Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by lurkyloo, Oct 31, 2016.

1. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

Call the number for the Contemporary and ask to be transferred to Private Dining. Then explain the issue to the that CM and have them write down your entire order. There is no standard mini cake, so if you want a specific style, be sure to send images to that email and have the CM write down that you sent images. Then call Private Dining back 2 or 3 days before you get there to reconfirm everything.

Prices for mini cakes are listed in Post #2 under each resort/park's entry. Mini cakes start at around $35, but the price depends on how elaborate you want the decorations.

2. MiracleCream

MiracleCream Earning My Ears

I was going to call private dining at CR as lurkyloo suggested because George didn't email me back after a week. I tried emailing him again the day I was going to call but he replied that day (couldn't get ahold of anyone at private dining) and confirmed all the details with him. Gonna call three days before to confirm the cake order again. Fingers crossed. Try emailing him back AND call private dining?

pixie08 and lurkyloo like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. lurkyloo

Today Disney started offering these Mickey Mouse Celebration Cakes from Amorette's for delivery to all table-service restaurants and Deluxe resorts with Private Dining, so here are all the details. I'll add them to the first posts of this thread too.

[​IMG]

Are these replacing fancy custom cakes?
    No. You can still order one of those by calling the appropriate number listed in Post #2.

Where can I get one?

Any Disney-owned and -operated table-service restaurant or any Deluxe Resort with Private Dining. This means that in Epcot the cakes are only available in the Canada, UK, America, Germany and Norway pavilions, plus Future World. It also means you can't get one at Be Our Guest Restaurant at lunchtime because there is no table service at that time.

How much are they?
    $35 plus tax and gratuity (if applicable)

How many people do they feed?
    4 to 6 people.

Which flavors are available?
    All-chocolate or all-white-chocolate only.

What's inside the cake?

Probably this (sponge cake, mousse and ganache):

[​IMG]

Are they allergy-friendly?
    No. The cakes contain gluten and milk, and they are produced in a facility that contains peanuts and tree nuts. Disney refers most allergy-friendly cake requests to Erin McKenna's Bakery at Downtown Disney. See Post # 1 for more information.

Can I get a message written on them?

Only “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations” are available; they write it on the chocolate ears.

How do I order one?
    Call 1-407-WDW-DINE or inquire in person at a Walt Disney World Resort concierge desk or restaurant podium.

How far in advance do I have to order?
    Day-of quantities are limited, so make arrangements prior to dining. 72–48 hours ahead is a good idea.

Do I have to pay in advance?
    Not if you have a confirmed dining reservation.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2017 at 12:38 PM
  5. MiracleCream

MiracleCream Earning My Ears

Hope someone tries so it soon and report back so we know how it will look on inside and taste. Especially if it's similar or different from the tastes of the regular one!

lurkyloo likes this.
  6. wonderstruck88

wonderstruck88 Earning My Ears

Those new cakes look so cute! Might have to order one for our next trip - we'll be arriving on my son's birthday. Which reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask (way in advance, but I like to be ahead). Do you usually recommend ordering more than 2 or so weeks in advance if it's a holiday weekend? Not a big holiday (Mother's Day), but I know some people order cakes for just about anything, haha.

7. lurkyloo

I usually call about 3 weeks in advance no matter what, just because it can take a while to hear back.

wonderstruck88 likes this.
  8. POOHDRMR

POOHDRMR DIS Veteran

Can I ask how you ordered these? Do you pre order or do it just tell them when you are there?

9. lurkyloo

There is a link to complete information about these desserts under "Magic Kingdom" in Post #2, but here it is again....

Disney_Alli and TinkLoverSam like this.
  10. thedears

thedears Mouseketeer

Received a little pixie dust ! Received a call last night from Pat out of the blue. They are able to do the chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling !!! Happy dance !!!

11. DisneyMamato4

DisneyMamato4 Disney Obsessed!

Has anyone ordered a fancy fondant or decorated cake from Animal Kingdom Lodge lately? We are staying there in a little over a week and I'm thinking about getting a cake delivered to the room. Normally we order from the Contemporary or Grand Floridian Bakery but transporting back to the room after isn't as easy. Would love to have it delivered to the room so we can munch on it all week but I've only ever seen a couple of cakes from that bakery. Any help would be great!

Oh and I'm hoping to have it decorated for a Graduate!

12. bookgirl173

bookgirl173 Earning My Ears

Just adding that it was thanks to this great thread that I was able to figure out how to pre-order and from whom (http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/magic-kingdom-specialty-desserts/).

I ordered about a month out and had no problems with finalizing everything via email. The people taking orders were awfully nice. I double-checked with our wait staff (secretively, of course) who already had the cake order associated with our reservation. Easy peasy.

lurkyloo likes this.
  13. Kodachrome_Dreams

Kodachrome_Dreams Mouseketeer

IMG_1552.JPG
    I ordered a mini cake in advance from the CR to be served at California Grill. $35 seemed rather pricey for such a small cake, but it was quite good.

14. GeraldineW

GeraldineW Mouseketeer

Wondering if anyone has ordered, or know if it is possible to order a custom cake to the Grand Floridian Tea? We are doing the tea for my mother’s birthday (as our lunch) and I’m thinking it would be a great surprise for her.

15. pixie08

pixie08 DIS Veteran

So right after i posted here I got a call back lol! I am doing a mini castle cake I asked for vanilla cake and dark chocolate mousse and they were able to accommodate. With the castle it is $50. I am having it delivered to California Grill on our anniversary. I hope it all works out!

lurkyloo likes this.
  16. pixie08

pixie08 DIS Veteran

I think this is the cake we are basically getting but with the castle and the quoted me $50 because of the castle so $35 isn't half bad per Disney's standards:scared: