Im hoping to get us back to DL before my hubbies condition no longer allows us, he has ALS. he currently uses a PWC, and has very little to no upper body strength, cant use his hands to grasp and hold on.
Was wondering for those that have been on the ride, would the seat belt they have be enough to keep someone like my husband in and safe. He wants to go on with our 14 yr old son, but if there is any chance that he would be injured due to lack as support on the ride, its just not going to happen.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Nikki

I was on the ride with a mother and child who both were in the pilot positions. The child was a teen, maybe about 12 or 13 but was in an electric wheelchair, the mother carried her into the pod. I have no idea what condition the child had, she didn't seem to have any mental disabilities just physical disabilities. She had the use of her upper body and arms but her legs seemed very thin with no muscle tone.

She was able to work the controls and pilot but got thrown around alot and couldn't stay on the seat. Her mother had to re position her maybe twice as it didn't seam like the seat belt was giving her the support she needed. The ride might have been smoother if both her and her mother had not been pilots, but its very likely she still would have not been able to hold herself in the seat in either the gunner or engineer position.

Also just in case you are wondering, we hollered and cheered and just went with the flow. I was solo and there were 2 other strangers and none of us got mad or annoyed because of the situation with the disabled child as a pilot.

There is a pod beside an elevator exit. Depending on the pod assignments you may need to wait for the next rotation once you have been assigned your team and are waiting in the chess room. The wheelchair will need to stay outside the pod, your husband will need to transfer out of the wheelchair into the pod seat.

Thank You , I appreciate your feed back ! It’s very useful and looks like he wouldn’t be able to ride . Hubbies ALS has progressed fast this last year and he would be to unstable with all that throwing around . Again , thank you for your response !

Greetings,

Wife and I going to Disneyland in early December and wanting to know how to reserve (if possible) or strategies to ride the Millennium Falcon, how to make Cantina Reservations? This would be our first time to Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge. We would be arriving around 5pm. We are not staying at one of the Disney hotels.

Thank you very much in advance!

A reservation is a must for the cantina and can be made two weeks in advance of your visit.

If you are unable to get the time you want, keep checking in the days before your trip, as slots WILL open up as people cancel or modify their reservations.

Single rider line is always an option for the fastest way to ride Smuggler's Run, but you run the risk of not being able to sit together and you will almost definitely get saddled with the engineer job.

But in the evening, the waits shouldn't be that long and early December is generally a slow time at the park.

Im hoping to get us back to DL before my hubbies condition no longer allows us, he has ALS. he currently uses a PWC, and has very little to no upper body strength, cant use his hands to grasp and hold on.
Was wondering for those that have been on the ride, would the seat belt they have be enough to keep someone like my husband in and safe. He wants to go on with our 14 yr old son, but if there is any chance that he would be injured due to lack as support on the ride, its just not going to happen.

Nikki

There are special pods available for guests with disabilities that might allow your DH to ride. I don’t know the details but @yulilin3 might - her daughter is a resident of Batuu.

There are special pods available for guests with disabilities that might allow your DH to ride. I don’t know the details but @yulilin3 might - her daughter is a resident of Batuu.

see my above post. I was a solo assigned to a group which had a disabled child using an electric wheelchair. We had to wait in the chess room for the special pod to be available. The special pod is beside an exit elevator, that's the only special adaption. The mother had to carry the child from the wheelchair and position her in the pilot seat. The wheelchair was parked outside the pod. We had extra time at the start for the mother to transfer the child and at the end for the mother to carry the child out of the pod and place her back in the wheelchair.

If it was an adult, I'm sure the procedure is for the wheelchair to be placed beside one of the pod seats so that the adult can transfer from the wheelchair to the pod seat. The wheelchair would then be taken out of the pod during the ride. Then at the end of the ride, the wheelchair would be brought back in so that the adult could transfer from the pod seat back into their wheelchair.

I recommend using a poster tube and carrying it on the plane -- these are used at scientific meetings to carry large (some are longer than 36") posters. They are also used to carry large blueprints. I've used them for posters from film festivals too, and they work well because they have a carrying strap. Amazon has them for $15-20.

Cooler than cardboard maybe?.......

Nikki
I asked my DD she works at MFSR in Florida. Here they have a rule that if a person for whatever reason cannot hold themselves up straight they need to have someone sitting behind able to hold them up during the ride. The ride is dependent on how good the pilots are, if the pilots are great you will have minimal movement back and forth nd left and right but if the pilots don't do well then it can be very bumpy
There's no extra seatbelt other than the lap belt

I asked my DD she works at MFSR in Florida. Here they have a rule that if a person for whatever reason cannot hold themselves up straight they need to have someone sitting behind able to hold them up during the ride. The ride is dependent on how good the pilots are, if the pilots are great you will have minimal movement back and forth nd left and right but if the pilots don't do well then it can be very bumpy
Thank You for your feedback, I appreciate it. will have to think about the logistics .

I recommend using a poster tube and carrying it on the plane -- these are used at scientific meetings to carry large (some are longer than 36") posters. They are also used to carry large blueprints. I've used them for posters from film festivals too, and they work well because they have a carrying strap. Amazon has them for $15-20.

Cooler than cardboard maybe?.......

Do not, repeat, DO NOT use cardboard tubes at an amusement park. You will invariably get your daughter's Yogi Bear poster confused with your important work blueprints and will be a laughing stock at your big meeting, despite all of your family's efforts to reach you in time and correct the mix-up.

Nikki
You might want to try asking this same question in the disABILITIES! forum. There are DISers there with personal experience with issues like this who might have suggestions, advice, ideas, etc. for you.

Any word on when Fastpass will start? It won’t initially be offered at ROTR right? Also how long has Single Rider been for MFSR recently? Sorry if this has been answered recently but I don’t have time to read lots of posts.

I tried single rider today, but it was backed up all the way to the hallway entrance. I decided not to wait.

@yulilin3 -- that is so awesome to hear that your daughter is a citizen of Battu!!! I remember my family's first Star Wars Weekend in Florida (which I think was the last year they did that) and she was recognized for her amazing Sabine (Star Wars Rebels) cosplay.by Disney management ... maybe? someone pretty high up, is the way I remember it! :worship:
Anyway, that's awesome that she is part of Galaxy's Edge!!

@yulilin3 -- that is so awesome to hear that your daughter is a citizen of Battu!!! I remember my family's first Star Wars Weekend in Florida (which I think was the last year they did that) and she was recognized for her amazing Sabine (Star Wars Rebels) cosplay.by Disney management ... maybe? someone pretty high up, is the way I remember it! :worship:
Anyway, that's awesome that she is part of Galaxy's Edge!!
Miss SWW every summer. She's having lots of fun

Do not, repeat, DO NOT use cardboard tubes at an amusement park. You will invariably get your daughter's Yogi Bear poster confused with your important work blueprints and will be a laughing stock at your big meeting, despite all of your family's efforts to reach you in time and correct the mix-up.

Oh my nose

Are they still serving the vegetarian meatloaf at dinner? I don't see it on the "lunch/dinner" menu on the official DL site, and I know it was a dinner-only option, so maybe that is why.
If they are no longer serving it at ALL, that will change our need to eat at Docking Bay 7 at dinnertime.
thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Are they still serving the vegetarian meatloaf at dinner? I don't see it on the "lunch/dinner" menu not he official DL site, and I know it was a dinner-only option, so maybe that is why.
If they are no longer serving it at ALL, that will change our need to eat at Docking Bay 7 at dinnertime.
thanks in advance!
It was discontinued. My vegetarian friend is really sad about it; it was her fav!

Late Update. I went over to Batuu Saturday night after fireworks. Droid backpacks are still in stock. Still no personality chips. Not sure about the crystals. The creature stall is out of Loth Cats and Porgs, but I think they have everything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter