I tried three of the non-aloholic drinks at Oga's and none of them really wow'd me, but here were my thoughts:
  • Blurrgfire - Odwalla Lemonade, Pomegranate Juice, and Habanero-Lime. This was probably the best of the three non-alcoholic drinks that we tried. It wasn't spicy, but the pomegranate juice gave it a pretty strong flavor...
  • Cliff Dweller - Citrus Juices, Coconut, Hibiscus-Grenadine, and Seagram's Ginger Ale. The flavor grew on me, but it isn't something that I'd rush back for. It reminded me of slightly watery grapefruit juice.
Just throwing in a different opinion here:
We've tried both these drinks:
Blurrgfire: Tried this once -- DH ordered this, generally liked it, but found it to be too spicy (he's sensitive to heat/spice). So if you are sensitive to spicy, be careful with this one.
Cliff Dweller: We've had this several times. It can be ordered without the Porg mug for a lower price. It's always been very sweet, like punch, not watery at all, and fairly refreshing each time we've had it. I like it, but find it a bit too sweet. One plus for the Cliff Dweller: With all my allergies, this drink seems to be pretty safe so far, so it is one we do re-order.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but can anyone tell me how the Blue Bantha drink is different than the regular blue milk (other than the cookie topper)? The Oga’s menu says that it the Blue Bantha is “blue milk served chilled”, but is the milk at the milk stand not also chilled?
The one from the outside milkstand is like a slushie; it's semi-frozen. The one inside Oga's is just chilled liquid.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but can anyone tell me how the Blue Bantha drink is different than the regular blue milk (other than the cookie topper)? The Oga’s menu says that it the Blue Bantha is “blue milk served chilled”, but is the milk at the milk stand not also chilled?
The Blue Milk from the Milk Stand is more of a frozen drink. Kind of like a slushee. The blue milk in the Blue Bantha drink is not frozen, just chilled. And the cookie is delicious!

Reactions: EmJ
Just throwing in a different opinion here:
We've tried both these drinks:
Blurrgfire: Tried this once -- DH ordered this, generally liked it, but found it to be too spicy (he's sensitive to heat/spice). So if you are sensitive to spicy, be careful with this one.
Cliff Dweller: We've had this several times. It can be ordered without the Porg mug for a lower price. It's always been very sweet, like punch, not watery at all, and fairly refreshing each time we've had it. I like it, but find it a bit too sweet. One plus for the Cliff Dweller: With all my allergies, this drink seems to be pretty safe so far, so it is one we do re-order.
When I was at Oga's on 8/26, they weren't letting people order the Yub Nub or Cliff Dweller without the mug. I've gotten the Yub Nub before for $14 or 15 and was bummed that it wasn't an option that day. Maybe they're allowing it again now, but heads-up...

The droids still do plenty without a personality chip- my kids love theirs even though they were hoping to get chips. The chip just changes some of the sounds they make as well as what areas of SWGE they “respond” to.

The intent of the chips was to be one of the upgrades or add ons for your droid that could be purchased either at time of build or later on. There are other accessories too such as colored body panels and attachments (especially for the R2 droids). When they had/have the chips they’re on the wall for anyone to buy. That said, they’ve been gone for a while so it’s hard to know if, whenever they come back, they might decide to restrict them like they were doing with kyber crystals for a while... Hopefully not but who knows. I don’t think they been restricting the backpacks which are also a semi-hot commodity (though they seem to be back more steadily recently) so maybe that’s a good sign.
Good to know; thank you.

So a follow up- if the Personality Chips make the Droid react differently in different areas of SWGE... is there any reason to buy one later (if they're out of stock the day of building) if we DON'T plan to bring the Droid back to SWGE on a later visit?

When I was at Oga's on 8/26, they weren't letting people order the Yub Nub or Cliff Dweller without the mug. I've gotten the Yub Nub before for $14 or 15 and was bummed that it wasn't an option that day. Maybe they're allowing it again now, but heads-up...
Good for people to be aware of -- the option may or may not be available -- but at least they can ask.

Good to know; thank you.

So a follow up- if the Personality Chips make the Droid react differently in different areas of SWGE... is there any reason to buy one later (if they're out of stock the day of building) if we DON'T plan to bring the Droid back to SWGE on a later visit?

Well they do change the sounds they make. Supposedly they may also change the way they respond to one another- say if you have one with a resistance chip and one with first order and have them near each other - but from what I’ve seen/read that wasn’t a huge difference or even that people couldn’t really get their droids to respond to one another at all. My two DDs droids, one R2, one BB, neither with a chip, don’t really seem to respond or react to one another much.

Well they do change the sounds they make. Supposedly they may also change the way they respond to one another- say if you have one with a resistance chip and one with first order and have them near each other - but from what I’ve seen/read that wasn’t a huge difference or even that people couldn’t really get their droids to respond to one another at all. My two DDs droids, one R2, one BB, neither with a chip, don’t really seem to respond or react to one another much.
Hmmm, interesting; thanks again.

I think, if they happen to be in stock when we go (which is looking more doubtful all the time, apparently) then I will get one, but if they don't, I won't worry about it on a subsequent visit.

Oga's Cantina finally loaded the dates for the last week of October but there is no availability for the whole week. Have the times just not been loaded yet or are they really all gone already?

I think you can still only book two weeks out.

There have been plenty of day-of reservations available lately - like yesterday, for a party of two, at 11:30, we could have booked 12 or 12:15... plus a bunch of other times. 28AAE865-A84C-4344-8983-F7090AAE7B7B.png

(I’d still book early, of course, just pointing out that it’s not crazy competitive or anything.)

For those who are looking for popular items, Dok Ondar’s had all kyber crystals except for blue and red today (finally snagged a white one!), and the Droid Depot had a wall full of personality chips and lots of backpacks and serving trays. The CM’s said that they’ve been receiving large shipments on a more regular basis.

Have the porgs been in stock? Our trip in August we checked every day but no such luck. Wasn’t sure if that has been common with the porgs in the Creature Stall being unavailable or if we were just unlucky. We’ll be back in December ready to hunt those porgs again. 😅

Is 1.5 hours between reservations at Savi's and Oga's enough? I've heard that the experience at Savi's often doesn't start on time and you're in the outside "holding area" for a bit. Just want to make sure we don't miss our second reservation! :thanks:

Is 1.5 hours between reservations at Savi's and Oga's enough? I've heard that the experience at Savi's often doesn't start on time and you're in the outside "holding area" for a bit. Just want to make sure we don't miss our second reservation! :thanks:
I think it should be plenty; we had reservations last Thursday night for Savi's at 9:10, and Oga's at 10:00. Even though we started about 15 minutes late for Savi's, we were out by 9:45, plenty of time to go check in for Oga's. Enjoy! We loved the lightsaber experience! Our "Gatherer" leader was SO in character,and she got into a whole ad lib exchange with our 17 y.o. daughter.

Don't be afraid to come up with a back story for yourself and interact with your Gatherer, or other characters around SW:GE. My DH was telling everybody he was a moisture farmer and didn't want any trouble; he was just looking for scrap metal. The Gatherer came around and talked to all the little groups of people waiting in the courtyard. She was whispering very seriously about the need to be on our guard, and to make sure we trusted our group. because we could be betrayed to the New Order if there were any infiltrators. Most of the other attendees just kind of laughed or didn't know what to say. But when she got to our group and asked if we trusted each other, DH nodded at DD17 and murmured, "Her, we're not sure about." The Gatherer asked her name, and she said it was Finn (Fiona, but she uses Finn for gaming, cosplaying, etc). The Gatherer took her aside and did this whole quiet conversation with her to find out her allegiances. Fiona said out loud, "Listen, my father is a moisture farmer. We don't want any trouble. We're just looking for scrap metal to fix our power converter." Then she told the Gatherer under her breath, "He's working with the Resistance. He's wanted in 12 sectors!" After that, the Gatherer designated her as the group's lookout. She had to be last in, to "make sure and sound the alarm if Storm Troopers show up." :rotfl: It was so great.

Are they still releasing more reservations for Oga's the morning of? We got tickets for a talk show filming on the Universal Lot and wouldn't make it back in time for our reservation. I think we're leaning toward skipping the show due to how much of the day it would take away, plus the fact that we'd be done and heading back right in the middle of after work traffic, but if it's pretty easy to snag another reservation time, that might change things.

Does anyone know if there is any Battu merch that is exclusive to DL's Battu?
or is everything also available in WDW, too?

I think it should be plenty; we had reservations last Thursday night for Savi's at 9:10, and Oga's at 10:00. Even though we started about 15 minutes late for Savi's, we were out by 9:45, plenty of time to go check in for Oga's. Enjoy! We loved the lightsaber experience! Our "Gatherer" leader was SO in character,and she got into a whole ad lib exchange with our 17 y.o. daughter.

Don't be afraid to come up with a back story for yourself and interact with your Gatherer, or other characters around SW:GE. My DH was telling everybody he was a moisture farmer and didn't want any trouble; he was just looking for scrap metal. The Gatherer came around and talked to all the little groups of people waiting in the courtyard. She was whispering very seriously about the need to be on our guard, and to make sure we trusted our group. because we could be betrayed to the New Order if there were any infiltrators. Most of the other attendees just kind of laughed or didn't know what to say. But when she got to our group and asked if we trusted each other, DH nodded at DD17 and murmured, "Her, we're not sure about." The Gatherer asked her name, and she said it was Finn (Fiona, but she uses Finn for gaming, cosplaying, etc). The Gatherer took her aside and did this whole quiet conversation with her to find out her allegiances. Fiona said out loud, "Listen, my father is a moisture farmer. We don't want any trouble. We're just looking for scrap metal to fix our power converter." Then she told the Gatherer under her breath, "He's working with the Resistance. He's wanted in 12 sectors!" After that, the Gatherer designated her as the group's lookout. She had to be last in, to "make sure and sound the alarm if Storm Troopers show up." :rotfl: It was so great.
Thank you! This makes me so more confident with planning ... and that is some major pixie dust you guys experienced. Just fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter