Tried to do chocolate cake with cookie and cream filling but she said they only did that for wedding cakes so I went with yellow cake and white chocolate mousse with strawberries, white butter cream frosting, topped with blue fondant. I was quoted $72. As this is a girl's trip, I asked if they could do fireworks and a 2d castle with a sign that said "Best Girl's Trip Ever" (those words are my great niece's favorite words !! ). Praying it all works out and there won't be a snag !! Will post pics when it happens !!!

Has anyone ordered a fancy fondant or decorated cake from Animal Kingdom Lodge lately? We are staying there in a little over a week and I'm thinking about getting a cake delivered to the room. Normally we order from the Contemporary or Grand Floridian Bakery but transporting back to the room after isn't as easy. Would love to have it delivered to the room so we can munch on it all week but I've only ever seen a couple of cakes from that bakery. Any help would be great!

Oh and I'm hoping to have it decorated for a Graduate!

There is a link to complete information about these desserts under "Magic Kingdom" in Post #2, but here it is again....

Just adding that it was thanks to this great thread that I was able to figure out how to pre-order and from whom (http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/magic-kingdom-specialty-desserts/).

I ordered about a month out and had no problems with finalizing everything via email. The people taking orders were awfully nice. I double-checked with our wait staff (secretively, of course) who already had the cake order associated with our reservation. Easy peasy.

Wondering if anyone has ordered, or know if it is possible to order a custom cake to the Grand Floridian Tea? We are doing the tea for my mother’s birthday (as our lunch) and I’m thinking it would be a great surprise for her.

So right after i posted here I got a call back lol! I am doing a mini castle cake I asked for vanilla cake and dark chocolate mousse and they were able to accommodate. With the castle it is $50. I am having it delivered to California Grill on our anniversary. I hope it all works out!

I think this is the cake we are basically getting but with the castle and the quoted me $50 because of the castle so $35 isn't half bad per Disney's standards:scared:

Hi All,

I haven't ordered a cake in WDW in a few years and I know there have been changes. Please bear with me!

I want to order a small (6") cake for delivery to Chef Mickeys on our arrival night. I am thinking something something simple with the Fab 5 or just Mikey heads. I need to call or email the number listed for the CR in the first post correct?

I also want to order an 8" fondant cake for delivery to Jiko's. Thsi will be for my son's birthday. Not sure the exact design I'm looking for, my son loves dinosaurs and dragons more than anything. Too order this cake do I call the cake hotline or the phone number from Disney babble?

TIA

So i ordered our cake on 5/8 from AKL. sent the pics, never heard back. I sent a follow up message on 5/15 and she said she would get me my total. Today is 5/23 and still no total. Cake delivery is for Monday. Should I hold out, or follow up again?

Hi All,

I haven't ordered a cake in WDW in a few years and I know there have been changes. Please bear with me!

I want to order a small (6") cake for delivery to Chef Mickeys on our arrival night. I am thinking something something simple with the Fab 5 or just Mikey heads. I need to call or email the number listed for the CR in the first post correct?

I also want to order an 8" fondant cake for delivery to Jiko's. Thsi will be for my son's birthday. Not sure the exact design I'm looking for, my son loves dinosaurs and dragons more than anything. Too order this cake do I call the cake hotline or the phone number from Disney babble?

TIA

Yep! Call or email to get the ball rolling at the Contemporary. Call to get started at Animal Kingdom Lodge. All the contact info is listed next to the resort names in Post #2 of this thread. :thumbsup2

So i ordered our cake on 5/8 from AKL. sent the pics, never heard back. I sent a follow up message on 5/15 and she said she would get me my total. Today is 5/23 and still no total. Cake delivery is for Monday. Should I hold out, or follow up again?

Follow up, for sure! I'd call the main number for AKL, ask to be transferred to Private Dining, and then tell them what the situation is.

Just popping in to offer our experience. We just had our wedding cake tasting at Erin McKenna's for an allergy-friendly wedding cake. I was really concerned that the cakes would be dry and noticeably different because I'm really picky about gluten free baked goods. I was pleasantly surprised. We tried brownie, red velvet, pumpkin, carrot, and cinnamon/french toastie. They were all moist and yummy. The pumpkin and carrot were the least sweet, almost more like a quick bread. The only one that was slightly dry was the cinnamon sugar one, but even it was quite good. Frostings were pretty good as well, though I know they melt in the heat fairly quickly. We think we're going to go with red velvet and vanilla frosting, but some of the other combinations were also great, like brownie with mint, or with mocha, or even with the cinnamon frosting. Yum!!

We have had several fancy fondant cakes at AKL, and have always loved them. The pictures are posted either earlier in this thread or for Cake Chatter. I'll dig out the pictures when I get home and send them to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter