I guess it ebbs and flows...I was also there last weekend and wandered in and out of the Droid Depot several times during the day. Sometimes there was a bit of a crowd, other times there was no one at the cashier. Compared to the reservation period, it was pretty quiet, but I'm guessing they're thinking it's going to be more like the reservation period once the AP blockout ends. It'll be interesting to see whether they need the reservations or will it be something where there will still be plenty of walk-up capacity.

The serving tray is an accessory only meant to be used when the droid’s legs are in the locked and upright position.

It’s not meant to be used when the droid is in motion.

Which is dumb.
That’s what they told me at droid depot, but I was able to operate mine while it was attached. I’ve also seen videos of people on my AP Facebook group operate theirs with the trays. I have a video of it on my phone but the file is too big.

Looks like they're planning on letting guests book reservations at the Droid Depot up to 14-days in advance now as well. I guess this is in anticipation of increased crowds due to the AP blockout ending (and upcoming holiday seasons). As the crowds stood this summer, there really isn't any need for a Droid Depot reservation.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/activity-reservation/19278772;entityType=activity-product/search/

I'm kind of into this, tbh. I hope it stays that way (or at least as an option).

Hello-

I've heard that rope drop isn't necessarily the best time to do the Millennium Falcon ride. What time of day is normally best to head into SWGE? We will be going in mid September - weekdays.

Thanks!

Hello-

I've heard that rope drop isn't necessarily the best time to do the Millennium Falcon ride. What time of day is normally best to head into SWGE? We will be going in mid September - weekdays.

Thanks!
It’s 30 minutes right now as of 1:48pm.

But usually after 12 pm it starts to drop. A couple weeks ago on a Saturday, my friend and I got in line when it said 75 minutes. It was only 40. That was also around 1:30ish. What makes the line bearable is that there aren’t any fastpass interruptions.

Attachments

• 5C3C150B-E969-4CAF-A0DF-3105DA817E7F.png
    5C3C150B-E969-4CAF-A0DF-3105DA817E7F.png
    267.8 KB · Views: 3
Hello-

Thanks!
We got in line last night at around 6:20pm with a 45 min wait. It went fast and the sun wasn't shining onto the que so it wasn't too hot.

We just came back from a couple day trip. I was surprised that yesterday around 2:30-3:00ish we were able to walk up to Oga's and just get in with no wait or reservation. There were 7 of us. After Oga's we went to ride Smuggler's Run and it was about 40 minutes.

Still out of so much stuff, but backpacks were there. No droid chips, which disappointed my niece and nephews. There were beginning to run out of a lot of the legacy light sabers while we were there and still no kyber crystals.

Also there were out of some of the ingredients to make some of the drinks in Oga's. Also they were still out of the rancor tooth flight and said that would not be back until sometime in September.

I was also told that a lot of merchandise was going to WDW to stock their opening and to expect low stock for a while.

For those that have droids with personality chips, what is the best way to get them to interact? Mine has a first order chip. On Sunday I briefly walked around with it and it did move a lot around Kylo's ship, and droid depot. But when I was near other droids, the markeplace, and just walked around, it didn't move very much. Is that how it is supposed to be with the chip? Maybe I got used to how it was before getting the chip?

How much time should be allotted for Savis Workshop?I cant find any information on how much time it takes to do the lightsaber building experience.

How much time should be allotted for Savis Workshop?I cant find any information on how much time it takes to do the lightsaber building experience.

It’s about 20 minutes for the building itself, but also factor in some additional time on the front-end for check-in and waiting for the group to be complete.

It’s about 20 minutes for the building itself, but also factor in some additional time on the front-end for check-in and waiting for the group to be complete.
Yesterday our mid afternoon Savi experience took about an hour from our reservation time, but they did say they were running behind.

So... if the Droid Depot is taking reservations, would I still need one if all I am looking to get is the pre-built DJ-R3X droid? I'm sure building a droid is fun and all but I am already being thrown into putting money down for lightsabers.

HOWEVER... because I hold a fondness for Rex and the original Star Tours, I want that little bluetooth speaker droid version of him! Is he just a general piece of merchandise you can find in any shop in the land (or heck, even outside the land in the park in general)? Or do you need go have a Droid Depot reservation to go in and snag one??

I don't believe he is a build a droid custom make... is there perhaps a little offshoot of the Droid Depot that is open to the public as a regular type of gift shop to pick up my Rex??

More details on how to acquire him would be amazing!

Oh! And do you need a reservation to be able to get a quick peek at the people building droids? Unlike Savi's... I have a feeling if I just had someplace to view the process (even if it is off to the side or not the best view) for a brief moment, I'd be satisfied. If not, we're headed out to Walt Disney World at the end of November and perhaps we'll just pop in to build an astromech droid at that time instead...

Thanks in advance!

So... if the Droid Depot is taking reservations, would I still need one if all I am looking to get is the pre-built DJ-R3X droid?
Unless they drastically change the configuration or access to the Depot, you shouldn't need a reservation to buy DJ-R3X (or any of the other merchandise) or even to watch others build their droids. The droid building area is visible from the store, but separated by a low fence. As far as I can recall, he wasn't available anywhere other than the Droid Depot.

Unless they drastically change the configuration or access to the Depot, you shouldn't need a reservation to buy DJ-R3X (or any of the other merchandise) or even to watch others build their droids. The droid building area is visible from the store, but separated by a low fence. As far as I can recall, he wasn't available anywhere other than the Droid Depot.

Ah, alright... thanks!

If anybody who goes into the Droid Depot at any point here soon could confirm if they changed the floor configuration or not would be appreciated as well!

Ah, alright... thanks!

If anybody who goes into the Droid Depot at any point here soon could confirm if they changed the floor configuration or not would be appreciated as well!
It would be almost impossible for them to change the configuration of the store without closing it to remove the barriers bolted into the floor. I think the reservations are there so the perceived crowds don't impact the people trying to buy general merch (including prebuilt droids).

Ah, alright... thanks!

It's definitely meant to be a store in addition to the droid building activity and you can just walk in. They are not changing the configuration of the shop. The line to build a droid is off to one side (and may extend to the right side of the door outside if its really long but I don't think its been that long since the preview reservation period and probably won't be now with droid building reservations either.) and then you enter the build area mentioned above but there is quite a lot of retail space in the rest of the shop including a whole second room that has another entrance.

Even if you don't want to buy anything (though I know you said you want to buy R3X) I'd still go in and look around as there's lots of cool droid bits and easter eggs in there.

Last edited:
It would be almost impossible for them to change the configuration of the store without closing it to remove the barriers bolted into the floor. I think the reservations are there so the perceived crowds don't impact the people trying to buy general merch (including prebuilt droids).
As of today, configuration is the same. You can see people building and buy Rex

I am still trying to catch up, (56 pages) I have been avoiding both Land and World's SWGE forums because I didn't want to spoil things before I was ready to book. Now that I have booked 5 days at Disneyland Hotel right before Star Wars Celebration Anaheim (August 2020) I am trying to figure out how things work. It still looks like Disney hasn't fully figured out how to do things at Land, and world isn't even open yet.

Has anyone used the Max Pass to reserve ride times or build a droid?
Those that are staying on property how does SWGE work, from what I was seeing Magic hours are open to Galaxy's Edge, is that correct?

Please forgive my ignorance, I am still thumbing through, but it seems like every few pages something changes as Disney changes the rules/learns/excreta

Are the lockers on Main Street large enough to hold a custom built droid?
My kiddo wants to do that, but I don't really want to carry it around all day (even if we are lucky enough to score one of the sweet backpacks) because I'm not sure what I would do with it / a backpack that size on rides like BTM, SM, etc.

I'm hoping to time our visit to SWGE to the late morning/early afternoon, so we can head back to hotel for our afternoon break and drop it off, but just planning for other scenarios if we stay in the park.

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter