I've been watching all the drama about how Fastpasses will work once Star Wars opens, glad that will all be worked out before I have to make any decisions.

I haven't seen anywhere that it will be worked out. We don't know when ROtR will open. No one knows when FP will be available for either ride.

I haven't seen anywhere that it will be worked out. We don't know when ROtR will open. No one knows when FP will be available for either ride.
Galaxy's Edge will be open and running before I need to make any decisions on fastpasses or what park to visit on what day. I'll know if I can pay my way into Galaxy's Edge with paid fastpasses. I'll lay money we'll also know for sure if ROtR will be open or not by then as well.

Galaxy's Edge will be open and running before I need to make any decisions on fastpasses or what park to visit on what day. I'll know if I can pay my way into Galaxy's Edge with paid fastpasses. I'll lay money we'll also know for sure if ROtR will be open or not by then as well.
Yes, we are fortunate that our FP days are in September. We should have a good idea of what to expect. Those visiting in Sept/Oct are not as lucky.

When does Halloween change to Christmas?

In 2018 we were in the parks from 11/4 to 11/8. There were Christmas displays out in all of them. Our HS day (11/7, I think) was the day of the last Halloween-themed character meal at Hollywood and Vine. From what we saw, that was the one and only Halloween anything left at that point.

Our 2018 trip went from Oct. 28-Nov. 3 and we did MK on 10/31 and 11/2. It was amazing the switch, full Christmas at MK on 11/2.

Our 2018 trip went from Oct. 28-Nov. 3 and we did MK on 10/31 and 11/2. It was amazing the switch, full Christmas at MK on 11/2.

I’m glad to hear that I should get the Halloween / Christmas shift then as I’ll be there 10/31-11/7. I do however think it’ll take an extra day or so this year - as there’s a Halloween Party on Nov 1 (which we’re going to).

I’m glad to hear that I should get the Halloween / Christmas shift then as I’ll be there 10/31-11/7. I do however think it’ll take an extra day or so this year - as there’s a Halloween Party on Nov 1 (which we’re going to).
I'm thinking about the Nov 1st party, but I'm holding out for now in case there is a SWGE event that day.

Excited to be at WDW from the 16th to the 24th of November. First time renting points and I’ll be staying at AKL Kidani in a studio with a savannah view. Fingers crossed that I’ll get to do Galaxy’s Edge. I’ll be watching closely any announcements to do with RotR and the additions of FP+ or paid FP or parties. Fun to be there to see Christmas decorations too and I hope to see some of the resorts decked out for the holidays. Really interested in the Festival of the Holidays at Epcot, I love Food and Wine so that should be really fun.

Have fun! We arrive on the 2nd. I'd love it if they left it Halloween through then, but I won't hold my breath.

With the opening of SWGE, I decided to add an extra day at the start of our trip we are now arriving October 31st. Technically that makes this an October trip but I'm sticking will all of you hoopy froods here in November. November rocks!

Have fun! We arrive on the 2nd. I'd love it if they left it Halloween through then, but I won't hold my breath.
This being the Internet and all I'm sure I'll be corrected without mercy if I'm wrong but I've always heard that historically there has been an overnight transition from Halloween to Christmas. With the last day of the MNSSHP on the 1st, it seems like the transition would not happen until the 2nd?

Also hoping to join you NovemberFolk! Had planned on 11 thru 16th but now encountering Sold Outs through DVC. We really want to go to MVMCP! Anyone know when those tickets will go on sale? They were available by this time last year.

Also hoping to join you NovemberFolk! Had planned on 11 thru 16th but now encountering Sold Outs through DVC. We really want to go to MVMCP! Anyone know when those tickets will go on sale? They were available by this time last year.
No one knows. Someone posted that over the past 5 years the MVMCP dates have been announced anywhere from February-May, so it could be a few more weeks until we hear. My understanding is that they still have not announced Food & Wine dates either.

We really want to go to MVMCP! Anyone know when those tickets will go on sale? They were available by this time last year.

I wonder whether they're holding off announcing any paid add ons until they finalize their own plans for park hours and other logistics due to SW:GE. I'm sure it's not a coincidence that they've only announced EMM hours through 8/28.

I feel like I am still waiting for them to announce so many things:

Food and wine festival dates
Mickeys Railway
Gondola opening

Planning this trip has been really stressful!

Just got the go ahead for the Microsoft Ignite Conference Nov. 4-8. I'm figuring Nov. 2-3 Universal and then evening of the 8th-11th at Disney with a flight out on the 12th. I'm also hoping the conference gets us a free night at Universal. I'm now just waiting for the conference registration to lock everything in.

Just got the go ahead for the Microsoft Ignite Conference Nov. 4-8. I'm figuring Nov. 2-3 Universal and then evening of the 8th-11th at Disney with a flight out on the 12th. I'm also hoping the conference gets us a free night at Universal. I'm now just waiting for the conference registration to lock everything in.
That's why I'll be in Orlando as well. I went last year, it was a great conference.

That's why I'll be in Orlando as well. I went last year, it was a great conference.

I remember the thread. I missed last year but went the year before to Ignite. I’m hoping they announce soon as I’m dying to set everything up.

I’m thinking I might try either Endless Summer or Aventura for the hotel as I’m sure they will both be on the list of conference hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!