Has anyone used the Max Pass to reserve ride times or build a droid?
The ride does not have FP (or MaxPass) at this time. I haven't tried Droid Depot reservations but I think they are done through the website not via FP/MP.

Please forgive my ignorance, I am still thumbing through, but it seems like every few pages something changes as Disney changes the rules/learns/excreta
And things will change again between now and your visit in Aug 2020?? Be flexible and maintain a curious perspective. :)

Are the lockers on Main Street large enough to hold a custom built droid?
My kiddo wants to do that, but I don't really want to carry it around all day (even if we are lucky enough to score one of the sweet backpacks) because I'm not sure what I would do with it / a backpack that size on rides like BTM, SM, etc.

I'm hoping to time our visit to SWGE to the late morning/early afternoon, so we can head back to hotel for our afternoon break and drop it off, but just planning for other scenarios if we stay in the park.

TIA!
My R style droid fits in the large lockers. I didn’t try to fit it in the small ones.
I brought my droid on Pirates, Big Thunder, Space, Cars, and Soarin before having a backpack. I just had it in a reusable tote. So it can go on the rides. Im wary about the water rides though. I held onto it, and covered it for dear life while on Pirates lol.

The ride does not have FP (or MaxPass) at this time. I haven't tried Droid Depot reservations but I think they are done through the website not via FP/MP.

And things will change again between now and your visit in Aug 2020?? Be flexible and maintain a curious perspective. :)

Thanks and Yes, August 2020 (Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Aug 27th - 30th 2020).... I have been wanting to go sooner but we have had other life expenses that we have been saving for that have stopped us.

So all droid personality chips are sold out again? I made a reservation for Droid Depot on Saturday, but was really hoping to get a personality chip.

I am still trying to catch up, (56 pages) I have been avoiding both Land and World's SWGE forums because I didn't want to spoil things before I was ready to book. Now that I have booked 5 days at Disneyland Hotel right before Star Wars Celebration Anaheim (August 2020) I am trying to figure out how things work. It still looks like Disney hasn't fully figured out how to do things at Land, and world isn't even open yet.

Has anyone used the Max Pass to reserve ride times or build a droid?
Those that are staying on property how does SWGE work, from what I was seeing Magic hours are open to Galaxy's Edge, is that correct?

Please forgive my ignorance, I am still thumbing through, but it seems like every few pages something changes as Disney changes the rules/learns/excreta

Droid Depot reservations are made through the app/website, no FP. Savi's is the same. I just made one this morning for the Thursday before D23 Expo.

Sorry trying to catch up on this thread in preparation for our November WDW trip... Since SWGE isn't opened there yet I was hoping some DLR people could help....

I haven't seen it mentioned, but with building a light saber at Savi's workshop, how are these going on an airplane? From what I have seen, the "blade" is 36" long. Can this be carried on to a plane, or should I expect to check it? Will it fit in a suit case? any packing precautions?

Similar question about building a droid... How easy are they to get into a suit case or onto an airplane?

Thanks and Yes, August 2020 (Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Aug 27th - 30th 2020).... I have been wanting to go sooner but we have had other life expenses that we have been saving for that have stopped us.
You are going to have a blast!

If it helps ease your mind, by delaying your visit you have missed the hiccups and many crashes of the DataPad (Disney PLAY app for SW:GE). By the time you visit the app will have those bugs worked out and be running smoothly. Make sure you bring an extra battery or charging device; eye glasses if you need them (lots of data conveyed with limited screen space), hat (to provide shade over your DataPad screen), etc.

Again, you will love the land, the attractions (both should be open before your visit) and the layers of immersion / participation.

Similar question about building a droid... How easy are they to get into a suit case or onto an airplane?
Neither the R2 or BB-8 units are terribly big, so I would think that they would fit into a carry-on or check suitcase without much difficulty. The only real caveat I have is that they're pretty heavy. I measured BB-8 and he's about 7 inches in diameter plus another couple inches for the head (which can be detached easily).

Personally, I like to pack everything as carefully as possible, so I would probably opt to deconstruct the BB-8 unit. The internal mechanism can roll around inside the body shell and with the way luggage is treated, I'd rather be safe than sorry (truthfully, I'd probably take the droid as carry-on). I'd remove the internal motor and pack the motor, shell, and head separately to avoid any possible breakage.

We brought home both an R2 and a BB in our checked bags-one in each of two different soft-sided rolling duffels. I left the R2 basically in one piece with the legs straight but I did disassemble the BB as described above- removed the head (and antennae) and put that in one plastic bag and then opened the body, put the two halves inside one another with the motor inside that and wrapped it all together in another large plastic bag (think the blue plastic castle ones you get from various shops in the parks). We then carefully positioned them in the middle of our bags with lots of clothes around them for cushioning and had no issues. We did plan ahead as we thought we would probably get droids and brought bags with enough room to bring them home.

Note that the cardboard carry boxes they come in also have the instructions for pairing the remote if it gets confused and a few other things. My kids also liked the boxes so we collapsed those and folded them in the bottom of the same bags. If you don't want to do this or the boxes don't fit you might want to at least take a picture of the instructions on the box before you leave it behind. I'm sure you could also find them via google or asking here but this way you know you have them.

Those that are staying on property how does SWGE work, from what I was seeing Magic hours are open to Galaxy's Edge, is that correct?
No, Galaxy’s Edge is currently NOT open for Magic Morning/EMH, so your only advantage for staying in the DLH (besides feeling surrounded by Disney Magic) is to take advantage of the relatively short lines in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland during that early admission hour. We just came back and found during our visit that SWGE was a lot less crowded later in the day than in the morning, so getting all of our other “must do”s done first and then heading to Batuu worked well for us.

I believe other posters have already pointed out that the Millennium Falcon ride does NOT use Maxpass/Fastpass, though it does have a single rider line and that you can make reservations for the attractions that require them (Oga’s, lightsaber- and, more recently, droid building) through Disney’s website or app.

The minor risk of spoilage is in my opinion more than made up for by the valuable information you find here that is bound to make your trip smoother & more fun, especially since, as you have already noticed, they keep tweaking & adjusting the policies/crowd control measures (and are bound to continue to do so, especially whenever there are shifts in crowd patterns, for example once APs become unblocked or once the second ride opens).

I don’t think you necessarily need to read the entire thread (unless you enjoy doing so); just starting with the last 10 to 15 pages and then continuing to follow the thread until your travel date will probably keep you mostly on top of things and will help you catch any significant changes that occur between now and then.

Is there anyway to get the tracks they play in the Cantina? There are a couple of Love to add to my rotation if I could find them anywhere...

You might check YouTube to see if anyone has grabbed the sound track. Somebody did that for Trader Sam's and thus been able to recreate that playlist.

I haven’t seen any clean copies of any of the music on YouTube yet. I loved the music as well. If anyone sees or has a good copy please post! 🙂

I’m hoping for a soundtrack soon, both from Oga’s and the radio station that plays around Batuu. I’m sure they will eventually, I just hope it doesn’t take forever!

Man the cantina looks so neat inside... I can’t wait til we get our couple chances to go check it out this month... not too long to go now, all in good time...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!