Official 2014 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Got mine too! 2:30am on Friday for the 5k. At least it'll help me get up early to run on Saturday and Sunday!

I was thinking the same thing! It gets you used to the early mornings as well. It will be interesting being in or around the parks at that time.

Have fun with the volunteering! When we get closer, I'm hoping to get some shifts at work for the event. I'm only running the half this time so I'm going to try and work the Expo and or 5K and 10K. I wont know for another couple of weeks though.

Just saw those myself. I'm a little bummed/disheartened there's no corral for <2:45 after working my butt off to get there and hoping to move up a corral this year. But that's what happens when these events get bigger. Just gotta shoot for <2:30 which is my next goal but definitely wont happen during this race since my training has been hindered by weeks upon weeks of dental surgeries.

I'm in H this year as well.

Just curious, if I have a time of 2:37 would I be in the H corral or would I be placed in G? I'm running only the 10k for this race,but i'm signed up for my first half for the Avengers in November. I'm just trying to guess as to what corral I might be placed into if Avengers is going to be similar in size to the Disneyland half.

-massages forehead- I foresee H be one gigantic headache with them lumping that many people together time wise. Or am I the only one?

Also how the hell is this going to work for the 10k leg. 10k only goes to E according to the program. Anyone else confused on how this is going to work for the 10k leg if were in the back corrals?

I feel like part of this was once again wasn't fully thought through.

-massages forehead- I foresee H be one gigantic headache with them lumping that many people together time wise. Or am I the only one?

Also how the hell is this going to work for the 10k leg. 10k only goes to E according to the program. Anyone else confused on how this is going to work for the 10k leg if were in the back corrals?

I feel like part of this was once again wasn't fully thought through.

From my understanding, unlike DDD last year where you used the same bib for both races you'll have two different ones this time. Still no idea how the corrals will match up for the 10K, but it could put you in different corrals for each.

Then again, I can't for the life of me remember the start of the 10K last year.

Updated the first post with the official corrals and bib numbers up to here, keep em comin! And check out who you're corral buddies with! :thumbsup2

I am a bit disappointed that a 1:55 wasn't good enough to land me in A because I don't think I'll ever get to run a DLR race again... But overall I'm still thrilled that it's almost here and looking forward to tearing it up from B! :thumbsup2

From my understanding, unlike DDD last year where you used the same bib for both races you'll have two different ones this time. Still no idea how the corrals will match up for the 10K, but it could put you in different corrals for each.

Then again, I can't for the life of me remember the start of the 10K last year.

Our bibs at PHM had split corral assignments, i.e. A/B or C/K, etc, to give you the different assignments for each race on the same bib.

I would guess these pot and numbers will be similar for Rebel Challenge as well. Avengers might be different because there's no 10k challenge "penalty" in that half.

And if H stands for Huge Headache as I suspect if will they may address this with more smaller corrals. Next race. ;)

I would guess these pot and numbers will be similar for Rebel Challenge as well. Avengers might be different because there's no 10k challenge "penalty" in that half. And if H stands for Huge Headache as I suspect if will they may address this with more smaller corrals. Next race. ;)

Yeah I kind of wonder why they didn't divide this better. Do the people at Run Disney not know how to do math? I mean I feel like someone should have caught this. But then again I feel like they should have caught the math error last year too.

Why are the DLH runners always the one who get experimented on?

Our bibs at PHM had split corral assignments, i.e. A/B or C/K, etc, to give you the different assignments for each race on the same bib.

Good to know. Personally, I don't see why they don't have two separate bibs for the races. When I ran Dumbo last year I snagged my bib during the 10K and ripped part of it. Wasn't fun to use the same one for the Half then as well. You'd think for the cost you could get individual bibs.

I wont be dealing with it again until the Rebel Challenge though. Didn't have the $$ to do Dumbo again this year.

H is definitely going to be a bit of a mess. I had been hoping to arrive a little later than my normally super-early attitude but I doubt that will happen now. At least I decided to stay on site this year and not drive from home.

Made a huge mistake in submitting a bad qualifying 10k time (damn you McMillan) and my expected 3:15 time changed to WORSE so I called trackshack and the woman was very nice and said she would revert my time back to 3:15 but I see that since I'm in the last Corral... I don't think she did. :sad2:

I know they have stopped allowing corral changes at the Expo but do you think contacting RunDisney now would result in a possible switch to I? :(:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter